NEW (Apparently) from Kazunori Ito - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW (Apparently) from Kazunori Ito

Lights..Action

Yep. I forgot to repositon the lights..sorry about that. Well as I said it is 'hot' so use of spoiler is needed. And as far as taxi speed: use reverse thrust. Tap the F2 key several times AND brake. With TAP (1 time when you find the 'sweet' (neutral) spot) of F2 and F3 you can play one against the other and taxi at 12 kts. On turn tap F3. To park tap F2 to -20 reverse (throttle %) to 'hold' even without parking brake. I know, it's bogus, but that is how I 'cope' with these turbos as I don't 'do' conditioner (is not in panel I use). I will 'try' to make a piston FDE tonight. No promises as I want 460 kts speed. The prior (noisy) FDE air file was from the F-84H (Thunderscreech) by Kaz Ito. The latest FDE air file came from an Antonov AN-32 by Tim 'Piglet' Conrad. Repaints? I do do repaints - sorry. I am a mechanic not an artist (hehe).
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2024

Try This, Guys...

Well, I did the best I could with the info available (and a few guess-timates). A piston engined FDE set for everybody to play with. On the ground, the brakes work, and she sits still at idle, but you can still spill it if you're taxiing too fast and cut the wheel too hard. In the air, 325 kts on the deck, 415 kts at altitude (21000-26000 ft.), which turns out to be what the sparse info that I could find for it said it should be. It's not the most maneuverable bird out there, but it doesn't do too bad. The flaps wouldn't do anything for me except slow the aircraft down, but at least they do that... For landing, make sure to keep her at about 140 kts over the fence- any less and it will fall like a stone!

Just rename the file to its original .zip file name and extract the files- included is a copy of the info I could find for it.

Have fun! -Mike Z.
    Attached Files Attached Files

FDEs

Mike,
    You don't mind if I tweak the cfg and air so it don't 'drop like a brick' do you? I got 12 years of working on flight dynamics. Perhaps I can find and fix what is not right. No luck involved. Either I see it and can change, then test, or I leave it alone. Some stuff interacts so that has to work too. How's that? I would then do what you did - attach to post. And you can look at the cnt pts from my cfg's and try those. But...you also have to set the Ref Datum and C of G to what I have or the cnt pts, balance, lights and views (and handling / taxi / etc) will be off. OK? OK! I'll get on it tonight. Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2024
    Sure, Chuck- have at it! Take her for a spin, and see what I tweaked, and see what it will do for you... I tried to play it sort of straight, especially with wing and surface areas, as best I could... I think that's where the high landing speed comes from...

Enjoy! - Mike Z.

The livery displayed in my pics is ready to zip up and load into the SOH downloads section. No one has requested the paint kit so that won't be uploaded. The zip will contain only those textures that I changed so the original prop texture is not included so hang onto the one in the original aircraft download. This is only the livery, not the full airplane so you must get that from flightsim.com. Also, the FDE is still being worked on, watch this thread to see when it's completed.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members +
    Thanks, looking forward to the paint. (maybe a Red Bull paint?)

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Thanks, looking forward to the paint. (maybe a Red Bull paint?)
    No It's just the one livery shown in my pics in this thread. I won't be doing any others.

Current System Specs:

One thing to remember, especially for those who have repainting skills but have not done work with Ito Sans textures. . .his material settings do not allow for a shine to be applied via an alpha. If you try, you'll see that the aircraft becomes transparent. For my part, I am unaware of any way to get around that short of modifying the mdl file which Mr Ito will not release. Just a HU.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2024

Akita Koukyou Liveries

Nice paint job, Ed! Come to think of it, I might as well ask for a copy of your paint kit- eventually I may want to have at this thing! In my head I keep seeing this plane in one of those natural metal late war schemes...

-Mike Z.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    Nice paint job, Ed! Come to think of it, I might as well ask for a copy of your paint kit- eventually I may want to have at this thing! In my head I keep seeing this plane in one of those natural metal late war schemes...

-Mike Z.
    Sure thing Mike. Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop?

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2024
    Paint Shop Pro, sir! Many thanks!

Current System Specs:

Day Off

MikeZ,
    (Why do I get an urge to say MaZola? (hehe)). I decided to take a day off. So haven't done anything with piston version or your fdes. Real life got in the way too. AND O.K. Daley put out new FDEs for his Porsche 917 Prototype C for 'LeMans 4 FSX' (his scenery - payware). So I had to test drive that at the Le Mans Track. No comment - I reserve the right to remain silent (hehe). Ah, me....FDEs...FDEs - never get done! I think I'll go paint with my acrylics on glossy paper. I'm OUT.
    Chuck B
    Napamule

Another new plane from Kazunori Ito

On simviation, Kazunori has released the Miles M.39B Libellula, also in jet power.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    On simviation, Kazunori has released the Miles M.39B Libellula, also in jet power.
    Yes, Kazunori is not FDE knowledgeable and so he has a selection of FDE's from previous work that he selects from. Whatever comes the closest gets included with the release. Case in point, the "Akita". . .when I looked closely at the included FDE I found it was the same one that had been included in his McDonnell XP-67 (BAT), which goes back about 8 years. While I can't say this is always the case, usually, if one of his airplanes is found to be especially popular then someone will pick it up and tweak the FDE to get it close to where it actually should be. . .maybe the Libellula will be one of those.

Current System Specs:

I've always taken FDE's from other aircraft and then modified them for use with his aircraft. Which I don't offer as a complaint because he makes all kinds of add ons that nobody else would, with the possible exception of Piglet (Long gone from FS) and Milton.

Members who have read this thread: 1