Who said the era of Flying Boats is over? Not the Chinese

Thread: Who said the era of Flying Boats is over? Not the Chinese

Who said the era of Flying Boats is over? Not the Chinese

Just when you thought nobody would do a flying boat ever again The AG600 designed and built in China is 53 tons of Amphibian, yep Amphibian ready to go 2017. I will watch this one with interest, fascinating. Will it find its way into FSX?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FOREIGN201702151007000565025899534.jpg  

They have to have some way to bring stores into, or remove personnel out of, the disputed islands if Donald ever bombs them!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

A related story from 2015...

http://fireaviation.com/2015/05/24/c...us-air-tanker/

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Add an interesting flavour to the mix , a dedicated water bomber with a performance .. be ideal , be funny to see western go to China for a design (albeit so closely copied) to do this task.

Very interesting. It closely resembles the Shin Meiwa US-1A with some parts of it's structure being almost identical.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apparently they have orders for 12 so far, that is a Squadron, I would agree, insurance if the Sprately runways get damaged but they would be a sitting duck for any fighter or missile.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Very interesting. It closely resembles the Shin Meiwa US-1A with some parts of it's structure being almost identical.
    A 'Chinese' copy perhaps?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I read THe Demon haunted world by Carl Sagan...It's a very interesting book. The human eye see what your mind want to see.
    They are both Flying boats. Pal, the era when China copy all ended. Well you can argue that both have a fuselage, two wings, Propellers...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Add an interesting flavour to the mix , a dedicated water bomber with a performance .. be ideal , be funny to see western go to China for a design (albeit so closely copied) to do this task.
    A high degree of any what we consume is done in China. Some techie devices are also designed in China... Trump is a dickhead but he is right about his policy about China. Wild Capitalism gave a lot of power to the 'communist China'. We'll see how this kind of policies have a great impact in the future.

For Water bomber, I prefer the Beriev Be-200. Portugal and Italy tested it successfully but no order were made. Our Canadairs are obsolete (CL215, CL215T).

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    I read THe Demon haunted world by Carl Sagan...It's a very interesting book. The human eye see what your mind want to see.
    They are both Flying boats. Pal, the era when China copy all ended. Well you can argue that both have a fuselage, two wings, Propellers...
    A high degree of any what we consume is done in China. Some techie devices are also designed in China... Trump is a dickhead but he is right about his policy about China. Wild Capitalism gave a lot of power to the 'communist China'. We'll see how this kind of policies have a great impact in the future.
    For Water bomber, I prefer the Beriev Be-200. Portugal and Italy tested it successfully but no order were made. Our Canadairs are obsolete (CL215, CL215T).
    Just a gentle reminder, NO political content allowed.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Agree, If your a flying boat affecionado it is very interesting to see somebody (who cares who) taking a punt with a new transport category aircraft and am amphibian especially of this size and weight, it has been a long time since anybody has been brave enough. I looks like an interesting aircraft, and is not ugly, so if it looks good it will probably fly good. More interesting will somebody have a good at doing this for the sim or not? Probably not alas. Very difficult to get somebody keen enough to do a few of the classics, excepting a few such as Milton and the master Jens Kristensen who did so many fantastic sim models.

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    Lazarus was making a FSX native version of the FS9 Beriev Be-200 Altair by Massimo Taccoli... A WIP version floated around here a year ago, with A321 cockpit... Lazarus, don't give up please!

Scenery: French Polynesia by Flight Sim Jewels

Members who have read this thread: 0