Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 21
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Hoping to see some updates of artist's progress this weekend :-) Is anyone else painting the interior?

We are Spring cleaning in the libraries and thought I would delete all the FSX and FS9 Marauder painters' releases and updates to eliminate any confusion.

Sometime later, I will upload one package that includes all of my updates.

Keep in mind this is yours to complete and publish as freeware. This is a community project and I have donated my part of it to you. Hope to see it completed at some point.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Yup, still plugging away at it Milton. I am currently finishing up the cockpit area, then I will continue to the radio operators area/Bomb bay

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Yup, still plugging away at it Milton. I am currently finishing up the cockpit area, then I will continue to the radio operators area/Bomb bay
    That's great to hear Nader; I look forward to seeing that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here you go Milton....

Here you go Milton....
    Great to see some focus on the interior. It will take a while of course.

If you think painting it is a challenge, finding good modeling references is also a challenge with no 3-views, measurements, or guides or much consistency of any kind. :-)

Thank you for your contributions to the interior areas.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    If you think painting it is a challenge, finding good modeling references is also a challenge with no 3-views, measurements, or guides or much consistency of any kind. :-)
    Preaching to the choir. Still struggling to find any good references for the sidewalls and windows of the A320.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Preaching to the choir. Still struggling to find any good references for the sidewalls and windows of the A320.
    Are you referring to the cabin or cockpit?

This is a virtual tour of the cockpit.

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamili...virtual-visit/
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Are you referring to the cabin or cockpit?

This is a virtual tour of the cockpit.

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamili...virtual-visit/
    Cockpit.

As good as these 3D panoramas are, they're never from the center of the pedestal or any other usable location that will minimize interference by seats or the crew. In the Airbus example, the entire lower area of the window is covered up.

The form and flow of the window frames may be a wet dream for plastics engineers and designers, but they're a nightmare for my modeling skills and patience. So many complicated shapes. No wonder the default A321 cockpit looks as it does.

Nader, have you made more interior painting progress?

*BUMP*
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I figured this project had gone off and . I'm interested if it is still breathing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    I figured this project had gone off and . I'm interested if it is still breathing as well.

I tried to experiment with this project. Do the modeling and mapping of the exterior and VC and release it for others to paint, modify as they wished, and release it.

There doesn't seem to be enough activity on the FS9 side for that to work.

So, I may need to search for a interior/VC artist to complete the parts others have no interest in doing.

The FSX native side has been active but I see no one there working on the interior either.

For me to complete a project, a lot of team talent and interest is required for a year or more at a time. It's been hard to get that on the FS9 side the last few years. Most everyone has moved on to other sims or interests.

That is why I tried this as an experiment.

If we can't get people to contribute, then I shall move on to converting my past projects to FSX native and give up on new project work. I can do that alone. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That's a real pity. In the past I have participated in several teams and I know it consumes a lot of time, but is also a very rewarding thing to do. That is why I really liked your idea of creating an open project in which everybody could participate.

When you handed over the Maurader project to the community, the response was great and when my memory is correct there were at least two members starting with the interior textures. I a pity that this seems to have died. But give it a few days. Perhaps Nater is still busy on the textures, and as he hasn't been on-line for a few days, he may have just missed you post. (It is summer holiday season here in Europe).

Huub

I tried to experiment with this project. Do the modeling and mapping of the exterior and VC and release it for others to paint, modify as they wished, and release it...

There doesn't seem to be enough activity on the FS9 side for that to work...

If we can't get people to contribute, then I shall move on to converting my past projects to FSX native and give up on new project work. I can do that alone. :-)
    This is very sad to hear.

I wish I could help, but the things you need the most help with are things I don't know anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    That's a real pity. In the past I have participated in several teams and I know it consumes a lot of time, but is also a very rewarding thing to do. That is why I really liked your idea of creating an open project in which everybody could participate.

When you handed over the Maurader project to the community, the response was great and when my memory is correct there were at least two members starting with the interior textures. I a pity that this seems to have died. But give it a few days. Perhaps Nater is still busy on the textures, and as he hasn't been on-line for a few days, he may have just missed you post. (It is summer holiday season here in Europe).

Huub
    Huub,

Not a problem really; just have to understand the reality of the situation. Interior textures require a lot of time just as the exterior ones do and many painters have not tried their hand at it. Wellis' work on the Havoc interior was a new experience for him; his work there exceeded expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    This is very sad to hear.

I wish I could help, but the things you need the most help with are things I don't know anything about.

Mick, and everyone, do not take this as a personal thing toward anyone here. It's just a fact that fewer people are available today to do this work in FS9. If someone does the FSX native side, I can port those textures to the FS9 side and we will have the interior done and hopefully those textures can be used to complement any available exterior textures for FS9.

The project is not dead from my viewpoint, just awaiting some interior textures from anywhere. They will come eventually.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Please guys do a fs9!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Please guys do a fs9!!

It will be done; Wellis volunteered to paint the interior and do the VC work. Yeaaa!!!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

It will be done; Wellis volunteered to paint the interior and do the VC work. Yeaaa!!!
    Yeaaa Wellis! Thank you!!!

Wellis you're my new HERO!! Thanks to everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Wellis you're my new HERO!! Thanks to everyone involved.
    What he said!!!

That is excellent news!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

You bet! excellent news.

A great walk-around and explanation of the preservation and conservation work currently being done on the B-26 "Flak-Bait" at the Smithsonian, which when the work is completed, will finally be fully reassembled for the first time since the end of WWII and put on display. I had seen photos of the fuselage and wings several years ago, when they were in storage, and was amazed by the details of the invasion stripes, the stars & bars with the hand-painted outlines (red underneath the blue), all of the patches (amazingly all originally painted with yellow zinc chromate, which was rather surprising), and all of the other interesting details in the application of the markings overall, original exhaust staining still present, etc., and this video highlights some of that. I'm also really glad that they will be restoring/painting-in the areas on the nose section where the paint was worn away from the millions of visitors that just had to touch it, perhaps walk away with a paint chip or two, when the nose section was on display in Washington DC - to me, it would be hard to imagine leaving it as it is in those areas - all of the other wear & tear should remain, as it will be.

https://www.facebook.com/airandspace...4657347857797/

Sorry guys I haven't been around a while. Been extremely busy with work and other real life priorities. As soon as things slow down, I will get to cracking at it again...

I have restructured the FS9 Marauder package to be like the FSX side with three models with specular highlights removed from all:

1) Model with No Gun Pods
    2) Model with One Gun Pod
    3) Model with Two Gun Pods

Also corrected a couple of minor issues, none of which affects painters.

I am going to hold off uploading them until later when we complete the interior and VC textures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sorry guys I haven't been around a while. Been extremely busy with work and other real life priorities. As soon as things slow down, I will get to cracking at it again...

Nader, Wellis has volunteered to do the interior and VC textures as a dedicated project as he did the A-20 Havoc. Like me, he is retired and can dedicate a lot of time to the project.

You are certainly welcome to continue your interior painting efforts as you wish and we will all be excited to use them, but I wanted to ensure you understand so that you can weigh your options and priorities.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 2