Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 27
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Just wondering how this project is going?

JJ, Milton's answer is on the money. As he noted I am working on it every day and it would be foolish of me to give you a specific time frame. The panel and ecu are the focus at the moment and it has been time-consuming adding all the placards, text and other eye candy, mostly because there is a lot of research and digging around on the web to do to figure out what some of the placards/labeling actually says. I expect it to move more quickly once the ECU is done, which will be soon now. I'll post some screen shots when that happens. :-)

Blog Entries
    Thank you Milton and Wellis. I appreciate the hard work you do to build and paint these fine models for FS2004.

Best Regards,
    John

Thanks for the reply wellis! I was hoping this one hadn't died on the vine. Thanks for your work and everyone involved in this project. You guys make simming fun......

Just a brief update:

1) progress is being made in the cockpit - it's just a slow and labour intense process. Patience will be rewarded.

2) On the FSX side, Ferondoe is also producing interior textures and looking sweet. Not sure at the moment if they are compatible with the FS9 side but the mapping is the same, so good likelihood.

So, looks like we will have at least two sets of interior textures to choose from and that will provide some nice variety for different liveries.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

FS9 B-26 Marauder update:

Ferondoe has completed the interior textures (a massive effort) and Wellis has completed the cockpit panel and ECU. Mick has graciously allowed us to use some of his textures so we can beta this package.

I hope to have an FS9 beta out this weekend (minus the new fuel gauge by Pierre).

Thanks so much for all the efforts of these Gentlemen to bring this to fruition.

I will post the beta release right here.

Thanks for your patience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-jan-4-006.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-001.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-002.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-003.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-004.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-005.jpg  

ms-2018-jan-5-006.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-007.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

...and a few more shots ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-jan-5-008.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-009.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-010.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-012.jpg   ms-2018-jan-5-013.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have enjoyed the current release.Oh I'm sooooo looking forward to this!!! The Martin 26 suits me to a T!
    Joel

The FS9 Beta v1.3 for the B-26 Marauder has been posted.

The package features the B-26B/C and the JM-x models.

Thanks to Mick for allowing use of some of his paints for the beta.

You can find more B-26 paints from Mick here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=31&sort=d

Thanks to Ferondoe and Wellis for the interior paints, ECU and panels.

Thanks to Nigel for the R-2800 sounds.

EDIT: This is a Beta release. The fuel gauge is not included as I have not yet received it.
    The 2D panel is very basic; the lower console although partially showing is not functional; I have no panel/gauge programmer.

Download link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3287&catid=205
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-jan-6-001.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 7th, 2018 at 14:41.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

The package features the B-26B/C and the JM-x models.

Thanks to Mick for allowing use of some of his paints for the beta.

You can find more B-26 paints from Mick here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=31&sort=d

Thanks to Ferondoe and Wellis for the interior paints, ECU and panels.

Thanks to Nigel for the R-2800 sounds.

Download link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3287&catid=205
    Magnificent treat, Milton - downloading now to feast the senses (what's left of them)!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

My thanks to Milton, et al., for yet another magnificent contribution to the fs9 community. I know this question has undoubtedly come up before, but I am unsure of the ground steering on the Marauder. Is it done with just the brake pedals? It appears that the nose wheel is fixed, but I recall seeing screenshots with the nose wheel turned, so it got me wondering if there is a switchable lock on the steering. Changing the values in the aircraft config file does not seem to alter the nose gear movement.

On a more general question, there are apparently A-26's and B-26's; and Milton has beautifully modeled both. They look to be completely different aircraft, yet the nomenclature overlaps considerably. The A and B designations indicate "attack" and 'bomber" functionality, but how much overlap is there between these aircraft and why did they not just have have completely separate designations?

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    My thanks to Milton, et al., for yet another magnificent contribution to the fs9 community. I know this question has undoubtedly come up before, but I am unsure of the ground steering on the Marauder. Is it done with just the brake pedals? It appears that the nose wheel is fixed, but I recall seeing screenshots with the nose wheel turned, so it got me wondering if there is a switchable lock on the steering. Changing the values in the aircraft config file does not seem to alter the nose gear movement.

On a more general question, there are apparently A-26's and B-26's; and Milton has beautifully modeled both. They look to be completely different aircraft, yet the nomenclature overlaps considerably. The A and B designations indicate "attack" and 'bomber" functionality, but how much overlap is there between these aircraft and why did they not just have have completely separate designations?
    Nose gear is set up to be castoring as with the RW models, and steering was but engine differentiation and brakes when required.

If you do not have pedals or a separate throttlle quadrant, you can change the aircraft.cfg contact point.0 as follows:

From this:
    point.0= 1, 17.091, 0.000, -8.284, 1800, 0, 1.375, 180.00, 0.393, 2.500, 0.900, 5.000, 6.000, 0, 150.3, 236.4 // castoring
    To this:
    point.0= 1, 17.091, 0.000, -8.284, 1800, 0, 1.375, 040.00, 0.393, 2.500, 0.900, 5.000, 6.000, 0, 150.3, 236.4 // will allow steering with rudder inputs

As for the model types. I have modeled likenesses of the B/C-5 to the -55 and very loosely, the JM as seen in the attachment.

As to the A-26B/C Invader versus the B-26 Marauder, completely different aircraft. The A-26 was developed later and after the Marauder was discontinued, the A-26 with time and role modifications, used the B26 nomenclature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b26 models.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Magnificent marauders

Thank you Milton and all who assisted in this project. Your efforts have been assiduous and the results remarkable. This a/c has always been a favourite of mine. It looks good from almost any angle and it certainly carried its share of the work-load for the US war effort.
    Thanks again to all of you great master modellers, painstaking painters, decibel demons and, of course, the flight and instrument programmers who bring it all to amazing life on our screens.

When the load seemed un-bearable, Milton and co just doubled up and started on the FSX version - more than doubling the appreciation of all parts of the Flight Sim world.

Respect!

Mal

Got it. All is well now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    ...On a more general question, there are apparently A-26's and B-26's; and Milton has beautifully modeled both. They look to be completely different aircraft, yet the nomenclature overlaps considerably. The A and B designations indicate "attack" and 'bomber" functionality, but how much overlap is there between these aircraft and why did they not just have have completely separate designations?
    Well, they DID have completely separate designations - when they were both in service. The Martin B-26 was developed as a medium bomber and retained that role and designation throughout its service life with the Army. (The Navy called it the JM, but that's a different story.)

The Douglas A-26 was developed as an attack aircraft and designated accordingly. (The Navy called it the JD, but again, that's a different story.) It was said that the capability of the A-26 brought attack aviation into the bombardment realm, as it had the performance and warload of a medium bomber (though it retained the single pilot of an attack plane.)

After WW2 the Marauders were all quickly scrapped, as the Army (not yet the Air Force) didn't need three medium (now considered light) bombers. They kept the B-25 as a trainer and utility transport, the A-26 Invader as their light bomber, and the B-26 Marauder went to the smelters.

A few years later, when the Army Air Force morphed into the U.S. Air Force, the service reworked its designation scheme. Among other changes, the A for attack category was discontinued and the A-26 became the B-26. There was no conflict with the Martin plane because all the Marauders were long gone by then.

So the Invader was the A-26 through WW2 and briefly afterwards, but became the B-26 by the time of the Korean conflict, where it served with distinction. A decade or so later the Air Force revived the A for attack category and the B-26 became the A-26 again. I'm not sure exactly when it became the A-26 again, but it served with the Air Force in Vietnam
    under that designation. It may have still been called the B-26 early in the Vietnam era, but it definitely retired from that conflict as the A-26. (It also served around the world with the CIA through the fifties and sixties under one or the other designation at various times.)

It's only confusing when history is jumbled together in hindsight. At any given time there was never more than one plane called the B-26, and in any time period those concerned always knew what plane was meant by the B-26 designation.

I'm loving it! Thank yous too all involved! Ferondoe and Wellis,great job on those interiors!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01081801.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Thank you Milton for the hard work building and putting this project together. The interior painting by
    Ferondoe and Wellis is superb. I especially like how the vc01_L.bmp is designed to allow night lighting
    for any gauge layout without having to modify the vc01_L bitmap.

Another nice touch is the pod/nopods model options. These, along with the JM model, allow for a wide
    number of Marauder versions, including Mick's excellent early B-26 paints.

Thanks again to the entire crew.

Stbd prop goes solid disc at night with ll or taxi lts

Hi Milton,

Have been filing my boots flying your B-26 Marauder. Have moved on to night operations and have noticed a small visual glitch.

At dusk or full night, when using Landing or Taxi lights, and when viewed from outside the a/c in the angle extending appx 45 degrees forward and out from the a/c's engines in the horizontal plane and covering an arc to the rear of the a/c from the Starboard to the Port engine (or vice versa), the Starboard prop disc only becomes solid. When the a/c is viewed in the frontal arc inside the 45 degree limits between the engines, all is OK.

Have tested this with spinprop textures from other four bladed prop a/c and get the same result.

It may be that this is just my graphics set up. Has anyone else noticed this minor glitch.

Hate to be a 'rivet counter' - but with such a riveting machine . . .

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Hi Milton,

Have been filing my boots flying your B-26 Marauder. Have moved on to night operations and have noticed a small visual glitch.

At dusk or full night, when using Landing or Taxi lights, and when viewed from outside the a/c in the angle extending appx 45 degrees forward and out from the a/c's engines in the horizontal plane and covering an arc to the rear of the a/c from the Starboard to the Port engine (or vice versa), the Starboard prop disc only becomes solid. When the a/c is viewed in the frontal arc inside the 45 degree limits between the engines, all is OK.

Have tested this with spinprop textures from other four bladed prop a/c and get the same result.

It may be that this is just my graphics set up. Has anyone else noticed this minor glitch.

Hate to be a 'rivet counter' - but with such a riveting machine . . .

Mal
    Hello Mal :-)

I have not been able to duplicate your issue with any combination of taxi and/or landing lights at night from any direction in spot view, tower view, or cockpit view. I also moved the aircraft around to see if certain scenery objects would cause the anomaly but could not. I do quite a bit of testing at night to set landing/taxi, nav/recog, interior, and cockpit lighting and have never seen any issues with the prop mesh.

You might try a different location to test your situation. Are you running default scenery at you test location?

Can you post a screen shot please?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SSD

Milton,

You were right! I was at Glasgow airport in Scotland using 'UK 2000' scenery for that airport done by Garry Summons. When I shifted to Carlisle with standard FS2004 scenery, the issue of the solid Stbd prop disc disappeared.

Would have liked to have sent you a screenie of the issue but have no idea of even where to start.

Anyway, another little quirk resolved.

Thanks for your reply and, as ever, your magnificent models.

Mal

I have not received any trouble reports or issues with the Beta version since release.
    If anyone is sitting on issues, ignoring them, whatever, you need to speak now or forever hold your peace. :-)

I have made some updates, fixed a few things since beta release, added the fuel tank gauge, etc.

I will likely go "Gold" with the FS9 version next week sometime.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If anyone is sitting on issues, ignoring them, whatever, you need to speak now or forever hold your peace. :-)

I'm no expert but I haven't found any problems.Enjoying it very much!
    Of all your fine works Milton this one is my favorite! Its a beast and I love it!

Joel

JM model

I will likely go "Gold" with the FS9 version next week sometime.
    Hello, Milton and team

Will you release also a JM version in which the yoke can be hidden, as in the last models of B/C?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Of all your fine works Milton this one is my favorite! Its a beast and I love it!

Joel
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by adiazcay View Post
    Hello, Milton and team

Will you release also a JM version in which the yoke can be hidden, as in the last models of B/C?

Regards
    Yes, of course. That change has already been made. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Problem with interiors?

Hello, Milton

One thing i've noticed: the walls of the cockpit show at a lower resolution that other elements (for example, the radio-navigator place or the first aid box). Is nothing showstopper, but I can not understand this difference, having in account that the texture file has no mipmaps...

Here is a screenshot. Regards.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interior.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	57501

Members who have read this thread: 2