Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 16
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Oh I see, sorry Milton, I didn't realise it was for the painters! :-)
    Thanks!
    LOL No problem Mark. I just want folks to know this is still very much a WIP by me as well. Still grinding on it, and I appreciate your interest and help.

Got the recog switches moved, starter switches fixed, parking brake fixed, added an avionics switch, working on oil dilution dummies now, and will see if I can do anything about the unsupported blower levers.

Got a long list of things to do yet.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries

got it... will try that...

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Gaucho,

There is no 2D panel yet so you probably opened to that. Hit the S key a few times and see what you get.

Thank you Milton

G.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post

Thank you Milton

G.
    Gaucho,

Would you be interested in giving this texture challenge a try.

This is the trim housing for the rudder and aileron.
    It has two rotating wheels with gradations of 20 - 10 - 0 - 10 - 20.
    These parts are mapped cylindrically so the text can be applied appropriately around the wheels.

Of course the texture sheet is flat, or unwrapped from around the wheel ... like removing a laminated strip from the cylinders and laying it flat.

I have an example in the texture sheet for you, or anyone really, to provide a guide.

I am attaching screenshots of the real world unit, and the texture sheet applied to the parts in gmax.

Would you or anyone interested try to paint these parts and the gradations.

I am attaching a zip of the texture sheet and picture as well.

I will attach an updated model shortly so your work can be tested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trim picture.jpg   trim paint guide.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    I'll give it a shot.... no problem..
    BTW... using that "s" key worked fine... and my metal finish looks great...
    I think someone mentioned it... the lower wing surface is just a tad off...

I'll work on this stuff you posted today... should have it by tonite..

G.

Blog Entries

Before I get too far...

Here is a preliminary texture content... is this what you have in mind?
    My design is symmetrical... but I noticed the paining guide is not...
    Is the texture to fit the parameters of the plate you have... (asymmetrical...
    with lettering canted, etc.... Also, the photo is of an old rusted instrument...
    so the colors are a bit unrealistic... I mean... in the model it would be a
    relatively intact paint job...
    Also, to wrap it around a tridimensional object, the final texture would just be one oblong figure (not in the profile shape)

G.

Here is a preliminary texture content... is this what you have in mind?
    My design is symmetrical... but I noticed the paining guide is not...
    Is the texture to fit the parameters of the plate you have... (asymmetrical...
    with lettering canted, etc.... Also, the photo is of an old rusted instrument...
    so the colors are a bit unrealistic... I mean... in the model it would be a
    relatively intact paint job...
    Also, to wrap it around a tridimensional object, the final texture would just be one oblong figure (not in the profile shape)

G.
    Yes, that is just right IMO.

Yes, the texture fits the color bars; each of them represent a separate part.

The lettering gets canted as it is wrapped around a conical object; do your lettering normal.

One long oblong object is what I sent to you, 2048 x 512. That's the exact fitting template for the objects as I mapped them.
    They are not exactly proportional height to wrapped width as I have to stick to powers of 2, but you have to do the texture exactly as I sent it for it to work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'll give it a shot.... no problem..
    BTW... using that "s" key worked fine... and my metal finish looks great...

I think someone mentioned it... the lower wing surface is just a tad off...

I'll work on this stuff you posted today... should have it by tonite..

G.
    "I think someone mentioned it... the lower wing surface is just a tad off..."

Well, if you expect me to look into it, you'll have to be a TAD more specific. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here are updated/replacement model folders that include the mapped trim wheels.

I have not positioned the objects yet as it is canted on the upper surface which would make for imprecise mapping.

Don't worry about the animations working with the texture. I will adjust everything once I have the finalized texture.

You may notice a gap where the start (left side) and end (right side) of the texture meet. No problem; I will correct that as well. That is an anomaly of the cylindrical mapping.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Here it is Milton...

I can let you have it as PSD in layers... or bmp

Let me know if it is what you wanted...

G.

I can let you have it as PSD in layers... or bmp

Let me know if it is what you wanted...

G.
    G.,

That is looking great!

I need 24-bit bmp only.

On your gradations, that should be one contiguous strip from 20 - 10 - 20 without interruption. Not sure where I confused this but the gradations should be without the blank space; I apologize.

Also, on the center strip between the two gradation strips, there should be text reading re: Down Wing LVL Down or something to that effect.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

A picture....

Milton... as they say a picture is worth a thousand words... can you show me a sketch... no details... just
    where the gradations, numbers and exaclty what and where the titles should go...
    I just reproduced what you had in the texture plan you posted... exactly where they were in the overall rectangle...

Also, from what I see in the photo... probably white or yellow numbers and ticks would look more like it...
    whith the background as is... in other words... preserving the shading... instead of those white bars....

thanx,
    G.

Milton... as they say a picture is worth a thousand words... can you show me a sketch... no details... just
    where the gradations, numbers and exaclty what and where the titles should go...
    I just reproduced what you had in the texture plan you posted... exactly where they were in the overall rectangle...

Also, from what I see in the photo... probably white or yellow numbers and ticks would look more like it...
    whith the background as is... in other words... preserving the shading... instead of those white bars....

thanx,
    G.
    Gaucho, you know the colors to be used better than I. I was not suggesting white bars; that was just the background of the text box I used to demonstrate the gradations. Please just do the colors as you think they should be.

The attached is the best picture and drawing I have of this object.

I made changes to your screenshot to show the text in that center cylinder, and filled the blank area in the gradations in the other two.

In summary, all the gradations run from 20 - 10 - 0 - 10 - 20 without interruption.

The background colors are dark as you have them in other areas. The numbers should be light; use what you think is best. I am flexible on this.

I hope this helps.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-16-016.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-16-017.jpg   33310572212_d54b77ae02_o.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton,
    You might want to check the rudder trim tab on the the updated models...

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Milton,
    You might want to check the rudder trim tab on the the updated models...

hehe, LOL yes, did not catch that until afterwards. Already corrected. Thanks Nater. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

How is this?

If this meets with your approval... I'll go ahead and do the finalized in your size and specs.

G.

If this meets with your approval... I'll go ahead and do the finalized in your size and specs.

G.
    Gaucho,

The general appearance is great!

However, the gradation markings are 1 degree each. There are too many between 10 and 0 on the left side.

You should have the number 20 followed by 9 vertical marks, then the number 10 followed by 9 vertical marks, then the number 0 followed by 9 vertical marks, then the number 10 followed by 9 vertical marks, then the number 20. All are spread evenly over the horizontal length to where you have ended with the number 20 on the right side.

Thank you; looking great!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks to Gaucho for the massive help for the past couple of nights teaching me how to get the correct shading etc.

Blog Entries

I may need some massive help...

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Thanks to Gaucho for the massive help for the past couple of nights teaching me how to get the correct shading etc.

All of a sudden FS9 won't open for me... it calls for me to sign in as administrator... and I can't figure this out... or how to do it...
    to make matters worse... I seem to have misplaced the disk nr. 4... so I can't even re-install....

Help!

G.

Not sure what your O/S is but I can right click on my FSX icon and then select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Hope this helps.
    Bud

As Fliger is wrapping up the flight model and tests are looking great, I have finished modeling and mapping changes.

I am going to make one more stab at the gear bulges and if that goes well, then great, otherwise I'll release the package as it is.

The package will include two models, a basic panel setup, sounds will be aliased to the Harpoon sounds, two texture folders (one with the OD shown, and one with texture templates), a very nice Tom Falley flight model that hits all the numbers, and a documentation folder covering all the flight related information. I have not done a checklist. That can be added.

After that, I will provide support for any errors on my part but I look to you to then take the package in the direction you wish as freeware.

You may change panel and gauges, sounds, textures, flight model and documentation as you wish. (Leave original docs in place.)
    You may release your changes with or without the basic package but you must ensure proper credits for work that is not yours.
    That is, I do not want to receive emails from people asking me for support on things I have no control over.
    I will provide a credits guideline that strictly outlines the model and flight model credits and any common textures belonging to other contributors.
    You should provide contact information for your work.

I will also provide the gmax source for FSX native conversion if the intent is a full 3D gauged cockpit, or if someone wants to create a short winged version using this as a base (that would require new wings, flaps, ailerons, new cowlings, new tails, and revised gear.)

I will try to get this out by Monday.

So with that said, here is a screen shot from FSX to strut its stuff there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b26b dktp.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; March 17th, 2017 at 17:48.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Is this OK?

Still trying to get FS9 to work... but redid the numbers...
    If it's OK, I'll send it to you... or if I can remember how... post here for you to pick up...

G.

Still trying to get FS9 to work... but redid the numbers...
    If it's OK, I'll send it to you... or if I can remember how... post here for you to pick up...

G.
    G.,

If you post it here, you will need to zip it before attaching, otherwise the forum sw will alter it.

24-bit, 2048x512 (or 1024 x 256)

Thank you; that looks great! :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Shouldn't that read "DOWN ... WING ....... LVL ........ WING ... DOWN"?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Shouldn't that read "DOWN ... WING ....... LVL ........ WING ... DOWN"?
    Look at the picture in post #387 ... that is the guide I used.

EDIT: The only thing I can figure on that LVR is L wing down and R wing down. Not sure what the V is for ... "Versus"? or It is the Center point or pointer.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If you look closely at the V between L and R in the picture, its a solid triangle and looks more likely to be a center point indicator.

The "Down. Wing" on the left has a full stop dot in between, so it makes me wonder about it. It might be that when you look at it, you read it backwards as Wing Down.
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 2