Alphasim Releaseing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alphasim Releaseing

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar

Alphasim Releaseing

Theres several models up at Avsim from Alphasim. Just a Notam:ernae:

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Thanks for the HU mate, already bought most of them. The Tu16 and MiG 25 are nice models.

Steve

S
    Pretty sweet, downloaded the MiG 25. Time to try out Pierre Lheureux' repaints for it!

Here is the list and links to Avsim. These link to an individual page for the aircraft. You have to be logged in.

I also uploaded them here at Sim-Outhouse. They should be available later under "Alphaoldies".

Each is complete and includes several models and textures sets plus panels and gauges. A couple include sound sets.

ALPHA Constellation Set
    http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...on_Set_FS9.zip

ALPHA F-80 Shooting Star

Hmmm, theres one missing ?, the C-141 should be there as well, will check and see where it went.

Best

Michael

Thank you Frank, and thanks to Alphasim!

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Thank you Alphasim !!!!!!!!

Yes, TY Alpha. :ernae:
    LouP

Much appreciated! Thanks guys!!

Thanks to fsafranek you can find them here as well:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...me=AlphaOldies

And now I have to fly the Beaufort :d

Huub

And the F-111 is back in the "store", if you've been wanting to get it.

Thanks, AlphaSim!:ernae: I already have most of them and plenty of repaints, but now I can look forward to new skins.

Bob
    CPU: Intel i7-5960X OC 4.5
    MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2800
    GPU: Asus STRIX GeForce GTX980
    PSU: SeaSonic X850
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (FS9)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (FSX)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    HDD: WD 7200 Black 1TB
    CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white)
    CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Much appreciated! Thanks guys!!

Thanks to fsafranek you can find them here as well:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...me=AlphaOldies

And now I have to fly the Beaufort :d

Huub
    Aah, I see you are a Beaufort fan as well, Huub. One of my all-time favourites there as well. Can't wait to do some paints for it.

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

Just picked up the F-80 which was one model I never had from AS and I'm very pleased to have it !

Thank you to all the developers of this model.

One thing I noticed and was extra pleased with, was the fact that unlike ALL the flight models from Shane, (this one being one of Jay's) the aircraft will follow the ILS glide slope right down to the ground like it's on rails.
    Seems that ALL of Shane's flight models lose the glide slope at 4 miles out and start porpoising up and down and will crash if you don't disengage the auto-pilot.
    I've mentioned this more times than I can count, but nothing has been done.
    Not worth the time to correct? :ques:
    I'm SURE that it must be in the template he uses for all his flight models, because they ALL have the same exact characteristic.

Oh well, maybe Jay will take pity on me and figure out what is different from his .air files and Shane's so they can be adjusted?
    Lightning -=BS=-CO [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Hmmm, theres one missing ?, the C-141 should be there as well, will check and see where it went.

Best

Michael
    Dang. My titles in the catalog get fewer and fewer.
    :ernae:

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by nazca_stevw View Post
    Aah, I see you are a Beaufort fan as well, Huub. One of my all-time favourites there as well. Can't wait to do some paints for it.
    I have the paint kit for it if you need it. just drop me an email addy by pm and i'll send it your way.

Steve

Any paints available for the F-80?
    Can't find any so far

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Dang. My titles in the catalog get fewer and fewer.
    I think thats the general idea LOL, certainly seems that way recently, didnt know you did the C-141 textures ?, mind dont know what day it is today so something four years ago is a lost hope .

Phil asked if he could send the C-141 up as well, said yes but it isnt there ?, ohh well maybe next time around.

Best

Michael

Thanks guys.

Great stuff, have a few already, infact been adding A2A 3D lights to my Belfast the last couple of days, hit a few bumps, but got it sorted now. You may have noticed her in some of the pics in the refuelling thread. I've not bought much payware recently, but have spent a lot on AS products prior to the slowdown. So these are very much welcome, thank you.

Jamie

PS. Michael, now you've brought it up, you realise no one will buy it now knowing that, be as well getting her out now, lol. BTW, I don't need her.

I think thats the general idea LOL, certainly seems that way recently, didnt know you did the C-141 textures ?, mind dont know what day it is today so something four years ago is a lost hope .
    I did the original "B" model and then you shortened it to the "A" model IIRC.

Phil asked if he could send the C-141 up as well, said yes but it isnt there ?, ohh well maybe next time around.

Best

Michael
    Hence my quote
    "Thank you to all the developers of this model."

People have to realize, most, if not ALL of these models didn't belong to AlphaSim.
    They were, and are primarily the intellectual property of those involved in the original development.
    They are the ones no longer getting royalties.
    They are the ones who we owe our gratitude to.

Thanks guys.
    Much appreciated ! :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I did the original "B" model and then you shortened it to the "A" model IIRC.
    Really ?, I honestly cant remember, I do remember doing a new air drop animated model that took ages to get included in the package and I worked closely with a guy who made all sorts of specific panels in the VC that needed click spots, that one was never added in either, only existed here and on the other guys PC, think his name was Presley ?, Cliff Presley, used to hang out here before some sort of upset, anyway it was a good set of 2D and VC hot spot panels, radios, systems and fuel panels.

Best

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Thanks guys.

Great stuff, have a few already, infact been adding A2A 3D lights to my Belfast the last couple of days, hit a few bumps, but got it sorted now. You may have noticed her in some of the pics in the refuelling thread. I've not bought much payware recently, but have spent a lot on AS products prior to the slowdown. So these are very much welcome, thank you.

Jamie

PS. Michael, now you've brought it up, you realise no one will buy it now knowing that, be as well getting her out now, lol. BTW, I don't need her.
    Maybe, but no one is buying it now, thats why its up for freeware release, I think the criteria is two or three months with no sales or something ?. Shame as I was going to throw the Gmax source out with as well, might throw the Connie Gmax out as well shortly, really cant see the need to keep them locked up when the whole model is now freeware, some of them would make very good AI models to populate the virtual skies.

Best

Michael

Michael,

funny, I had been eyeing her up for that very purpose (AI), was very close to buying her about a month ago, decided against it, it was the price that got my attention, but realised I would hardly get the good of her, not my cuppa. If she was free, yeah, I'd probably download her, but doubt if I'd use her, so ignore me on that.

As for 'throwing out' the source files, if you mean bin them, I implore you not to. There are other sims like CFS2 that some talented individual could do some work on. these older FS9 titles are ideal for a sim like CFS2, with the source files there could be a real CFS2 version against a conversion. Also, somebody could use them to learn with if it inspires them. Me, myself have been slowly learning FSDS to convert some FS9 to CFS2, it was exactly that that got me into learning modelling. While Gmax is not my chosen media, it may be for some other budding modeller.

I think you get my drift.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Michael,

funny, I had been eyeing her up for that very purpose (AI), was very close to buying her about a month ago, decided against it, it was the price that got my attention, but realised I would hardly get the good of her, not my cuppa. If she was free, yeah, I'd probably download her, but doubt if I'd use her, so ignore me on that.

As for 'throwing out' the source files, if you mean bin them, I implore you not to. There are other sims like CFS2 that some talented individual could do some work on. these older FS9 titles are ideal for a sim like CFS2, with the source files there could be a real CFS2 version against a conversion. Also, somebody could use them to learn with if it inspires them. Me, myself have been slowly learning FSDS to convert some FS9 to CFS2, it was exactly that that got me into learning modelling. While Gmax is not my chosen media, it may be for some other budding modeller.

I think you get my drift.
    Jamie
    When I say 'throw out' I mean http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...read.php?t=560

Does that make more sense ?. Just checking back through all my files I seem to be missing 2005, not good as that was a rather productive year for meshes.

Best

Michael

Michael,

Yeah, I saw your thread earlier and downloaded all of them for prosterity, maybe one day I'll progress to GMax. I just thought I'd check, I didn't want to see them go to waste, would've been a pity. Whilst I can't use your source codes, I salute you for sharing them.

Some of my favourite planes are by AS, and there may be a good chance you had a hand (or more) in them, I thank you.

I've been trying to take note of where the AS designers go after release, be assured I'll find out that if they made something I liked, I'll follow them. :d

Jamie

Members who have read this thread: 1