Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released ! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    but am unable to find the paint kit for V3.14 of the wonderful aircraft. Any help appreciated.
    I don't think there is a "3.14" paintkit. I use the 3.12 with help from the basepack that Gman made, it's on the home page under what's hot. Going to 3.14 is all in the texture.cfg and the aircraft.cfg Having the 3 different model files help in your preference of the C-47 style.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks Nick.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Great Job! Just started flying it and love it.

Any chance of skis?

Floats would be pretty cool as well

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00c95a2fe29aebc1583035034379e735.jpg   ski.jpg   1485565.jpg  

Best I could come up with is a Ver. 2 not the V.3.14. I did change the first pic because I forgot to add the ski textures to the Buffalo texture folder!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buffalo ski.jpg   Buffalo ski.jpg  
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Best I could come up with is a Ver. 2 not the V.3.14.
    You can change it to V.3.14 by adding these two lines in your aircraft.cfg and putting Manfred's model updates into the folder. I know because that's my repaint LOL

[fltsim.XX]

sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
    model= C47_2

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    You can change it to V.3.14 by adding these two lines in your aircraft.cfg and putting Manfred's model updates into the folder. I know because that's my repaint LOL

[fltsim.XX]

sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
    model= C47_2
    Great repaint! I'm using it on my V.3.14 and it works fine. The paint shows well on the v.2 model but the textures on the panel make it blackish.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

P3D V4 detected error

Hello,

Just for your information and (easy) fix in the next release.

The much more detailed error reporting of P3D V4 gives this message

Code:
    error=Gauge/Script Error
    Type: Gauge
    Name: KeyEvent_SND_C47
    Error: Invalid variable (missing : - did you forget a macro?): :WaitGreeting
    Which I was able to track down to line 1324 of the gauge

Code:
    Line 1324:     if{ 1 (>L:Hello,enum) 0 (>:WaitGreeting)                                  ==> Missing L
    Thank you for this great aircraft !

Gérard

Is there any news on the next release of this beautiful aircraft and a working Sperry autopilot that Dutch was working on?

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Is there any news on the next release of this beautiful aircraft and a working Sperry autopilot that Dutch was working on?

Cheers Chris
    Well, I can update you that I put together the code for the Sperry and passed it on. It needs to be integrated with the model and that's outside the scope of what I do. I know it's being worked on.

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    Well, I can update you that I put together the code for the Sperry and passed it on. It needs to be integrated with the model and that's outside the scope of what I do. I know it's being worked on.

Dutch
    Heya Dutch,

I sent you an email on 11/26/2017, didn't you get it ?...

cheers,
    jan

Jan,

I just went looking and there it is. Somehow I missed it ... that was a crazy busy time what with getting FSCaptain 1.8 out before Christmas and other concurrent projects.

I'll reply shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Heya Dutch,

I sent you an email on 11/26/2017, didn't you get it ?...

cheers,
    jan

Load manager

First - thanks for a superb aircraft.

Now my problem. I am running P3dv4. I cannot change either the fuel or payload in the Status Panel (No2). I can get the load to change by left clicking but, as soon as I right click, it reverts to the default load. Clicking on the passengers or tanks has no effect. I am stuck with a payload of 6460 lbs and a fuel load of 4824 lbs.

Suggestions please.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by petesmiffy View Post
    First - thanks for a superb aircraft.

Now my problem. I am running P3dv4. I cannot change either the fuel or payload in the Status Panel (No2). I can get the load to change by left clicking but, as soon as I right click, it reverts to the default load. Clicking on the passengers or tanks has no effect. I am stuck with a payload of 6460 lbs and a fuel load of 4824 lbs.

Suggestions please.

Pete
    Suggestion, install Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64.dll gauge and let it replace its 32-bit equivalent via the panel.cfg. Then, in the Monitor panel, you can quickly dump (or add) fuel as needed.

Hansjoerg, the author of the original dll file that handled stuff like that, is no longer available, so it's unlikely we'll be able to update it to 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Suggestion, install Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64.dll gauge and let it replace its 32-bit equivalent via the panel.cfg. Then, in the Monitor panel, you can quickly dump (or add) fuel as needed.

Hansjoerg, the author of the original dll file that handled stuff like that, is no longer available, so it's unlikely we'll be able to update it to 64 bit.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I still can't get it to work. However I can change things from the Vehicle Menu.
    Once again thanks for this excellent aircraft.

Pete

Just thinking that I hadn't thought about this beauty still being Beta. So I have to ask Manfred or any of the team, are there new features coming for this incredible plane? Will there be a final 1.0 release?
    If there will be new features, has the team got them already in mind and being worked on?

I would love to use that old style AP and have an option to turn the monitor AP controls off so the plane would only have the original AP in it. I'm afraid having the monitor there and so easy to use i might cheat, lol.

Just wondering what the team has in mind for the future as this awesome bird goes forward toward a final 1.0. I happened to see my old JF Legends of flight DC3 and installed it. I had not installed it since I switched computers long ago, and I like JF, but man oh man, it can't even TOUCH this awesome classic Manfred and the team have put together. It's nice alright, I mean, it's not horrible, but uh, I realized that this great DC3 C47 just can't be touched. For the 1 millionth time I'm sure, thank you all for such a gift to all simmers. This is obviously a labor of love for this great classic plane and to allow so many to enjoy it and spend hours in it is just about the nicest thing I can imagine. Just look on youtube at all the videos of it and how beloved it is. Just amazing.

Hi Guitar read the above posts starting at 135.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi Guitar read the above posts starting at 135.

Cheers Chris
    Thanks Chris, hadn't noticed that. I can't wait for the next update. I hope Manfred might let us know what else might be coming up with this baby.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but found the link on a balsa model airplane site of all places and thought it might be appreciated.
    DC-3 for sale.

https://myaerometalproject.com/portfolio/dc-3d-n3006/
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by CP1207 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but found the link on a balsa model airplane site of all places and thought it might be appreciated.
    DC-3 for sale.

https://myaerometalproject.com/portfolio/dc-3d-n3006/

WOW... Nice. Now where did I put that winning Powerball ticket?
    You can't take the sky from me...

Hi Dutch Any news on progress?

Cheers Chris

V3.1405 is slower?

Ok I won't gush about how this plane could be payware...I'm sure it's been said excessively!

But I just upgraded from the last version...And now she won't do over 150 kts...

The last version was giving me 200 kts...all things being equal...(altitude, wind, weight, etc) and manifold pressure won't max out like before...

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mllgrennman View Post
    Ok I won't gush about how this plane could be payware...I'm sure it's been said excessively!

But I just upgraded from the last version...And now she won't do over 150 kts...

The last version was giving me 200 kts...all things being equal...(altitude, wind, weight, etc) and manifold pressure won't max out like before...

Any ideas?
    The current version is 3.1406. I believe it can do well over 150 kts. 200 for a humble Dak would seem a bit much?

The DC-3/C-47 had a maximum cruise speed of 180 KTAS, normal cruise speeds were more like 150 KTAS. 200 KTAS was the maximum speed for the type, not a cruise power setting.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful airplane. Flies beautifully and the parting comments when you end the flight are very refreshing..
    Question!! How do i get floats????

Members who have read this thread: 2