The aeroplane heaven messerschmitt bf 109e and cfs3

Thread: The aeroplane heaven messerschmitt bf 109e and cfs3

The aeroplane heaven messerschmitt bf 109e and cfs3

Afther downloading some of Foute Man's work I came accross this line in one of the included text :
    "There is no owners’ manual but the aeroplane follows all the standard CFS3 protocols and apart form the leading edge slats (D key) everything works with the standard setup."
    How does one know if the edge slats effects are on, and does clrl+D remove the extended slats effect ?

Have you tried just hitting D again? I don't think there'll be any alteration to the flight behaviour unless configured as a flap (F key), whereas D is the bomb door key normally. Bf109 pilots had no control over the leading edge slats, they were automatic and popped out in low speed, high angle of attack situations.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

In the plane folder in which file should I look to check if this feature has been added, and what am I looking for?

Cough cough, D is the spoiler/dive brake toggle... There is a spoiler_limit in the aircraft config - if zero, there are no spoilers available - and I presume the rest is in the .air file
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I was not aware that there were any 109 models in CFS3 with working slats.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Cough cough, D is the spoiler/dive brake toggle... There is a spoiler_limit in the aircraft config - if zero, there are no spoilers available - and I presume the rest is in the .air file
    Had a look in both aircraft config and .air file there is nothing on spoilers (0).

Who could we talk on aeroplane heaven about this note in the fs_bf109e_111v2 folder under docs and pics ? I read that the slats came out automatically on the bf109 so they might not need to be prompted since the plane has been configured this way. I want to know where to look for it in order to add it to other fs_bf109e if absent.

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    In the plane folder in which file should I look to check if this feature has been added, and what am I looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    If it is 'player-selectable' it should be visible in HUD-view: one of the blue strings on the right on your screen gives an divebrakes 'open/close' indication (or something similar) IIRC.
    Being quite unfamiliar with the inner workings of the .air file, it would for me still be the most logical place to search if the rest of the files didn't give any results...

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

I could see a seam in the model so I knew that the slots were there. Adding spoiler_limit = 1 to the [airplane_geometry] section of aircraft.cfg turned them on with no changes to the air file needed.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I could see a seam in the model so I knew that the slots were there. Adding spoiler_limit = 1 to the [airplane_geometry] section of aircraft.cfg turned them on with no changes to the air file needed.
    Good catch Andy.
    Should some changes be made to the airfile in order to make the aircraft behave accordingly when the slats are out ?

Many of the features are speed related; landing lights, flaps and landing gear damage, contrails...
    Could it be made so as the slats would come out when the aircraft neers the stalling speed and retract when it is above that speed?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A neat idea. Would be cool if the slats could be automatic and with flight effects.

Members who have read this thread: 0