Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Great NEWS!!! Finally someone will do Helldiver (Razbam stopped this project years ago).Im very happy to see it!

Now I came back with this desktop wallpaper ;> :

Last edited by YoYo; February 11th, 2017 at 05:43.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

After getting the sad news of Ickie's passing following his lack of posts here I'm almost afraid to ask, but...
    Has anybody had recent contact with forum member Helldiver? No recent posts since June of last year, if I read his profile right.

Dont know, but he was waiting for any Helldiver model....

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    After getting the sad news of Ickie's passing following his lack of posts here I'm almost afraid to ask, but...
    Has anybody had recent contact with forum member Helldiver? No recent posts since June of last year, if I read his profile right.
    Dont know, but he was waiting for any Helldiver model.... I hope he will see its.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    That's what I say fella's !
    Some people were just plain rude/mean to Helldiver

I hope he is still with us.

WHOHO, looking forward to this one!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Might as well hand my wallet over now.

I've pmed Helldiver with a link to this thread. I hope he gets to see it
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Pretty amazing looking model!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very good news. Having just re-discovered the Vertigo SBD Dauntless just last week and what fun it is to fly, I thought that a Helldiver would be a great aircraft to accompany it, except that there wasn't one for FSX. Now there's one on its way!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Definitely looking forward to this project ! Mike

Wow! That looks very promising! I'm in for it.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

It is great to see a Helldiver in development for FSX! I am curious however about why there is a shaded line/ridge on the fuselage, running below the port-side cockpit section, as well as what looks to be a shorter ridge around the same area on the starboard-side(?).

Hi John,

There isn't a ridge there, it's just the render engine picking up the edge of the internal cockpit wall - doesn'r show in the sim.

I hope it'll join the Javelin on my shopping list. Great choice of subject, A.H.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    From his profile, he last visited in October.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Good to know, Bazz, thank you! I have been around a few different Helldiver restorations (though a -5, -3 and -1A), so this will be a definite must have. Although for many, many years now, there has only been the one airworthy/flying Helldiver (the SB2C-5 operated by the Commemorative Air Force), there are three more Helldiver restorations, in advanced state, which be airworthy/flown when completed - an SB2C-5 owned/under restoration by Fagen Fighters, a SB2C-1A owned by Jim Slattery/under restoration by Vulture's Row Aviation, and a SB2C-3 owned/under restoration by the Yanks Air Museum. Very likely the first of the current restorations to fly will be the Jim Slattery SB2C-1A (unique for its level of absolute authenticity in restoration, and for all of the mixture of early and post-production mod items that make it quite different to the later production variants).

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Roger, I shoulda thought of that last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Good to know, Bazz, thank you! I have been around a few different Helldiver restorations (though a -5, -3 and -1A), so this will be a definite must have. Although for many, many years now, there has only been the one airworthy/flying Helldiver (the SB2C-5 operated by the Commemorative Air Force), there are three more Helldiver restorations, in advanced state, which be airworthy/flown when completed - an SB2C-5 owned/under restoration by Fagen Fighters, a SB2C-1A owned by Jim Slattery/under restoration by Vulture's Row Aviation, and a SB2C-3 owned/under restoration by the Yanks Air Museum. Very likely the first of the current restorations to fly will be the Jim Slattery SB2C-1A (unique for its level of absolute authenticity in restoration, and for all of the mixture of early and post-production mod items that make it quite different to the later production variants).
    I've always resisted doing an SBC2 as I believed them to be a little ugly and ungainly. However since getting into this thing it has really grown on me. I started the Monogram kit a few years back and never finished it for simiar reasons. Maybe I will finish it now! The early Monogram is a fine kit in 1/48. I had a couple of original early kits and one was a builder rather than a keeper so I started to build it up.

On a technical note, the version we are doing is the early -4 without radar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hell1.jpg  

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I thought of him too as soon as I saw this thread....Heck, I'll buy it for him!

Please no one yell at me,but any chance this will be tacpac'd? Or could be by a third party? And,as an after thought,are there any tacpac'd WWII aircraft or weapons yet?

Sorry, no TacPac.

personally I look forward just to flying it. I love your F3F and Electra - can't wait to see this big attack aircraft in FSX..

we've enough old straight deck carriers now to land it on I think
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

This is great news, but I'm a little skeptical about the delivery date in light of the fact that other announced products have yet to be released.

Slated to fly this March
    Not to worry, however. I will definitely buy it and fly it when it does come out.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I thought of him too as soon as I saw this thread....Heck, I'll buy it for him!
    Me as well.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Members who have read this thread: 3