Hey guys. Some of you may remember me and Amanda my daughter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys. Some of you may remember me and Amanda my daughter

Blog Entries

Hey guys. Some of you may remember me and Amanda my daughter

Hey guys.
    Some of you may remember me and Amanda my daughter.
    We are back. Mandy will still be using my log in until she decides to get her own account.
    You may have been wondering why i just stop coming into the forums.
    Well here is why.
    Last year while i was on the road. My daughter and fiancee was at home during a home invasion. Amanda was hurt pretty bad, and spent a week in the hospital.
    My fiancee was not so lucky. She fought off the burglars as best she could trying to protect Amanda and our home. In he process she was shot 5 times. Katie died in route to the hospital.
    I was such an emotional wreck from loosing her, that i stopped playing FSX and even stopped going on the computer. and focused my attention on trying to find the people responsible for killing her. Once they were found and convicted. i turned my attention to work and just ran away burying my feelings in work.
    Amanda convinced me to return to FSX and spend time on the computer talking to her while she is at school. And she let me know it was time to get back to my life.
    So i am back, even though i am still fighting my feelings. No i am not over the loss completely.

Craig.

P.S. I have alot of emails to read and respond to. I will get to them when i am feeling more up to it.
    Sorry to all my friends out here, who i left wondering what had happened to me.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Oh my goodness!

So so sorry. I'll be praying!

Welcome back!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Sorry to hear about your loss, and the rest that happened to those dear to you.

I hope the community here can help you get though this, and life bearable.

Welcome back.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Such a shocking tragedy! Sorry for your loss and glad for your return. Hope your return will be helpful to you and Amanda.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

I am utterly shocked and deeply sorry to read this, Craig. What a horrific act and terrible loss. I am glad you made it back and your daughter is OK.

My thoughts are with you and Amanda.
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Oh, my word! Tears in my eyes, I can't possibly know exactly what you are going through, but I feel for you. Don't know how else to express it. I know that we all want to make it better for you, in thoughts, words, or actions.
    Wishing you nothing but peace, love, and grace.
    Stay Strong.

Craig, I remember you posting in times past and wondered where you had gone. I am terribly sorry for your loss in such a senseless tragedy. I was once an intended victim of a robbery/attack attempt decades ago which I fended off multiple attackers with Deadly Force. It's a part of my past I rarely to never speak of and I was fully cleared in the aftermath but it's something I hope no one ever has to go through.

Keep your chin and and welcome back.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gulp. That was a hard one to read. My thoughts are with you.
    I hope you have friends and family that can help you stay on track in life.
    Loneliness can be so hard in circumstances like the ones you are living.
    Flightsimming helped me a lot after my wife died of ALS, so I think its good you spend a bit of time with this little hobby.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about your loss and I can quite understand why you felt the need to withdraw from the world. I hope both yourself and Amanda can put this horror behind you and move on.
    RIP Katie.

Ian

Darn Craig. What a terrible tragedy. I'm glad that you're back. I hope you and Amanda will find the strenght to carry on and find some happiness again. You and your daughter are in our thoughts.
    Anneke

Glad to see you back in the saddle. Your story is indeed heart wrenching and my deepest condolences to you and your family for not only your loss, but what that tragedy will mean emotionally for many years to come. I hope you are able to once again find solace and comfort in a venue of supporting members and readers.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Craig, my condolences for your tragic loss... But welcome back to SOH. You're among friends here.

Hey Craig,

I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I can't imagine what you must have been through. I am really saddened by the news you have shared.

It really is brave of you to post about your experience here, and I really hope having contact with your friends here in the flight sim community can help you and your daughter heal. My thoughts are with you both.

Cheers,

Scott
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

All my best wishes for you and Amanda and my deepest condolences for the tragical loss that you both have had.

Dirk

Icon9 Reply...

Hi Craig,

I can't express anything new that hasn't already been said, but I'm glad to see you again and hope that the support of the flight sim community may help lift you and Amanda from time to time as you work through this. My condolences on your loss, and best hopes for the future.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

That is absolutely horrible, Craig. Words cannot express my sympathies.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Craig, glad to see you back in the Forum, but after reading what has happened to you this past year I, like so many of us, find it difficult to express anything that feels worthy of the loss you've endured. My condolences of course for the loss of your fiance and at the same time glad that Mandy is doing well. . .and that you feel it's the right time to try to get back some normalcy in your life. All the best to you Craig.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    I don't words that would even come close to expressing what I feel about your loss. I can only begin to imagine what I would feel and do and I thank God it hasn't happened to me. Welcome back Craig! We're here for you Amigo...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Graig,

Good to see you are trying to pick up the old life as far as that is possible. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you must feel. I'm shocked to read what has happened. Welcome back.

Cees

craig,good to see you back in the forums.say hi to Amanda for me and ill get to facebook one of these days,mom had a relapse and im dealing with her now too so i dont have a lot of time...damn it...being sick and tired all the time sucks...

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone. I am back as well as Amanda. Its still a daily fight. But with help from Friends and family. i know we will get thru this.
    Craig.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

I wondered where you had been, Craig. I checked my PMs, and the last message I'd receive from you was las April. Such a horrific story! You are a stronger man than I am. Not sure I could've recovered from such trauma. Glad to hear your daughter is ok. So, so sorry to hear about your fiancée.... Pete

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Very sorry to hear about your loss, and the circumstances are almost beyond belief. I pray for your recovery.

I'm so sorry your loss. As a LEO, I think I know what you feel (no, not really). I think you're strong and a real man, but first, you have a daughter. She's really matters. Be strong for her.
    All my best wishes for you and Amanda and my deepest condolences for the tragical loss that you both have had. I'm so sorry.

Its really sad to hear this Craig, but I'm also happy to see you are back.

Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0