Control stick and throttle

Thread: Control stick and throttle

Control stick and throttle

Hello fellow simmers,

Recently bought the JF Hunter and will be getting in line to purchase the "Tiffy" from AH when the time comes.

Keen to purchase a Control stick and separate Throttle to complete the immersion. Looking for some thoughts and comments as to what the rest of you are running and having success with.

Working budget approx. $200 - $300 with several credits stored in the "anything you need done today honey" acct and a birthday coming up next month !!

PS - did look at the latest Thrustmaster Hotas T16000 Controller etc, but I'm finding the reviews all over the place ( price is right ) ..... just not sure ??

Cheers for now

You are going to hear a variety of responses. Personally, I've used Saitek stuff for years and got lucky by getting an X55 before the MadCatz quality control era. I think they are getting better lately though.

From what I understand, many people like the Thrustmaster series, especially the sticks that are all metal.

Both sides of the fence will have the occasional issue like a bad pot or switch. I hope to stay with Saitek sticks in the future, since they have so many switches and such. I like the split throttle of the X-55/56 also.

Anyways, I'm sure that others will chime in. If you have any questions I can help answer about the X-55, feel free to PM me.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Hello fellow simmers,

Recently bought the JF Hunter and will be getting in line to purchase the "Tiffy" from AH when the time comes.

Keen to purchase a Control stick and separate Throttle to complete the immersion. Looking for some thoughts and comments as to what the rest of you are running and having success with.

Working budget approx. $200 - $300 with several credits stored in the "anything you need done today honey" acct and a birthday coming up next month !!

PS - did look at the latest Thrustmaster Hotas T16000 Controller etc, but I'm finding the reviews all over the place ( price is right ) ..... just not sure ??

Cheers for now
    I have the thrustmaster and love it. Have had it for 3 plus years with no problems

I use one or two (depending on the aircraft) Saitek throttle quadrants and a Thrustmaster Warthog. When I'm not too lazy I unplug the Warthog and use a CH control wheel instead, again, depending on the aircraft.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I was very happy with my X-55 but right at the two year mark it began to fail. Mad Catz agreed to replace it but they gave me a brand new X-56 which IMHO is less refined than the X-55 I had. So far it's working okay BUT I'm not convinced it will last. If it does fail prematurely, I may push Logitech to replace it with a newer unit as they are supposedly under new QC standards now. If not, I'm not sure if I'm going to swallow buying a TM Warthog but it's on the table.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Hello fellow simmers,

Keen to purchase a Control stick and separate Throttle to complete the immersion.
    If you really want to improve the immersion, get a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick and use it with the FS Force commercial add-on software. Although the stick has been out of production for some years now they still come up regularly on eBay and similar websites. The quality of construction is such that they go on for years. They're plug & play in all recent versions of Windows and don't need special drivers. Not only do you get convincing force feedback but you even get "real" stick trim - when you move the trimwheel, the stick datum physically moves to trim out the forces! With FS Force, there are presets but everything is fully adjustable. I use my FF2 stick with a Saitek throttle quadrant.

If the throttle wasn't rather flimsy and the trigger had a better pressure point, the TM 16000M would be the perfect stick for little money. Too bad there isn't much of a (if any) throttle controller option for around 50€ to complement it.

Members who have read this thread: 0