Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 released !

Thanks alot DDW - fantastic work

Dirk

An excellent update to what is already unquestionably the finest model of the Douglas DC-3 ever done for a flight simulator bar none!! Many thanks to all involved in producing this masterpiece, truly a work of art!
    Cheers

The Old Master Sergeant

Magnificent work from all concerned I notice that the anti-collision light switch is inoperable.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Head up on engine start

If you're having trouble starting the aircraft double check that both fuel selectors are on a full tank.

A couple of us discovered that we were left clicking on the right main tank in the Monitor Panel, and then left clicking on the left main tank...which deselected the right tank, leaving the fuel off.

Using the proper #2 then #1 start sequence, therefore, meant we were trying to start an engine with no fuel source.

The right click means right engine, left click mean left engine concept is actually quite slick when selecting fuel tanks in the Monitor Panel. As long as you remember the convention.
    Last edited by tailspin45; February 21st, 2017 at 14:29.

Repaints

Hello,

Where i can find repaints for the Douglas DC-3 Skytrain? . Thanks

Real

Here is a link to the repaints for the last version.Read the manual and the readme and adjust accordingly.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ighlight=javis

Cheers Chris

Jan et al-

MANY, MANY THANKS! The far reaches of the old world await....

C

SOH-CM-2020
    Magnificent

Thank you to all who helped make this beauty.

Pete.

Absolutely incredible. Hard to believe this project could be improved upon but there it is! The ambience in the VC is now more addictive than ever, not to mention the many other tasteful improvements. A heartfelt thanks everyone involved in producing this superb gift to the community; it truly is a one of a kind labour of love.

One thing...I really like the default VC textures in this version and intend to make this my main VC. But should one decide to add one or more of the other terrific VC textures produced for v3.12,
    how exactly would one go about merging such alternate textures within the latest VC, while keeping all the bells, whistles and lights? A quick tutorial on this would be appreciated, perhaps including a list of texture files that need to be copied from A to B together with identification of any possible conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    i have test with a fresh download now,load the default flight and change to c47.........chokes remove,also parajump work(p3dv3,i have not install parajumpeffect)
    remove chockes shift 4 panel misc chockes off remove them......
    Thanks for looking into my issue Banjoman!

Must be something wrong with my procedure then, I can't make parachuting work in neither P3D nor FSX. Not a big deal, but still odd.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    how exactly would one go about merging such alternate textures within the latest VC, while keeping all the bells, whistles and lights? A quick tutorial on this would be appreciated, perhaps including a list of texture files that need to be copied from A to B together with identification of any possible conflicts.
    Files:
    Eleven files, vvc_1.dds to vvc_11.dds.
    panel_1a.dds and panel_2a.dds
    Four files with the word padding in the file name.
    A noseout.dds file to match the repaint's nose colour.

To add the textures to a repaint there are two choices.

1. Copy the preferred VC textures into the repaint's folder.

2. Put the preferred VC textures into a folder of their own and give it a name,
    for example texture.myfavouriteVC.
    Then go to your chosen repaint texture folder and edit the texture.cfg file like this:

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture.myfavouriteVC
    fallback.2=..\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\texture
    fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Just as it always has been.
    Regards,
    Nick

This is a hell of a plane ! Great job gents !
    Being myself in mission building and making similar things in missions,
    I greatly appreciate - apart of all other stuff - the interactive co-pilot !...

I wish I could have such a feature in two sitter planes (like F-4 or F-14) for the additional
    immersion.
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Files:
    Eleven files, vvc_1.dds to vvc_11.dds.
    panel_1a.dds and panel_2a.dds
    Four files with the word padding in the file name.
    A noseout.dds file to match the repaint's nose colour.

To add the textures to a repaint there are two choices.

1. Copy the preferred VC textures into the repaint's folder.

2. Put the preferred VC textures into a folder of their own and give it a name,
    for example texture.myfavouriteVC.
    Then go to your chosen repaint texture folder and edit the texture.cfg file like this:

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture.myfavouriteVC
    fallback.2=..\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\texture
    fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Just as it always has been.
    Nick, thanks for your reply. I remain a little unclear on the following:

There are now actually 30 files in the default v3.14 texture folder containing 'vvc.' The 11 you have identified and others that contain 'vvc' and also include 'LM' 'spec' and 'bump' terminology.
    Are these other files also to be copied to the target folder?

Similarly, the 'padding' and 'panel' files you identify also appear to have related files containing LM, spec and bump .dds'. What is to be done with those, if anything?

I note that apart from the files you identify, others exist with the 'LM' terminology, which, if I'm not mistaken, deal with light maps? Should these also be copied to target folder (i.e.,gaugestest_01_LM.dds, metal_LM.dds) ?

Finally, in respect to your method 2., I note that the naming convention of the texture.cfg file now included in the the default livery EATS_315221 contains only three lines:
    [fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    Whereas your example indicates 4 lines. Is this of any significance?

Just want to be sure I do all this correctly so as not to muck up such a fine piece of work, and unfortunately I only have limited knowledge of these details.

Hello again.

Without launching into a detailed explanation of how these things work,
    if you just follow the advice given, you will see the textures that you want to.
    Regards,
    Nick

Amazing work, a real labor of love from you guys.

A question. Should I be seeing any smoke during the start up? None in this or the last version at least on my PC.

cheers,

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

[QUOTE=ncooper;1068925]Hello again.<br>
    <br>
    Without launching into a detailed explanation of how these things work,<br>
    if you just follow the advice given, you will see the textures that you want to.[/QUOTE

Unfortunately didn't work for me Nick. Followed your instructions to the letter and all I managed to do was bugger up the alternate VC textures, in my attempt to marry GMAN's fabulous 'texture.blackint' VC with the Miss Virginia repaint. Many of GMAN's files were overwritten using the process you described and I guess this caused the texture anomalies. Fortunately I backed everything up. No worries, totally ok flying the new default VC for a while until a solution is at hand. Appreciate your willingness to assist nonetheless.

As you wish.
    With all due respect, if you had followed the advice to the letter, you would have the textures you wanted.
    The solution is there, if you are unable to apply it, that is a different matter.

I expect that you copied some aircraft textures over Gordon's, which is not what my post says to do.
    It does say that the VC files can be copied into any repaint's folder, in which case they cannot be overwritten.
    If anything, they will overwrite, which is what you want them to do.

As you will see below, there is no need to copy over any files.

In the specific case of the texture.blackint folder:

1. Copy the texture.blackint folder into SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14

2. In the repaint folder of the aircraft that you wish to add these textures to, open the texture.cfg file
    in that folder and copy all of the following text over all of the text in the texture.cfg file.
    Save it.

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture.blackint
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

In this specific case, there are only three lines because Gordon has been kind enough to add all the required textures
    to the texture.blackint folder.
    He was also kind enough to include a very good readme file in the aircraft download which also explains how to
    add his VC textures to any repaint.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    As you wish.
    With all due respect, if you had followed the advice to the letter, you would have the textures you wanted.
    The solution is there, if you are unable to apply it, that is a different matter.

I expect that you copied some aircraft textures over Gordon's, which is not what my post says to do.
    It does say that the VC files can be copied into any repaint's folder, in which case they cannot be overwritten.
    If anything, they will overwrite, which is what you want them to do.

As you will see below, there is no need to copy over any files.

In the specific case of the texture.blackint folder:

1. Copy the texture.blackint folder into SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14

2. In the repaint folder of the aircraft that you wish to add these textures to, open the texture.cfg file
    in that folder and copy all of the following text over all of the text in the texture.cfg file.
    Save it.

[fltsim]
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

In this specific case, there are only three lines because Gordon has been kind enough to add all the required textures
    to the texture.blackint folder.
    He was also kind enough to include a very good readme file in the aircraft download which also explains how to
    add his VC textures to any repaint.
    Your specific suggestions as to Gordon's texture.blackint example is precisely how I went about this even prior to requesting help here. I repeated your advice just now and the results remain the same...missing textures on the seats, seat backs and armrests, and the fluorescent light/gauge effects are not functional. The red light glow switch does work however, and all other VC textures appear to display correctly.

I agree, GMAN wrote a comprehensive readme as to how to add his VC textures to other repaints and the method worked perfectly for me in 3.12. Following these instructions now, together with your suggestions thus far, do not work for me in v3.14 and still yield the above anomalies. It's possible that Gordon's specific VC example requires something else to be done for proper function, or there is simply something wrong with my installation.

I'm content to let the matter rest, as I don't want this thread to focus on an issue that has nothing to do with the core functionality of this fine update. Perhaps a separate thread would be more appropriate.

I think this may be because it appears the old light brown leather seats have been replaced by the ordinary dark brown ones in this new version.
    I would dearly love to know what the name of that texture file was in the last version so I can reuse it.
    Cheers Chris

Try this

[fltsim]
    fallback.2=..\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e
    Last edited by ncooper; February 22nd, 2017 at 13:44.
    Regards,
    Nick

Success! Thanks Nick, that did the trick. Seats are textured once again and fluorescent effects now work. I'm not sure I even want to know why this works from the revised fallback structure, just pleased that it does. Gordon's VC is simply too good to abandon.

Good news, it is only what the original guide said to do.
    Regards,
    Nick

Indeed it is. I now see where I went wrong with my misinterpretation in copying files and appreciate your patience in clarifying further.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Amazing work, a real labor of love from you guys.

A question. Should I be seeing any smoke during the start up? None in this or the last version at least on my PC.

cheers,

-d

yes,

in the planefolder is a effectfolder,there are all you need
    you need to copy the right files in maineffectsfolder from the sim,fsx and p3d are different.......take the right one!

cheers

Members who have read this thread: 2