Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released ! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Thank you very much for this beauty!

Charter Member 2015

Icon5 How to start the engines when using 2D panel?

Hello,
    How to start the engines when in 2D panel?
    Thanks in advance.
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

There is no 2D panel?
    There is a manual though, included in the download.
    Regards,
    Nick

Thank you for this great update

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I notice that the anti-collision light switch is inoperable.
    Same here - fortunately, the checklist allow to solve the problem...

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    yes,

in the planefolder is a effectfolder,there are all you need
    you need to copy the right files in maineffectsfolder from the sim,fsx and p3d are different.......take the right one!

cheers
    I think it's a DX10 fixer issue. The smoke is there along with the effects file, but it is very faint and only visible from the opposite side of the aircraft. Checking my settings.

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Radios and rotating beacon light

I have done just one flight at night so far. The panel lighting is very nice indeed. However, I cant seem to be able to change the frequencies of the Com and Nav radios. I can change the frequency of the ADF ok, but not the others. I know they are working because I can bring up the morse code id of each one. I also notice the absence of the rotating beacon light on top of the tail, or did I happen to add that to the earlier version with some addon?
    Anyhow, thanks for the nice panel lighting.
    Howard

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I think it's a DX10 fixer issue. The smoke is there along with the effects file, but it is very faint and only visible from the opposite side of the aircraft. Checking my settings.

- d
    You will need to run the effect through the Fixer's conversion.
    Then it works as it should from all angles.
    I'm sure you have the FSX effect version and not the P3D one.
    Regards,
    Nick

With complete gratitude to Manfred, Jan and the entire team, could I please ask for a revisit to the Artificial Horizon? The central dot ought to (imho) rise and fall with the "wings" when turning the adjustment knob.... for long IFR flights without the AP, this is a very useful tool, allowing for quick and accurate instrument scans.... at the moment it's a bit disjointed.

Really liking the FDE, still playing with it.....

Again, thank you all... she's lovely....

C

A magnificent aircraft a lot of fun features .

Thanks to all who donated their valuable time for this great project.

A fluky observation:
    I have my FSX.cft set to display missing textures. I have been trying to find the name of a missing texture in another plane.

When I load the Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 I get two messages for missing textures.
    MARKERLTS.BMP and PADDING_LM.BMP.
    All the textures I can see are .dds so am not sure why it is calling for the above.
    I can't see any missing textures so am not sure what FSX is up to.

Thanks again for this masterpiece.
    Irvin IntelCore2Duo-E6850 3GHz- eForce8800GTX-768MB-2GBram- FSX-UTCan
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Top Rotating Red Beacon Light Missing in V3.14 Repaints

Hi Guys !

A terrfifc job on this latest version of a great aircraft. I really like the VC night lighting and new added goodies.

I just am in the process of changing over my repaints from V3.12 to this latest and greatest 3.14 version. I discovered the top tailfin rotating red beacon light is gone on all models in V3.14, but on some repaints the section where the tailfin top rotating red beacon light was originally present is not painted over but there is a 'blank' unpainted spot in it's former location - is there any way to fix this and add this rotating light back, or ?

Thank-you, any help would be much appreciated.
    MZ
    Last edited by MZee1960; February 23rd, 2017 at 20:45.

THANKS!!! Fantastic - night flying here I come!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi Guys !

A terrfifc job on this latest version of a great aircraft. I really like the VC night lighting and new added goodies.

I just am in the process of changing over my repaints from V3.12 to this latest and greatest 3.14 version. I discovered the top tailfin rotating red beacon light is gone on all models in V3.14, but on some repaints the section where the tailfin top rotating red beacon light was originally present is not painted over but there is a 'blank' unpainted spot in it's former location - is there any way to fix this and add this rotating light back, or ?

Thank-you, any help would be much appreciated.
    MZ
    OK, ......... I think I solved the issue.
    I opened the C-47 'aircraft.cfg' file and in the [fltsim.xx] section for the repaints in question I added 'model=C47_2' as this was left blank initially.
    Now things point to the right model and the working red beacon light is back in business.
    Live and learn, I guess .... LOL !

Quote Originally Posted by flyingboxcar View Post
    I also notice the absence of the rotating beacon light on top of the tail, or did I happen to add that to the earlier version with some addon?
    Howard
    Please just go to the aircraft.cfg file, open it up, go to the [fltsim.xx] entry which corresponds to the repaint in question and add where it says 'model=' to make it read 'model=C47_2' . Save the change and done. You will have to do this for all of the affected repaints which you wish to have the red rotating beacon.

The C-47 was made in three exterior models. All three models have been included in V3.14 as part of the downloaded file. You now just have to 'tell' your sim which exterior model you want represented by a specific repaint. The section which points to the models is left blank - so it points to the C47V3_1. By adding 'model=C47_2' you will point that repaint to model C47v3_2. By adding 'model=GAF' you will point that repaint to model C47v3_GAF.

The description and pictures of the three models may be found here (but no need to install this file as it is already a part of your V3.14 download) :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ior-Models-zip

Cheers,
    MZ

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Amazing work, a real labor of love from you guys.

A question. Should I be seeing any smoke during the start up? None in this or the last version at least on my PC.

cheers,

-d
    Yes you should see smoke. This would require the effect file "fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF". There is a separate file for FSX and P3D, hence the FSX and P3D folders in the effects folder.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by flyingboxcar View Post
    I have done just one flight at night so far. The panel lighting is very nice indeed. However, I cant seem to be able to change the frequencies of the Com and Nav radios. I can change the frequency of the ADF ok, but not the others. I know they are working because I can bring up the morse code id of each one. I also notice the absence of the rotating beacon light on top of the tail, or did I happen to add that to the earlier version with some addon?
    Anyhow, thanks for the nice panel lighting.
    Howard

Hi,

The radios need to be switched on for the frequency to change. Each radio has it's own 3 position switch with "Off, On and Ident" All except Comm. 2 are functional.

Regarding the rotating beacon light, please see the post #63 above.

Cheers,
    Last edited by scotth6; February 23rd, 2017 at 23:47.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    For some reason I am not able to remove the chocks. I see the menu for it and select OFF, but they are not going away. NC
    Hi NC,

How are you beginning your flight? Are you using the Cold and dark toggle and starting it from there using the checklist? Are the chocks visible as soon as the aircraft is loaded?

This seems like a strange one. There were some issues with the chocks during testing, but I'm pretty sure they were resolved. I am not seeing any issues with the release version. Make sure you have removed the entire folder for any older versions of the aircraft from your Simobjects/Airplanes folder. Also make sure to overwrite any existing files when adding the new version.

I do not see any chocks unless I switch them on manually in the monitor window (Shift+4). I can switch them on and off and they appear or disappear as intended.

Cheers,

Scotth6,
    Thanks for the reply. Oh, now I get it. I had to add the line to the cfg file and now I have the beacon light. Radios work too. I notice that the switch on the Pilots overhead panel called Cockpit Lights does not work. Does yours? The new red and fluorescent lighting looks great.
    Thanks
    Howard

Special "cutie" picture ...

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Thanks to all the team involved and who worked so hard to make this aircraft come alive. Well done and I am appreciative of some of the problems that would need to be solved to get to this going. Excellent. Pride of place in my FSX Hangar.

Now a quick question. I am aware this is still a Beta. On my FSXA I seem to have a conflict withe camera views overriding the normal view selection menu keys F9, F10, F11 and F12. On load I get the VC but selection of the other F keys normally controlling the external view (locked spot) and map are overridden and view selection is internal only. I seemed to have had this particular issue with the previous version so I can substitute other views into the config but I am curious as to why this is happening?

I have also noted that I have lost the on screen display for certain parameters, brakes on/off, stall, overspeed etc even though they are selected in the display and control menu for FSX. Any thoughts on this that is are they related?

Sorry for hijacking, but it seems that in the new version the small exhaust flames have disappeared.....
    Have installed the effect files in the correct folder and everything else works perfectly. Any ideas?
    Thank you
    Roland

Magnificent! I really enjoy night flying in FS, so the red/florescent panel lighting is a very welcome addition.

Quick question to some of the repainters around here - didn't someone do an Allegheny Airlines repaint for this bird? I checked the SOH library and all the usual sources, but came up with nothing other than a paint for the old MAAM DC-3. My memory must be failing me..

Thanks again for this great gift to the community.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Now a quick question. I am aware this is still a Beta. On my FSXA I seem to have a conflict withe camera views overriding the normal view selection menu keys F9, F10, F11 and F12. On load I get the VC but selection of the other F keys normally controlling the external view (locked spot) and map are overridden and view selection is internal only. I seemed to have had this particular issue with the previous version so I can substitute other views into the config but I am curious as to why this is happening?

I have also noted that I have lost the on screen display for certain parameters, brakes on/off, stall, overspeed etc even though they are selected in the display and control menu for FSX. Any thoughts on this that is are they related?
    Hello,

My guess is that any camera views added to an aircraft.cfg file override those in the master camera.cfg file.
    The camera views are a matter of choice, I think.
    I have EZDock2 to move my view to exactly where I want it and choose to delete all the camera view entries from the aircraft.cfg file.
    You might choose to do something similar.

I can't think that the aircraft model can have anything to do with the on screen messages, which are controlled by the fsx.cfg file.
    You might review the settings in that.
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks to all involved in this update. I love the night lighting and the new checklist is a definite improvement.

This thread seems to be turning into a feedback thread, so I'd like to add mine. I hope that fixing the altimeter is on the list for the final update. Although the knob does change the reading, the displayed numbers do not match the correct pressure. It would be nice to be able to set the barometer without pressing the B key. Also, the numbers in the Kollsman window are slightly cut off by the right edge. I gave similar feedback for the first beta version and I got a response that the altimeter was proving difficult. I hope the team can be successful for the next update.

Thanks.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by rolandalder View Post
    Sorry for hijacking, but it seems that in the new version the small exhaust flames have disappeared.....
    Have installed the effect files in the correct folder and everything else works perfectly. Any ideas?
    Thank you
    Roland
    Sorry, forgot about David Robles smoke effects I had installed with v2. Have added the additional entries in the aircraft.cfg and all's well now, exhaust flames are back.

Members who have read this thread: 2