Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 13
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

I was going to mention the gears to you Milton. They are textured, but when I tried to add some shading and detail to them, it just looked way out of place, with parts mapped on top of parts. Hence why I went with a single color.

Falcon, what model are you using as I do not have any bombs or interior in my model.....I thought I had the most updated one....

Nater I assume it's posted here in the thread somewhere but it's a model update I got from Milton over the weekend while I was on team speak.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

ahh....ok....No worries...just thought I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    I was going to mention the gears to you Milton. They are textured, but when I tried to add some shading and detail to them, it just looked way out of place, with parts mapped on top of parts. Hence why I went with a single color.

Falcon, what model are you using as I do not have any bombs or interior in my model.....I thought I had the most updated one....
    No problem Nater; I noticed the issue earlier and have just remapped the gear parts to a separate sheet, and mapped the oleo blue steel separately so you will not have to deal with that. Testing those changes now.

Regarding falcon's version, he and WND were kind enough to do some early interior tests for me before mapping so I sent them an early alpha build of the aircraft with the interior parts that had those updates. The exterior is the same.

I have one more part to add to the interior before starting the mapping for textures and then hopefully I can get the full package out to the texture artists before Sunday night.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Ok. Did you ever get the issue with the bubble for the mains fixed? If not, if you want, I can take a look at it in 3dsMax...

SOH-CM-2023
    The Big Hairy Bird is 99% done. I am afraid to touch it anymore in case I screw something up.... Alpha channel has been applied and I think it gives is a nice bare metal look. The painted parts have no alpha applied to them to give it that painted bare metal look.

Is that FS9? If it what airport is that? I would love to recreate this when the Marauder is available to us mere users

Sean

Where would I find the nosegear wheel well textures? I have the gear doors done, but I don't see the individual textures for the interior wheel well.

Current System Specs:

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Ed, what is the paint program you are using?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries

Nater:

I got your files... OK... I will comment on them privately via PM I guess...

Here is some more WIP textures done so far... Use this one as an example for the hints I can give you via PM...

(my textures are based on photos and actual Martin line drawings) (the rivetwork needs to be subdued some especially over the insignia)
    Suggestions or comments by anyone to improve things welcome... it is still very much WIP... need a lot more detailing... but will do
    to illustrate my points - use also the wing WIPs (in fact.... if you use Skype... we can chat in it... I use it everyday to talk to my wife in Okinawa...it really works fine)

G.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Ed, what is the paint program you are using?
    Paint Shop Pro, Pat!

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Where would I find the nosegear wheel well textures? I have the gear doors done, but I don't see the individual textures for the interior wheel well.
    Ed, I did not map the nose gear wheel well for textures.

EDIT: I had forgotten why so had to go look. The ceiling is the bottom of the cockpit floor; the front and rear walls are actually the bulkheads on either end; so all we have are two short side walls. They all will be mapped with the interior structure.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Ed, I did not map the nose gear wheel well for textures.

EDIT: I had forgotten why so had to go look. The ceiling is the bottom of the cockpit floor; the front and rear walls are actually the bulkheads on either end; so all we have are two short side walls. They all will be mapped with the interior structure.
    Ok, thanks Milton.

Current System Specs:

Milt, don't forget that the crew access door was in the wheel well as well. The door was just behind the cockpit seats.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Milt, don't forget that the crew access door was in the wheel well as well. The door was just behind the cockpit seats.
    Mark,

I have not seen any pictures of a door, but you can see the nose gear between the seats when retracted, or see that the nose wheel is straight before takeoff from the Nav/Radio area.

If you have a picture of a door, I would like to see it. Also I have seen no ladder for entry or where it might be stowed, if there was one.

Thanks

Here is what I have modeled from the pics I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-10-004 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-10-005 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-10-006 (Large).jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Slow progress on the interior infrastructure mapping. Now have the rear 3 sections mapped after 4+ hours.

Maybe tomorrow I can finish up the cockpit and bombardier's areas, then get on to the detailed parts mapping in the cockpit.

Due diligence gets it done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-10-007.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Paint Shop Pro, Pat!
    Thanks Ed, I am using PSP X9.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Is that FS9? If it what airport is that? I would love to recreate this when the Marauder is available to us mere users

Sean
    Sean- That is LatinVFR's Key West.

Great work, incredible to see how quickly you churn out these aircraft!

Any chance of a civilian version? Something you could throw in a gtn750 gps and fly around the modern skies on vatsim? I understand that is not everyone's cup of tea. I find civilian versions of military aircraft very enticing for some reason.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5965588193_072e342ef8_b.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Mark,

I have not seen any pictures of a door, but you can see the nose gear between the seats when retracted, or see that the nose wheel is straight before takeoff from the Nav/Radio area.

If you have a picture of a door, I would like to see it. Also I have seen no ladder for entry or where it might be stowed, if there was one.

Thanks
    I haven't seen any pictures of a door, or ladder either. I've seen the hole in pictures, and I just assumed that it might be an access point for the crew into the cockpit and would have a door, but I may be be wrong. There was no door or ladder that I could see.

But there must have been something there so that the crew didnt fall into it in flight? Maybe the nosewheel lay flat against it providing a temporary floor to walk on.

The hole's completely fine with me, looks great. You can only do the best you can with what information there is.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post

Sean
    That looks like FSX and Latin VFR's Key West, Florida scenery.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
    Great work, incredible to see how quickly you churn out these aircraft!

Any chance of a civilian version? Something you could throw in a gtn750 gps and fly around the modern skies on vatsim? I understand that is not everyone's cup of tea. I find civilian versions of military aircraft very enticing for some reason.

That is interesting, although I think there were very few civilian conversions of the Martin B-26. My preference would be a military model with modern radios and a gps to simulate a restored warbird.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    That looks like FSX and Latin VFR's Key West, Florida scenery.
    There's a FS2004 version at simMarket apparently.
    Mark

Hi,
    When the undercarriage is retracted, those 2 covers close and it'll all go dark...I would imagine there must be some kind of internal floor/cover in there as well, otherwise you could drop something down there, or trip up moving about!
    Andy.

SOH-CM-2023
    Sean- That is LatinVFR's Key West.
    Thank you sir. Looks like a new destination for all my Caribbean jaunts besides St. Maarteen.

Sean

Blog Entries
    Port view of 46N.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marting B-26 exec.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	48142

Members who have read this thread: 1