Another scam?

Thread: Another scam?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Another scam?

I received an "emergency" phone call Friday saying my Microsoft operating system's certificate is expired. Please call this number immediately. A 1-800 number was provided.

anyone else receive a call like this?

No. I haven't heard of this one. I'd say you would be best to just ignore it. Microsoft wouldn't be calling with such information. I'm sure your PC/Windows installation would let you know if a certificate of any importance was expired.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Scam.

Companies like Microsoft will not call contact or notify end users over the phone.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Yes. I had this one recently. Told him it was a pirated copy so
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

LOL

that's funny stuff right there.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Speaking of scams, this one might be worth knowing about as well. Seems there is a revival of the one where someone calls saying they are so-and-so from some company or other and asks if you can hear them alright. The unsuspecting good citizen of course says "yes". The caller then prattles on about anything for a few moments then finds some way to end the call. The surprise comes sometime later when another call comes in to say thank you for buying 'bla-bla' because they have a recording of you saying "yes" authorizing the purchase. I don't know how binding this actually is but it must work to a certain degree because it is making a comeback.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Members who have read this thread: 0