Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released ! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Now a quick question. I am aware this is still a Beta. On my FSXA I seem to have a conflict withe camera views overriding the normal view selection menu keys F9, F10, F11 and F12. On load I get the VC but selection of the other F keys normally controlling the external view (locked spot) and map are overridden and view selection is internal only. I seemed to have had this particular issue with the previous version so I can substitute other views into the config but I am curious as to why this is happening?
    It's because of the "HotKeySelect=X" entries in camera definitions 1, 3 and 12 in "aircraft.cfg". If you remove those 3 lines you will have your normal views assigned to the F keys.

Example Cameradefinition.1:
    Code:
    [Cameradefinition.1]
    Title=CA Left Engine
    Guid = {3DACE89C-59EE-4a9e-A868-3CB8EF1E41F7}
    Description = 
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.7
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=40
    HeadingPanRate=60
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=-0.23, 0.0, 0.27
    InitialPbh=32, 0, -100
    // HotKeySelect=2
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Hello Rolandalder

-can you specify the entries you added in the aircraft file to see the exhaust flames?
    Thank you!

Alain

-

C-47 V3.14 ... The Spark is Back !

I decided that the V2 startup red flame, spark and smoke effects were just too good to forget ....... so I 'reincarnated' them into the latest and greatest V3.14.

Cheers,
    MZ

I was lucky enough to see a Mount Cook airlines DC-3 really have an issue trying to start, it is an impressive site when it finally kicks in , then not then yes .. obviously just out from a engine overhaul .. run the engine for ten or so minutes and then shut it down.

Now Approaching Real Life ....

.... A bit more silver, spark, shine and smoke in the sun. Thank-you to the development team and painters for this beauty.

Cheers,
    MZ

If You Want to See More Smoke and Spark on Startup ....

Quote Originally Posted by rolandalder View Post
    Sorry for hijacking, but it seems that in the new version the small exhaust flames have disappeared.....
    Have installed the effect files in the correct folder and everything else works perfectly. Any ideas?
    Thank you
    Roland
    Hi Roland, hope this helps .........

My C-47 V3.14 Beta FSX Installation Summary with V2 Startup Smoke and Spark Effects :
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

1) I placed the 'Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14' folder in FSX 'Airplanes' folder.

2) In FSX 'Effects' folder I added these files: fx_c47parajump.fx, fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx**, fx_engstart_C47.fx** and fx_vclight_c47v3.fx .

3) In FSX 'Effects' folder, there is a 'texture' folder to which I added the 2 textures for the parajumpers (fx_C47para1 and fx_C47para2) , and startup red flame textures (fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b**) .

**NOTE** :
    The 'fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx' , 'fx_engstart_C47.fx' , and the startup red flame textures (fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b) are from the V2 download available here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=17656

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=Penz;1069260]It's because of the "HotKeySelect=X" entries in camera definitions 1, 3 and 12 in "aircraft.cfg". If you remove those 3 lines you will have your normal views assigned to the F keys.

Thanks

That fixed the problem and I deleted the cfg file and let FSX do a rebuild on that which fixed the other bug of menus etc not showing. All good.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Been waiting a while for this aircraft. Unfortunately tonight when I went to print the manual everything printed properly except for the images on pages 22, 23, 24, 26, 31 and 33. Any help as to why this has happened would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Curious: On your note did you have to make any entries to the effects section of the V3.14 aircraft.cfg? From a comparison between the old and new versions, the fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx file
    looks to be the same. I grabbed the old V2 files and put them in the effects folder and looks to be smoky alright, but I also added that fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b to the textures and switched
    to dusk to see the exhaust flames - didn't see them am I missing something here?

Edit: I think I found the solution, I didn't add the old V2 fx_engstart_C47.fx, that seems to add the short duration of flames from the exhaust on startup. I wish the duration of the flames could of lasted a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi Roland, hope this helps .........

My C-47 V3.14 Beta FSX Installation Summary with V2 Startup Smoke and Spark Effects :
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

**NOTE** :
    The 'fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx' , 'fx_engstart_C47.fx' , and the startup red flame textures (fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b) are from the V2 download available here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=17656

Last edited by gray eagle; February 25th, 2017 at 06:31.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingboxcar View Post
    Scotth6,
    Thanks for the reply. Oh, now I get it. I had to add the line to the cfg file and now I have the beacon light. Radios work too. I notice that the switch on the Pilots overhead panel called Cockpit Lights does not work. Does yours? The new red and fluorescent lighting looks great.
    Thanks
    Howard
    Hi Howard,

Do you mean the switch labelled Cabin Lights? The rotary switch labelled as "Cockpit Lights" is the one controlling the red cockpit lighting. Mine is working. The "Cabin Lights" switch functions, but I don't think it actually has any effect.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Been waiting a while for this aircraft. Unfortunately tonight when I went to print the manual everything printed properly except for the images on pages 22, 23, 24, 26, 31 and 33. Any help as to why this has happened would be much appreciated.
    Hi Pat,

It sounds as if some of the images are printing OK, but not the ones you mention. Could you specify the problem a bit more? Do the images not print at all, or do they appear faded? Does only a part of the image print? I don't currently have my printer installed, but I can check it out when I'm back at work on Monday, if no one else beats me to it.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Hi, @grayeagle,

Glad to see all is working well now.
    Yes, the 'fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF.fx' , 'fx_engstart_C47.fx' , and the startup red flame textures (fx_TFF_Red_Flame_2b) are from the V2 download - everything else is from the latest V3.14.
    Even though two files (from two different versions/repaints) sharing the same name, whatever they may be (effect, texture), are of the 'same size' , doesn't necessarily mean they are going to translate to the same result.

Cheers,
    MZ..

Spring Interior Colors are Back .....

.... and looking nice in the new V3.14 .

I hacked the green interior from the base 3.12 package, but the blue is very nice as well!

Is that one available anywhere?

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Hi Pat,

It sounds as if some of the images are printing OK, but not the ones you mention. Could you specify the problem a bit more? Do the images not print at all, or do they appear faded? Does only a part of the image print? I don't currently have my printer installed, but I can check it out when I'm back at work on Monday, if no one else beats me to it.

Cheers,
    Hi Scott,

The images are extremely faded. I will try to scan the faulty pages today.

EDIT: Here is a scan of page 22. The rest mentioned in my initial post are similar.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails page 22.jpg  
    Last edited by AussieMan; February 25th, 2017 at 19:18.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I must do something wrong, but I am not satisfied with the performance ofthis plane.
    I have change the payload to get it within limits and to get the CGforwards, but still with RPM 2050 and MP 3000 my max speed at 6500 ft is 128kn. (see screenshot Controle Panel).
    The CG is 21.2%. In the aircraft.cfg I read: CG_forward_limit=0.11 and CG_aft_limit=0.28.Is there a relation between both?
    Mixture: I have both engines on one leaver, but there is a big differencein a/f between both engines. During climb at one point 0.089 <-> 0.074.What can I do about that? During cruse I’m able to bring the difference back to0.084 <-> 0.074.
    Carbheat: In V3.12 carbhead was needed below -5°. I now get a warning at +6°??
    I love this plane, so please tell my what to do.
    Roy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fluor and Payload.jpg  

DCA1161
    I must do something wrong, but I am not satisfied with the performance ofthis plane.
    I have change the payload to get it within limits and to get the CGforwards, but still with RPM 2050 and MP 3000 my max speed at 6500 ft is 128kn. (see screenshot Controle Panel).
    The CG is 21.2%. In the aircraft.cfg I read: CG_forward_limit=0.11 and CG_aft_limit=0.28.Is there a relation between both?
    Mixture: I have both engines on one leaver, but there is a big differencein a/f between both engines. During climb at one point 0.089 <-> 0.074.What can I do about that? During cruse I’m able to bring the difference back to0.084 <-> 0.074.
    Carbheat: In V3.12 carbhead was needed below -5°. I now get a warning at +6°??
    I love this plane, so please tell my what to do.
    Roy

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the pics, but could you also add a screenshot of Shift-4 Monitor, because there are many more parameters on that display, especially regarding the somewhat puzzling mixture and f/a values. (Also check for yourself by selecting engine #2 in particular.) Next, check whether you are actually on automixture. Try setting mixture to AR and then AL via the actual VC levers. They should snap to the detents, not move continuously .

As far as speed is concerned, 142 is a tad low but there is plenty of room for you to up pitch and throttle for more MP and still stay within cruise limits.

The other questions I leave for the rest of the team.

on my setup mix is still the same..............

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    I hacked the green interior from the base 3.12 package, but the blue is very nice as well!

Is that one available anywhere?
    OK, found the blue interior on fs2000.org. Actually I found two, both by hanimichal, strangely they are not here in the SOH library.

http://www.fs2000.org/2016/07/28/fsx...int-grey-blue/
    http://www.fs2000.org/2016/07/28/fsx...ckpit-repaint/

Where and how did you make a green and blue cockpit?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Where and how did you make a green and blue cockpit?

Thanks
    The blue can be downloaded from fs2000.org, like I wrote just above your post. Link:

The green cockpit is the stock 3.12 one. You need these files from the "texture" folder of the 3.12 version:
    Code:
    noseout.dds
    padding.dds
    padding3.dds
    padding4.dds
    padding_top.dds
    panel_1a.dds
    panel_2a.dds
    vvc_1.dds
    vvc_10.dds
    vvc_11.dds
    vvc_2.dds
    vvc_3.dds
    vvc_4.dds
    vvc_5.dds
    vvc_6.dds
    vvc_7.dds
    vvc_8.dds
    vvc_9.dds
    Make a folder with these files and name it "texture.greenint" and place this folder in your C-47 v 3.14 folder. Use it the same way as the blue one, with a modified "texture.cfg" file for the liveries you want to use it with. It should look like this:
    Code:
    [fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture.greenint
    fallback.2=..\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Texture
    fallback.4=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Well, I think I copied the files and did the other things you said to do but I have black windshield and gauges.

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\texture

And the result is shown above ^ I know I must of missed something.

The blue can be downloaded from fs2000.org, like I wrote just above your post. Link:

The green cockpit is the stock 3.12 one. You need these files from the "texture" folder of the 3.12 version:
    Code:
    noseout.dds
    padding.dds
    padding3.dds
    padding4.dds
    padding_top.dds
    panel_1a.dds
    panel_2a.dds
    vvc_1.dds
    vvc_10.dds
    vvc_11.dds
    vvc_2.dds
    vvc_3.dds
    vvc_4.dds
    vvc_5.dds
    vvc_6.dds
    vvc_7.dds
    vvc_8.dds
    vvc_9.dds
    Make a folder with these files and name it "texture.greenint" and place this folder in your C-47 v 3.14 folder. Use it the same way as the blue one, with a modified "texture.cfg" file for the liveries you want to use it with. It should look like this:
    Code:
    [fltsim]

fallback.2=..\texture

I think you misunderstood what to do with the modified "texture.cfg".

It must replace "texture.cfg" in the texture folder for the aircraft variant you wish the green cockpit to appear in.

You should NOT copy the green VC texture files anywhere else but "texture.greenint", nor should you change any texture assignments in "aircraft.cfg". The green VC folder is just added to the fallback path via "texture.cfg" and given a higher priority than "texture" where the stock 3.14 VC textures reside.
    Last edited by Penz; February 26th, 2017 at 09:08.

Incredible piece of work. Congrats to the whole team that worked so hard to produce this beauty!!

It works now, I think the last line fallback.4 may not of been included in the file.
    Thanks for your help

Once I can figure out the logic used then I can press on and make the changes happen.....

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\texture

I think you misunderstood what to do with the modified "texture.cfg".

It must replace "texture.cfg" in the texture folder for the aircraft variant you wish the green cockpit to appear in.

You should NOT copy the green VC texture files anywhere else but "texture.greenint", nor should you change any texture assignments in "aircraft.cfg". The green VC folder is just added to the fallback path via "texture.cfg" and given a higher priority than "texture" where the stock 3.14 VC textures reside.

Members who have read this thread: 2