Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

It is with great pleasure ( and a bit of relief.. ;-) to announce that the long awaited update to our Douglas C-47 V3.12 Beta is uploading here at the SOH Library ( to avoid the traffic jam that was caused here by the V3.12 edition earlier the file will be up at Flightsim.com and Avsim shortly as well ).

We have called this updated edition V3.14 Beta and, as those who followed the thread about it here already know, one of the new features is that the VVC can now be lighted up so you can finally fly your Skytrained Gooney Dakota at night as well. Other new features include: significantly updated Interactive Checklist, Automixture function, fine tuned flight dynamics and groundhandling with 2 choices of groundsteering, OMI Marker lights, selectable 'Cutie' pictures plus various modifications, corrections and additions according to V3.12 users feedback.

All new features and functions are described in detail in the read.me and Manual so be sure to take those along on your first flight in your upgraded C-47. It'll pay off, believe me !

Like the V3.12 edition this upgraded V3.14 model should work fine in FSX, FSX-SE, as well as in P3D. Before installing the V3.14 model we'd like to advice you to first uninstall the V3.12 model. Repaints of the V3.12 model can still be used with V3.14, you'll find a small tutorial about that in the read.me.

Look for "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip" here in the SOH Library (FSX Aircraft, FSX Civilian Aircraft, FSX Militairy Aircraft). Check IGA Catalogue and ALDI Catalogue. Note that it may take a moment for the mods to make it publicly available.

Rests me to wish you all good flights, but remember, strange things are lurking outthere in the dark....

On behalf of the entire DDW (Digital Dakota Works) crew,

Cheers,
    Jan

Looking forward to it!!!
    Many thanks Jan...
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Oh boy, oh boy....

I can not wait for it to become available in the library. Guess work will have to do a day without me, lol.

Thanks to Jan and his team for their dedication to this already amazing rendition of an iconic classic airplane.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Digital Dakota Works

Nice one Jan!!!

Was a pleasure to test this Bird..........

Cheers
    Ralf

Woohoo!

Thank you Digital Dakota Works - Jan and Co.!
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Can't wait to fly this! Question - Since this is a dedicated C47 platform, is there any small chance of a future update with visual cargo boxes in the rear under nets to simulate hauling military/civilian cargo? Thanks, Hawkdriver

Every once in a while, there is a great benefit to being SOH staff...
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thank you Gentlemen! This iconic aircraft really deserves a team
    like yours!!!!
    The more you do, the less you dream

THANKS x 1000! You guys always make my day !

hertzie

Thank you all in advance fellas.Still waiting with eager anticipation for the file to appear.

Bedankt.

Chris

Old (but for v.3) repaints work ok here?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yoyo see here fom Jan.

Like the V3.12 edition this upgraded V3.14 model should work fine in FSX, FSX-SE, as well as in P3D. Before installing the V3.14 model we'd like to advice you to first uninstall the V3.12 model. Repaints of the V3.12 model can still be used with V3.14, you'll find a small tutorial about that in the read.me.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Yoyo see here fom Jan.

Cheers Chris
    Oh, my foul, ok, Thank You.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Old (but for v.3) repaints work ok here?
    all entrys need a change
    [fltsim.xxx]
    title=Douglas C-47 xxx
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.4 need to change to sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5

SOH-CM-2021
    Thanks in advance DDW from DWW. My initials.

Den.

I really do new to hook into this one, slop a little paint around , again a Super effort

I can't figure out how to perform the parachute jump. This is on P3D 3.4. I think I have done everything according to manual: Open door 4 while still on the ground, enable callouts and parachuting on the clipboard, keep red/green light switches off until it's time, fly level at 800ft while keeping speed below 110kias.

When I turn on red light nothing happens. Also, nothing happens when I wait 60 sec after red light and then turn on green light. Am I missing some crucial step?

Everything else about the aircraft and cockpit is, of course, absolutely wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    I can't figure out how to perform the parachute jump. This is on P3D 3.4. I think I have done everything according to manual: Open door 4 while still on the ground, enable callouts and parachuting on the clipboard, keep red/green light switches off until it's time, fly level at 800ft while keeping speed below 110kias.

When I turn on red light nothing happens. Also, nothing happens when I wait 60 sec after red light and then turn on green light. Am I missing some crucial step?

Everything else about the aircraft and cockpit is, of course, absolutely wonderful.
    the effect does not work in p3d,you can only hear the voices......you need to switch callouts and paratroper on(shift4 panel)

then switch fasten seatbelts and wait............then no smoking,i test again,for me works(i test with standart livery,work also)

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    the effect does not work in p3d,you can only hear the voices......you need to switch callouts and paratroper on(shift4 panel)

then switch fasten seatbelts and wait............then no smoking,i test again,for me works(i test with standart livery,work also)
    Done all that, but despite that I don't get the voices, or any other response. I use the standard Paratrooper variant too.

For some reason I am not able to remove the chocks. I see the menu for it and select OFF, but they are not going away. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Done all that, but despite that I don't get the voices, or any other response. I use the standard Paratrooper variant too.
    i download the plane now,i have the testversion not this download....,i check and report back........

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    For some reason I am not able to remove the chocks. I see the menu for it and select OFF, but they are not going away. NC
    i get this also once when i test,reload the sim,and start from defaultflight fix it for me

i have test with a fresh download now,load the default flight and change to c47.........chokes remove,also parajump work(p3dv3,i have not install parajumpeffect)
    remove chockes shift 4 panel misc chockes off remove them......

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Same here under FSX, Win 8.1 starting with a default Cessna. I can still taxi and take off, but the chocks remain visible on the wheels even after they are retracted. Issue seems to be intermittent as my next flight had no problems.

Excellent update on one of my favorites. Thanks Manfred and team.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 2