Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released ! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Happy to hear that gray eagle!
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Could I get a copy of you nice blue cockpit please?

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    .... and looking nice in the new V3.14 .

So the blue cockpit you used is the same shade that is from here?

Btw: nice Orbx scenery of Monterey Bay...

http://www.fs2000.org/2016/07/28/fsx...ckpit-repaint/

Hi Penz,

I used the 'virtual-cockpit-repaint-grey-blue' in my picture from my sim here. The other is also nice, but comes out a bit 'too pale looking' in my sim.

Cheers,
    MZ.

Roger that! Thanks.

Hi Penz,

I used the 'virtual-cockpit-repaint-grey-blue' in my picture from my sim here. The other is also nice, but comes out a bit 'too pale looking' in my sim.

Cheers,
    MZ.

With apologies, it's the forum moderator (not here) in me.

Having just read a complete repeat of useful advice already given further back in post 37 and onwards among the 104 posts,
    I have taken the liberty of starting a new topic HERE

Please give any feedback or ask for any advice there, instead of here, where it is clearly already getting lost.

If any of you with support requests already buried here would care to copy them to the new topic, it will make it much easier
    for those of us who may be able to answer them to find them.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by ncooper; February 26th, 2017 at 13:41.
    Regards,
    Nick

What are the chances this beautiful war bird could be made into the AC-47 or the turbo Gooney? Really getting into a WWII and Vietnam era flying with so many new releases of classic war birds. The turbo Gooney would be great for the Antarctic flights and the fantastic scenery released by Aerosoft a few years back.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    What are the chances this beautiful war bird could be made into the AC-47 or the turbo Gooney? Really getting into a WWII and Vietnam era flying with so many new releases of classic war birds. The turbo Gooney would be great for the Antarctic flights and the fantastic scenery released by Aerosoft a few years back.
    Like this, you mean?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ht=Basler+Jahn

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

Hi Scott,

The images are extremely faded. I will try to scan the faulty pages today.

EDIT: Here is a scan of page 22. The rest mentioned in my initial post are similar.

Hi Pat,

I have printed out the manual at work today, and it did print normally for me. It seems there might be an issue with your printer or even printer settings.

Possible causes that could be considered are: Empty or low ink cartridge(s), blocked nozzle(s) on printer head, incorrect/unsuitable settings (print quality, colour, page alignment). I would suggest running a few maintenance procedures on your printer to clear any blockages etc and run a test print. You should also check how the affected pages are appearing in the print preview.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,

Scott
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    That exactly, but all the links are dead. Is this beauty hosted at Sim-Outhouse or elsewhere? After a quick search...only found repaints. Nice repaints but no aircraft download, unless I searched incorrectly. The person that made her seems to no longer have a website either.

Matt

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks for that Scott. Actually I only purchased the printer less that 2 weeks ago and that was the first colour print I had done. Previously I had only printed about 6 pages .... all in black print. I will check the print density and see if that helps.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    That exactly, but all the links are dead. Is this beauty hosted at Sim-Outhouse or elsewhere? After a quick search...only found repaints. Nice repaints but no aircraft download, unless I searched incorrectly. The person that made her seems to no longer have a website either.
    I happen to be the person that made her, and she is available at Flightsim.com:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....er_bt67_v2.zip

Another Turbo version as used by the SAAF goes by the name of Braddick and is also hosted by Flightsim.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Hi Pat,

I have printed out the manual at work today, and it did print normally for me. It seems there might be an issue with your printer or even printer settings.

Possible causes that could be considered are: Empty or low ink cartridge(s), blocked nozzle(s) on printer head, incorrect/unsuitable settings (print quality, colour, page alignment). I would suggest running a few maintenance procedures on your printer to clear any blockages etc and run a test print. You should also check how the affected pages are appearing in the print preview.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,

Scott
    Scott I did most of the suggestions you made. No nozzle blockage ans all other pages but the ones I nominated above printed perfectly.

The printer is an Epson Workforce WF 3640 series. Will keep checking.

Set it up in a PDF reader and also exported it as a Word.DOC file. and here are the results. Even in print preview the wrd.doc looks like the print I previously printed. Might try a different PDF reader other than the Corel one I am using at present.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails page 23.jpg   page 23b.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

MJAN,thanks for your replay. I tried what you suggested with the mixture. They snapto the detents. With my Saitek throttle quadrant also nicely to AR and AL, butnot to full rich and Idle (and I am not the only one with this).
    Quote from the manual: “
    Typical economy cruise power setting is 30”/2050 RPM,which should give you a speed between 140-150 KIAS.”
    That was true for the V3.12, but not for this plane. With above settings I getabout 130 KIAS. My throttles are at 76%, and with the same settings in V3.12 at54%. I don’t think that adding more throttle is the answer. I could change thepower_scalar, but I would like advice from the team first. Again I am not theonly one with these remarks.
    As you requested I add a screenshot of the monitor made with the same flying conditions.I hope it’s useful.
    Roy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fluor and Payload 2.jpg  

Hi Pat,

Well that would rule the printer out, which is a good thing. Give Adobe Acrobat Reader a try. That's what I always use to open PDFs, and it's what I used at work today. I didn't even open the file today when I printed it, just right clicked and chose print. The PDF was also produced using Adobe reader, so that should work better. I would suggest you install Adobe Acrobat Reader and then open the document and choose a print preview to see if the problem is gone.

Strange that it only affects some pages though.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

you can try to use the old 1.4airfile and cfg from 3.12,because the more power...........

or change this back to 7000 it is now at 100,not as real,but...............

[piston_engine]

critical_altitude= 7000 //100 reduced to match 1" decrease per 1000 ft still matching MAPs at critical altitudes //Altitude to which the turbocharger will provide max design manifold pressure (feet)

i think the new one is more as the real plane,but i can´t tell.........

Roy, the pic of the monitor shows you are getting 140 kts TAS at the usual settings. So you are within the expected range. I made an error in the manual and wrote KIAS, when, of course, increased altitude will decrease IAS.

MJAN,thanks for your replay. I tried what you suggested with the mixture. They snapto the detents. With my Saitek throttle quadrant also nicely to AR and AL, butnot to full rich and Idle (and I am not the only one with this).
    Quote from the manual: “Typical economy cruise power setting is 30”/2050 RPM,which should give you a speed between 140-150 KIAS.”
    That was true for the V3.12, but not for this plane. With above settings I getabout 130 KIAS. My throttles are at 76%, and with the same settings in V3.12 at54%. I don’t think that adding more throttle is the answer. I could change thepower_scalar, but I would like advice from the team first. Again I am not theonly one with these remarks.
    As you requested I add a screenshot of the monitor made with the same flying conditions.I hope it’s useful.
    Roy
    Thanks for the screenie, will study it closely. Obviously, something's seriously wrong with the mixture, f/a should stand at 0.74 ... you don't have Automixture ON in General Settings by any chance, have you?

Since you mention "others", is this a multiplayer session? (that's one of my prime suspects as of late).

On hardware levers only selecting AL and AR, that's intentional (and mentioned in Readme and Manual).

Adding more throttle the higher you get is standard RL procedure, however that's speaking from out of my comfort zone, so I'll leave any comment on that to Alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    I happen to be the person that made her, and she is available at Flightsim.com:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....er_bt67_v2.zip

Another Turbo version as used by the SAAF goes by the name of Braddick and is also hosted by Flightsim.
    Thanks for the download link Manfred! I was suprised she's not hosted here as well, but hosted nonetheless she is on flightsim.com. Absolutely stunning model too.

Matt

Exellent update,thank guys!

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Hi Pat,

Well that would rule the printer out, which is a good thing. Give Adobe Acrobat Reader a try. That's what I always use to open PDFs, and it's what I used at work today.
    Strange that it only affects some pages though.

Cheers,
    Ahead of you on the Acrobat reader Scott. Installed it last night and printed the offending pages with no problem. I originally installed the Corel PDF reader as it also allowed me to create PDFs. Will look deeper into Adobe.

Cheers
    Pat

[QUOTE=mjahn;1069589]

RE: the carb icing temps at +6, that as far as the real world is concerned would be a normal parameter. Carb Heat should always be selected in a carburettor fitted piston engine aeroplane with temps from +5 to -5 and below with and here is the stress point, VISIBLE MOISTURE PRESENT, that is cloud. So that parameter is correct as far as a real engine would behave. In the real world carburettor icing forms within the carburettor and is caused by the venturi affect through the throat which accelerates the air mass and hence reduces its temperature so if moisture is present it will being to form as ice within the carburettor, the application of carb heat introduces hot manifold air back into the carburettor. It will also change the MP reading slightly so if you see that as well you know it is working. Not sure how this is simulated in the FSX engine but they seem to have captured it ok as I have had engine failures in the sim from carb icing.

Not to hi jack this thread (not my intention), but ive been working on a repaint for Manfred's Basler with this repaint and was thinking that I would finish it and then do one in these colors for the Douglas C47.

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   1.jpg  

BendyFlyer, Mjahn, Griphos and Banjoman1960, thanks for your replies and advice. I will use the other thread if I have more questions or remarks.
    Roy

Sorry to dig this thread up after such a long time but I have searched through the forums but am unable to find the paint kit for V3.14 of the wonderful aircraft. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Pat

Members who have read this thread: 2