Error message in Korea install cfs 3

Thread: Error message in Korea install cfs 3

Error message in Korea install cfs 3

Hi, I keep getting an error message when after I start cfs 3 korea and select a plane. it msays Error parsing file effects line 1927 expected ending_for attribute effect0 value. See attached. I only installed the p-61 widow and its update and the mig-15 recenlty released so not sure. if anyone can help that woudl be great. otherwise the sim is unplayable and you have to exit to desktop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs 3 error.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi dmaloof,

the error message is telling you to go to line 1927 in your effects.xml file. If you are familiar with xml syntax in cfs3, then it is easy to do in Notepad. Otherwise, using a free ware xml editor like "XMLWrench" is probably the way to go.

Actually IIRC xml editors have difficulties with what they see as "duplicate attributes" in the effects.xml file. A work-around would be to copy the whole attribute found in line 1927, into a text file in Notepad. You would have to make sure the syntax is stand-alone including opening <effects> and closing </effects> lines - (copy the syntax from your effects.xml file)

Then you would be able to open the new txt file in XML Wrench which could tell you what the problem is. You may be best to rename your new txt file as a .xml file for XML wrench to do its thing.

If you strike problems PM me and then email the effects.xml through to me.

Hi, thx for reply. Could i take the effects file from another install and copy it to korea? My rising sun install works.

such kind of error messages causes manually edited .xml file, usually adding some effects for current airplane add-on.

the "" means there usually is a invicible break added into the text line. some effect definition just needs to be written in a single line. this problem may cause text copy and paste procedure of the original text from the airplane installation, for example.

sample: "0, 0, 0" is correct

"0, 0,
    0" causes xml message error

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    Hi, thx for reply. Could i take the effects file from another install and copy it to korea? My rising sun install works.
    Don't do that! The effects in Rising Sun will include many missing from DPC Korea and your Korea install will probably become a complete crashfest when it can't find the effects listed in the RS version.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hi, i found line 1927 and saw it had something to do with mig-15 guns. This is what it says;

<fx_tracer_23mm_green ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="tracer_23m<MIG_15_GUN_EFFECTS/>

what do i do here?

well, thats wrong record at first look. there is unenclosed item, missing the second " and closing part />, yet it is a bit mixed effect definition...

<fx_tracer_23mm_green ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="tracer_23mm_green" /> should be at the end of the MiG-15 gun tracer effect record, next the <MIG_15_GUN_EFFECTS/> is (just) the label of the effect.

please check the "add to effects.xml.txt" at the MiG-15 add-on again.

note: CFS3_MiG_15bis_ver104_ru.zip or CFS3_MiG_15bis_ver104_nk.zip are the latestly released packs.

Thx, got it working. noticed two copies of the same entry too.

Members who have read this thread: 0