Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 11
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    My textures comprise: Basic color and volumetric shading... livery layer... rivets and panel lines layer... over it shine shadings...
    for a natural metal model...
    For a camo version... (whenever I find a scheme I like) the basic colors will be worked in layers that end up being one base layer with volumetric shading...
    (maybe two layers... a base color and a volumetric shadings layer so the base color can be changed.... also probably adding a wear chips, etc. layer also... obviosly
    on a natural metal one... there would not be chips... but smudges, oil stains, smoke stains, etc. ... got to think this through yet...)

G.
    I can adjust the shading, colour, etc. of rivets and panel lines to work on a camo scheme, and of course add staining, chipping, streaking, different shading of the base colour. As it is now, that olive I'm using as a base will be changed a bit even before it gets weathered.

Looks like we both follow similar methods in achieving a nice scheme!

My layers are usually all the individual paint colours, panel lines, rivets, shading, sheen, staining, exhausts, special paint markings (invasion stripes cowl rings etc.), national markings, and all text..

I think my fuselage paint kit psd for the Canadian P-47 had 20 layers at one point, and that Avia floatplane in my avatar had more than that! :-)

Cheers
    Dave

Trying to work on the nose section but have very little to go by re: details. If anyone has anything better, I would appreciate you sharing that. :-)

Here's what I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails poste_AV_1.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-5-016 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-5-011.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-5-012 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-2-005.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi,
    These you probably have already seen, but here goes!

Andy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6971h.jpg   2271313899_620800e641_b.jpg   4206416503_e6da7b1db1_b.jpg  

Found a few more of different things

Andy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 105.jpg   36.jpg   b-26_50_cal_guns_with_soldier.jpg   92.jpg  

I do have lots of outside looking in pics but they are not helpful. I doubt that there are better details available than I have so I am proceeding with that.

Thank you so much for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-5-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Got quite a bit done on my end today.....The main fuselage, and engines are almost done sans rivets. I have found a new love for the different brushes and masks that are available in Photoshop. Spent half the day googling and youtubing, and the other half applying what I had learned....I am fairly happy with the results...

Okay, making some headway on the right side and I will leave the instrument textures to the painters. :-) ... nap time :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-5-004.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

nater, great progress .. appreciate the updates too. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton! Means a lot! I was playing around with the alpha channels a little bit, and I think I might have hit the nail on the head for the bare metal look....Not too shiny, but not too dull either. Going to wait until I have it all together before I do that though. I have Missouri Mule and Missouri Mule II (being that I am from the Show Me state) lined up after The Big Hairy Bird.

Hi,
    Just one so far...

Andy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd Lieutenant Everett Glen Hanes poses for a picture with his Norden Bombsight in the nose of h.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    Just one so far...

Andy.
    Thanks Andy I do have that one but it really does not show details suitable for modeling.

I have completed the bombardier area now so the hunt is over :-) It is what it is. :-)

Thanks for your efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Screen shots of the Bombardiers world ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-6-010.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-6-009.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-6-007.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-6-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-6-002.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, have you seen these manuals? There's quite a lot of information in them , some on the nose interior too and cockpit details, etc. You can read these manuals online for free.

http://aviationshoppe.com/martin-b26...uals-a-20.html
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Milton, have you seen these manuals? There's quite a lot of information in them , some on the nose interior too and cockpit details, etc. You can read these manuals online for free.

http://aviationshoppe.com/martin-b26...uals-a-20.html
    I have the first but not the second. That was helpful for the port side of the bombardier area. Thank you :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

This is looking fantastic, Milton. A real beauty.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    This is looking fantastic, Milton. A real beauty.

A.
    Thank you Andy; I appreciate your help and support through these projects.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Now, no cheating Ed; this is what it really looked like. It better be just like this one. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mildandbitter.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Prop Disc

In looking at the B-26 pictures I noticed that as the engines grew in power so did the size of the prop blades. At the end they almost touched the fuselage. My question is what size prop disc will you use on your b-26. Sorry I'm late on this.
    Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Now, no cheating Ed; this is what it really looked like. It better be just like this one. :-)
    lol, well luckily for me I trashed that one, lol. I'm going with a different one altogether (bare metal_"This is It"):
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by BUDSCH View Post
    In looking at the B-26 pictures I noticed that as the engines grew in power so did the size of the prop blades. At the end they almost touched the fuselage. My question is what size prop disc will you use on your b-26. Sorry I'm late on this.
    Bud
    Hi Bud, the prop diameter for this model series is 13.5 feet; I have seen no changes to that throughout the B and C series mods.

The only prop change I am aware of is switching to the Lycoming blades in the model B-50 build but no mention of a size change.

The large propeller spinners were permanently removed to improve engine cooling and reduce maintenance in the B-1 series build.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    lol, well luckily for me I trashed that one, lol. I'm going with a different one altogether (bare metal_"This is It"):
    LOL Probably a good choice. :-) BTW, I have not seen an antenna arrangement like that in any pictures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Question for all you painters interested in painting this aircraft:

Do you want every inner surface paintable (i.e. bomb racks, cat walk, bomb bay walls and ceilings all the way back to the tail gunner, tables, seats, racks, shelves, etc.), or shall I do some of those miscellaneous things.

Generally, things inside should be dark and subtle (not highlighted like in pictures with lights to show details).

I want consensus and lack of that will get everything mapped for textures for your brushes. :-)

Thanks in advance for your input.

EDIT: Full disclosure: there are 374 parts in the interior. Some small items I could do for you but the bulk of the items will be yours to paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wrapping up small items here and adding crew throughout. Successfully got the rear gunner, turret gunner, and co-pilot added without issues so will try adding the bombardier now.

I added a no specular shine model to the package and that seems to work great as well.

I removed specular from many of the interior parts making that quite dark, but those dark charcoal textures are temporary.

Will not make much progress Tuesday as I have RW stuff to do.

I hope to wrap up the modeling and mapping by the end of the week, Sunday and release a beta package to you ready for paint, panel gauge work, sounds ( I alias to the Harpoon), effects updates, etc.

I want to add some turret and gunner animations as well this week.
    Curious how people want the nose gun to sit. Usually it is canted to the right (silly looking) when not in use, and not sitting on the bomb sight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-005.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-006.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-007.jpg  

HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-008.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-7-009.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 2