Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 17
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Hi,

It looks like L[eft] \/ R[ight] to show the pilot when things are in balance? It doesn't look like that says 'level'.
    Andy.

SOH-CM-2023
    I think the V is indicative as centered up or zeroed out.

Sean

It is what it is .. :-)

I have adjusted the animations to match up with the texture as best I can. Now I must move that housing into its final resting place and test.

If all goes well, I will package up a beta for release today.

@Gaucho, I converted your posted jpeg to bmp just to fill the gap and that works fine. Obviously when you get it, you'll want to plug in the higher quality bmp.

@Maty, I gmax source will be on its way shortly for the short winged version.

@Painters, today's release should be the beta release and AFAIK, no mapping issues remain.

@Everyone else, feel free to download and test or just fly. There's plenty of documentation in the Docs folder regarding all aspects of flight, fuel consumption, performance charts, takeoff, cruise settings, entering the pattern for approach and landing, speeds, etc. Read it.

Climb out settings should be changed after you cleanup after takeoff and reach 145 kias. You will have better performance with climb out (45' x 2400rpms) and cruise settings (31" MAP and 2100 rpms) so use them.

You will need to practice that pattern and approach, high and fast, for that last 1500fpm final descent. See the docs (one contains KIAS as well as MPH).
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

awesome!

Just getting the package components together and then full checkout. It will likely be about 2 hours from now before the beta upload.

Remember this is an untextured package to be released as a community Build/Painters kit.

That means that neither the exterior nor the interior nor the panels are painted but await the texture artists who have interest to "flesh it out".

There is no paint kit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails previewFS9.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

B-26B Marauder Beta Package Uploaded

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

OOOOoo Crikey ... and Jimmy Jillickers ... whats a paint kit , time to "flesh out" Some MM's ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    OOOOoo Crikey ... and Jimmy Jillickers ... whats a paint kit , time to "flesh out" Some MM's ..
    LOL Thank you Sir :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have fallen in love with the reference material ! , one type we don't get to see in this part of the world , I'm going to stick to my guns on the one..... One thing I did say with a Marauder.. simply bolt two P-47 engines onto a with .. A2A's sound package really dose me ... Milton , Simply looking SUPERB Thank you so much !

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I have fallen in love with the reference material ! , one type we don't get to see in this part of the world , I'm going to stick to my guns on the one..... One thing I did say with a Marauder.. simply bolt two P-47 engines onto a with .. A2A's sound package really dose me ... Milton , Simply looking SUPERB Thank you so much !
    Great; happy that it helps.

I just realized that it was 6 weeks ago today since I started this project setting up 3-views. That was 6 intense weeks of 12-14 hours most days. I think I missed working on this one full day and a few partials. I like this approach and it may be the way I develop future projects.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here's some 3 views that show the "roundedness" of the bottom of the windshield.

Folks, I do not make this stuff up. I modeled to the 3 view. :-)

Even if it were wrong at this point, it would not get changed. Too many things affected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3678029199_b2f43da8ca_b.jpg   b26-05a.jpg   B-261.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Been plugging away at this. Don't mind the wings and control surfaces, as I have only started redoing the main fuselage getting it to where I want it. Once happy with that I will move on to the wings, etc....

Still working on the shading and other stuff, but it is slowly taking form....

That's great progress nater
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Can't wait to see some paints for this baby. Another winner from Sir Milton!!

Thanks Milton! It is slowly getting there...At least I have the nose art done for :
    Missouri Mule
    Missouri Mule II
    The Big Hairy Bird

Blog Entries

Great work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Thanks Milton! It is slowly getting there...At least I have the nose art done for :
    Missouri Mule
    Missouri Mule II
    The Big Hairy Bird

It's really looking very, very well!!!

G.

catch you in Skype...

Blog Entries
    Hello Milton,
    Thank you for this fine model. It's an exciting airplane that looks great inside
    and out, and the airplane's flying characteristics feels right, from what I have
    read.

For me, it's a challenge on approach, especially in a crosswind. But handling a
    Martin B-26 is a skill worth developing.

I deeply appreciate you and your contributors for continuing to develop FS9
    models.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Hello Milton,
    Thank you for this fine model. It's an exciting airplane that looks great inside
    and out, and the airplane's flying characteristics feels right, from what I have
    read.

For me, it's a challenge on approach, especially in a crosswind. But handling a
    Martin B-26 is a skill worth developing.

I deeply appreciate you and your contributors for continuing to develop FS9
    models.
    Thank you Tom; I appreciate your comments.

Fliger did a great job with the flight model in FSX and the FS9 version is basically that with minor adjustments.
    The speeds are right on at altitude and weights.
    You must keep speeds up in this bird because of the fast speed wing foil used basically by fighters.
    That's why pattern speeds are fast and approach is fast and steep ... to keep the nose down.
    Practicing approach took me a while to get it right. You just have to plan your pattern altitude knowing your final descent is going to be 1500-1800 fpm the last 40-60 seconds, so start high figuring what altitude AGL you need to be at before that final descent sprint.
    If you do that right, with MAP at 14-16" and target the ground 50' in front of the runway landing zone, it should go well. :-)
    With reduced weight (minus fuel, bombs and ammunition), you should need only 50% flaps.
    Final approach speed is 120-125kias depending on weight, 130kias if at 31000 lbs.
    The final flare starting at 50-100' AGL should take 2 seconds; be careful of a high speed stall.
    Land on mains only; keep the nose wheel off the ground until around 80kias.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Been plugging away at this. Don't mind the wings and control surfaces, as I have only started redoing the main fuselage getting it to where I want it. Once happy with that I will move on to the wings, etc....

Still working on the shading and other stuff, but it is slowly taking form....
    CRIKEY ! that has really kicked the ball off ... SUPERB Work Nater !

Thanks guys! It means a lot to me!
    So....a little more work done before heading off to work....

and Carlos, I haven't been avoiding you...just now I am back to doing my 10 hour shifts, so I don't get home until 21:30 my time....by that time I only have about an hour or so to unwind, as I have to get up the next morning at 05:00 to do it all over again. I should have Friday off though, so I can Skype Friday night with you.

and Carlos, I haven't been avoiding you...just now I am back to doing my 10 hour shifts, so I don't get home until 21:30 my time....by that time I only have about an hour or so to unwind, as I have to get up the next morning at 05:00 to do it all over again. I should have Friday off though, so I can Skype Friday night with you.
    Amazing Work Nate, wish I knew how to paint that good, I would like to try to do B-26 "Carolyn" of the CAF. Saw her at her last Wings Over Houston before she crashed.

I gotta be honest....this is the first time doing something like this. Gaucho_59 has given me numerous hours of tutorial, on how to do this stuff....plus seeing as I work as a hotel desk clerk, I have a lot of free time on my hand to surf the net. Youtube has provided me with tons of tutorials on basics, like what brush to use when, etc...

Hey Nate, can I get that template from you for the fuselage? Carolyn is a little darker on top but has the Grey on the bottom like that.

As soon as I finish the fuselage detail...hopefully tomorrow afternoon my time...

Hi,
    Absolutely amazing work from such a talented team

Thank you all so much.

Andy.

Members who have read this thread: 2