Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Hybrid View

Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

It is with great pleasure ( and a bit of relief.. ;-) to announce that the long awaited update to our Douglas C-47 V3.12 Beta is uploading here at the SOH Library ( to avoid the traffic jam that was caused here by the V3.12 edition earlier the file will be up at Flightsim.com and Avsim shortly as well ).

We have called this updated edition V3.14 Beta and, as those who followed the thread about it here already know, one of the new features is that the VVC can now be lighted up so you can finally fly your Skytrained Gooney Dakota at night as well. Other new features include: significantly updated Interactive Checklist, Automixture function, fine tuned flight dynamics and groundhandling with 2 choices of groundsteering, OMI Marker lights, selectable 'Cutie' pictures plus various modifications, corrections and additions according to V3.12 users feedback.

All new features and functions are described in detail in the read.me and Manual so be sure to take those along on your first flight in your upgraded C-47. It'll pay off, believe me !

Like the V3.12 edition this upgraded V3.14 model should work fine in FSX, FSX-SE, as well as in P3D. Before installing the V3.14 model we'd like to advice you to first uninstall the V3.12 model. Repaints of the V3.12 model can still be used with V3.14, you'll find a small tutorial about that in the read.me.

Look for "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip" here in the SOH Library (FSX Aircraft, FSX Civilian Aircraft, FSX Militairy Aircraft). Check IGA Catalogue and ALDI Catalogue. Note that it may take a moment for the mods to make it publicly available.

Rests me to wish you all good flights, but remember, strange things are lurking outthere in the dark....

On behalf of the entire DDW (Digital Dakota Works) crew,

Cheers,
    Jan

Looking forward to it!!!
    Many thanks Jan...
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Oh boy, oh boy....

I can not wait for it to become available in the library. Guess work will have to do a day without me, lol.

Thanks to Jan and his team for their dedication to this already amazing rendition of an iconic classic airplane.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Digital Dakota Works

Nice one Jan!!!

Was a pleasure to test this Bird..........

Cheers
    Ralf

Woohoo!

Thank you Digital Dakota Works - Jan and Co.!
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Sorry to dig this thread up after such a long time but I have searched through the forums but am unable to find the paint kit for V3.14 of the wonderful aircraft. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    but am unable to find the paint kit for V3.14 of the wonderful aircraft. Any help appreciated.
    I don't think there is a "3.14" paintkit. I use the 3.12 with help from the basepack that Gman made, it's on the home page under what's hot. Going to 3.14 is all in the texture.cfg and the aircraft.cfg Having the 3 different model files help in your preference of the C-47 style.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks Nick.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Great Job! Just started flying it and love it.

Any chance of skis?

Floats would be pretty cool as well

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00c95a2fe29aebc1583035034379e735.jpg   ski.jpg   1485565.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3