Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released ! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Hola a todos, alguien podría poner el enlace a la actualización 3.1406 Solo tengo el 1405 y no puedo encontrar el último en ninguna parte, lo siento por mi inglés, use traductor, gracias

Carpetbaggers

I have been flying this beautiful aircraft since it was first made available after having followed the threads from the very beginning. Flew V2 in the CBI theatre.
    Virtually, I'm old but not that old LOL.

Question. I have been able to find some nice B-24 Lib shots of all glossy black Liberators and I posted by repaint of RED BALL EXPRESS here yesterday; a nice few of glossy black A-26 invaders, I just posted a pic of today's repaint here but try as I might, I have not been able to find ANY shots of the C-47's they used. Does anyone have/know where any are? I am waiting for my library to get me a copy of Ben Parnell's book which perhaps may have some of the C-47's. I like to add books to my library when I do research but alas it is out of print and at $147.00+ for a USED copy its a bit rich. I was very excited today to find out that "my favorite librarian" will get a copy for me from a source she found. There is a copy in the library at Fort Bragg but its for reference only and not check out. I think that mine is coming from the University of Georgia library. I'm not patient but I guess I have to wait. I found one picture online of a crew unloading but it looks like its OD not glossy black. LMK here if anyone has any pictures, please.

Work in progress for Dakota Norway's DC-3. The history of LN-WND started in 1943. Basically the aircraft is a C-53, and she particpated during the invation dropping parashooters over Europe. From 1948 to 1969 she went into service with Finnair. Then she was used by the Finnish President until she was bought by a couple of Norwegian enthusiasts in 1985. Later the Dakota Norway fundation was established. (Preview of WIP). Thanks to Manfred for a beautiful freeware model, and for good advices for the shiny fuselage.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Thanks Manfred for one of the most beautiful freeware aircraft around. It has been sitting on my hard drive since it's release, but only flown a bit since I am one of those folks who have maybe one or two paints for each aircraft installed. Rare I know. The C-47 is awaiting a Rhodesian paint circa 1977 to 1980. I hope to see one eventually!
    Matt

Hi all --

I have a YouTube channel that features videos of this wonderful aircraft being flown on VATSIM:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGV...Ht6huOirNEYI4Q

You can also watch them live on Sunday & Friday evenings US time:
    http://twitch.tv/slantalphaadventures

Enjoy!

Hi Gunnar!
    Sorry, I forgot about You... I was last week in Bergen :/.
    This skin reminds me my last picture

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi YoYo
    You should have been in Bergen one week earlier, when LN-WND visited Bergen. Then you would have had the opportunity to fly with her (like I did).
    Last edited by Skyhawk18; August 19th, 2018 at 14:19. Reason: Dobble posting

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Work in progress for Dakota Norway's DC-3. The history of LN-WND started in 1943. Basically the aircraft is a C-53, and she particpated during the invation dropping parashooters over Europe. From 1948 to 1969 she went into service with Finnair. Then she was used by the Finnish President until she was bought by a couple of Norwegian enthusiasts in 1985. Later the Dakota Norway fundation was established. (Preview of WIP). Thanks to Manfred for a beautiful freeware model, and for good advices for the shiny fuselage.

you guys that can do bare metal are really bad for my self image and confidence..

Well, I got good help with the polished fuselage from Manfred, and from a study of how Gordon (gman) Madison did his Piedmont livery..

Gunnar van der Meeren

I have been searching all over the internet looking for a Portuguese air force C-47 repaint for the model by Manfred Jahn and Jan Visser.

So far I haven't found a downloadable file, but what i did find was the image below on Pinterest

The problem is that Pinterest doesn't give the source of the image or a reference to any website/location.

So my question here is, does anyone of you guys have this repaint on their drive or can someone guide me to the person/website that offers the repaint?

Regards,
    Randy

DC-3 N61981 @2B1 Marstons Mills Cape Cod MA anyone?

Hi,

2 DC-3's are often parked at 2B1 Marstons Mills (very nice scenery here at SOH of the airport btw). Somebody has already done one of them, N137PB, Anyone up for the other N61981? All white fuselage with blue and white stripe over the windows with gold trim and gray(?) wings with bare engine nacelles. A search for the N-number will bring up a bunch of pictures of her.

I'm gonna try myself, but you guys are better than me, thought somebody might like to do it.

Thanks

Edit: I just noticed, they did N139PB, and lamented it's not flying. There are plenty of pics of N137PB in those colors and I think she's still flying. Flightaware says she's owned by Christopher J Siderwicz out of Marstons Mills MA as of May, 2017. Guess I can update the N-number on that paint too to get it current.

And turns out N61981 is the old N35PB

Oh well, based on the site below, N137PB was repainted in October of last year

A nice pic of the interior of N61981 is there

https://www.sunshineskies.com/pbadc3now.html

Members who have read this thread: 2