KBT RP-3 v3

Thread: KBT RP-3 v3

KBT RP-3 v3

Does anyone know where I can find the base Model Version 3 of the "Lockheed RP-3 Orion" by Team FS-KBT ? I am assuming it has two models 1 with the Mad Boom and tanks, one without. The model I have only has one model so I do believe it must be an older version. Did a search of the usual places but came up empty.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Manfred

That is the P-3C model, I am looking for the RP-3C, the P-3C does not contain any RP models that I can see. Thanks anyway though.

T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    For the ungrateful.

Out of curiousity I did a google search for "RP-3" and looking at the images that came up the only external difference I could see was the paintjob.

How would you visually identify the "RP" model?

I guess what I'm getting at is for sim purposes a P-3C in orange and white paint seems a pretty fair stand-in for a RP-3C.

PF

Downloaded this repaint "vxs-1__p-3_154589" and it says:

A Texture set for KBT RP-3 v3 (FSX only) ..word wrap for reading clarity..
    A texture set of the Lockheed NP-3 aircraft operated by VXS-1. This paint represents NP-3D, BuNo 154589, for the Naval Research Laboratory as it was in the 1980's and 1990's.
    further:

Place the 'texture.USN_VXSN1_154589' folder in your KBT RP-3_FSX folder.
    You must have the RP-3 model without the mad boom from KBT.
    In the Config it lists 2 Models:

model=RP_no_mad_boom_with_tanks & model=RP_no_mad_boom_no_tank
    I thought I had all the various models of the KBT P-3 so I am on the search to find it.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    For the ungrateful.

Sorry about that T Square.

There was an active thread regarding the Orion. You would have to look through the thread archive and see if the RP-3 is mentioned there. I will have a look when I get home if I have the RP-3.

I have the RP-3D_FSX , the EP-3E_FSX, the WP-3D_FSX, the WP-3D-FSX_NOAA_FSX_2 (An update of the previous listed model), the NP-3D_ORION_FSX, the NP-3D_VXS-1_FSX, the P-3A_Aerostar_AeroUnion_FSX, and the P-3B_AEW, besides the P-3C. I don't know if I'm allowed to send any of them to you or upload them here. I suppose I can try e-mailing them and see if I receive a reply. I listed those so you could search on the file names.

Edit: I can find most of those files online, I don't know if any of them contain the RP-3D without the boom.

Edit 2: There appear to be alot of those filenames with "_V2" added to them, maybe one of those has it?

Edit 3: NP-3D_VXS-1_FSX has the P-3 without the boom. Perhaps the texture will work on that model?

Sundog, you turned n the light.

Your post made me remember where I got all the Orion versions. I am still at work but am using my break time to post this, lol.

KBT provided the link, in a thread in 2014, to the OneDrive where all versions can be found.

Look here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...DFC97064B66EA4

Manfred, thanks for reminding me that they current and up to date stuff is on that link, I only have one problem, Google removes the downloads as infected malware, time after time. I surrendered! Anyway I have the latest Orion Version3.33 so it is ok as far as my Orion fun is concerned. The VC still drives me nuts.

BendyFlyer,

Before downloading the files, do the following in Chrome:

Disable phishing and malware detection

• Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click Show advanced settings and find the "Privacy" section.
    • Deselect the "Enable phishing and malware protection" checkbox.

When done, turn the protection back on.

Manfred thanks, I only use Chrome for somethings and Firefox for a lot of other stuff. Having two is an insurance policy. I'm off to see how it goes.

Members who have read this thread: 1