64 bit PD3 may be coming soon

Thread: 64 bit PD3 may be coming soon

Blog Entries

64 bit PD3 may be coming soon

I got this off of a PD3 Facebook page. According to the post PD3 V4 which is 64 bit is in Beta and should be released sometime this year.

It will be nice if this is true. Maybe those VAS errors will become a thing of the past?

https://fselite.net/news/prepar3d-v4...eleasing-soon/
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I am dying to see what V4 does to all the payware sceneries out there. For me, the decision if/when to move will be the textbook definition of a cost-benefit analysis.

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    I am dying to see what V4 does to all the payware sceneries out there. For me, the decision if/when to move will be the textbook definition of a cost-benefit analysis.
    This is a good point, but not one that will stop me from going to 64 bit. I would hope/expect that Orbx etc, would create a tool to migrate. I wont go buy another fortunes worth of new scenery for the upgrade.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/129935-will-orbx-products-work-if-p3d-goes-dx12-64-bit

According to JV just an objectflow update. Knock on wood, that means OrbX for P3D 4 is a freebie!

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/129935-will-orbx-products-work-if-p3d-goes-dx12-64-bit

According to JV just an objectflow update. Knock on wood, that means OrbX for P3D 4 is a freebie!
    No, it's not;

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...omment=1139155
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Rimshot View Post
    ...but then again who knows ? Further down on that thread....to quote Mr Venema...

"Some very welcome news about moving your Orbx investment to P3D v4 is coming. Let me just say you will all be very pleased."

JV also says:

"FTX Central v3.1 has already been updated to cater for P3D v4.x"

I can't help thinking if they've bothered to do that P3D v4 can't be far off at all...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I figure that what is said ( by JV ) in February over rides what is said in December.

John Venema

• Orbx CEO
    • Administrators
    • 23,280 posts
    • Order #:Staff

ID: 1 Posted 9 hours ago

Hi all,

There's been a bunch of speculation about our pricing policy for the next version of P3D, likely based on my previous posts back in December.

Let me clarify: we will NOT be charging anything for our products for the next version of P3D. They will be 100% free to use on the new platform. Better still, through the magic of FTXCv3 you won't even need to re-download them.

Please do NOT ask me or any member of the Orbx team about any tech details about any new P3D releases from LM, or why we can make this zero-cost promise. We are under NDA and we will not be pressed into talking about it for obvious reasons. If and when LM give us permission to discuss things publicly then we'll do so.

I just wanted to reassure those with a sizeable investment in Orbx products for P3D that you won't be asked a penny more to upgrade.

Great news! That made my day.
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    It won't do anything as they will all work perfectly in a 64bit environment

Members who have read this thread: 0