Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 7
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Milton, if it looks right to you after all the work you've done, then that's all good.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Milton, if it looks right to you after all the work you've done, then that's all good.
    I'll post a screenshot Sunday of the canted engine appearance. It made all the difference as I suspected. I just needed to get the mapping done first. Thanks.

EDIT: Here's the screenshot that reflects the canted up engines. You can see a marked difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails canted.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

That does look about right. There is a marked difference. Looks great. Thanks.
    Mark

Milton, just gotta say, BEAUTIFUL bird!

EDIT: My first real repaint, so go easy on me :P
    Last edited by nater; February 26th, 2017 at 04:17.

That does look about right. There is a marked difference. Looks great. Thanks.
    It's an improvement; that's the best I can say. :-)

For all of those who like to get these models looking right, I am with you. But I have to start some place, and decide which way to go, then tweak from there.

Let me just show you some of the 3-view excerpts I have comparing cowlings, nacelles, and gear doors (not to mention windows gear, tails, wings, etc.).

This stuff stops me in my tracks when deciding which to use. None are correct but which set has the most things that look correct. :-)
    Then I choose one and move forward. I can have but one master in modeling. That is me with the 3-view I choose.

Compare the items in the attached .... then you will understand.

What I have modeled is what we get. I do tweak to fix glaring issues, but now that mapping is done, we move forward with what we have and I hope you can appreciate the "likeness" for what it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails compare.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I didn't realise until recently how much of a problem and how inaccurate a 3-view could be. At least my little project doesn't have more than just a couple to pick from.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Milton, just gotta say, BEAUTIFUL bird!

EDIT: My first real repaint, so go easy on me :P
    nater, wow, you are off on a mission I see :-) Keep it going ...

Have you run into any mesh or mapping issues?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Not yet. The only thing that was/is driving me a little crazy, is the fact the the top/bottom part of the fuselage and vertical stabs are not in line with each other. Made for some headaches trying to get things lined up.

Starting to look like something....

Thanks Milton for the great Marauder. I've found some small mesh issues that can only be seen with a dark paint.

The ones between the wings and fuselage can only be seen from below and they are very small.

www.arpaints.weebly.com

LOL Yes, if you get within 3 feet, you will notice a lot of stuff. :-) But, I'll take a look again. I looked earlier and could not see it in gmax.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Exterior Mapping Completed - First Update

Okay, I think I have finished all the mapping on the exterior.

So, I packaged up the updates, uploaded and here is the link.
    Includes engine maps, and inner gear bay doors, gear, antennas, pitots, etc.
    Changes made to fusefront_t to add nose gear bay inner doors, antennas, and gear.

EDIT: I took down the link as I found an issue with the engine smoothing that I cannot resolve without going through the mapping process again.

Give me a few hours to restore the link, after a nap :-)

Thanks for all your interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

All Work and No Play ...

... makes Jack a dull boy.

Time to go flying ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-26-013.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Great work!!!

Any chance of getting the beta to try out some liveries?
    G.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Any chance of getting the beta to try out some liveries?
    G.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Gaucho :-)

Well we are not in beta mode yet but the exterior aircraft is available at the download link above in post# 141.

Feel free to dive in and do your thing :-)

BTW, that was an awesome Marauder 2D panel texture you did over in your thread.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

First Update to the Base Model Release

The Base model and texture templates were released in post # 141. See the download link there if you do not have the base release.

This is the first update to that base release which is required. (i.e. not cumulative)

This update represents the full exterior model completely mapped.

This update includes a model replacement folder (to the base release), a replacement aircraft.cfg file, updated textures (fusefront_t.bmp, tiretreadnew.bmp), and adds new texture templates for the two engine maps.

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download.../b26updt-1.zip

While you are working on these things, I will flesh out the interior, then the VC. That will require a few weeks. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wow Milton, she's looking awesome.

I can see now after looking at the different profiles that you have to work with...it makes things complex. One of those B26s is a later F/G model with a higher wing incidence and more upward canted engines/nacelles. The top one is the early B26. I understand you do have to do the best you can. Thanks :-)
    Mark

Wow Milton, she's looking awesome.

I can see now after looking at the different profiles that you have to work with...it makes things complex. One of those B26s is a later F/G model with a higher wing incidence and more upward canted engines/nacelles. The top one is the early B26. I understand you do have to do the best you can. Thanks :-)
    Thanks Mark. Yes, aware of the early model differences and when things changed. I have several other 3-views that were off too. Just gotta do whatcha gotta do, I reckon. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

What about Marauder cockpit??

Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    What about Marauder cockpit??
    Hi ksw. Ah yes, the Marauder had a very nice cockpit.

This project is still in development and I will start working on the virtual cockpit tomorrow. I want to flesh out the bomb bay a bit before I get into that endeavor. The releases here are for the painters to get started, although anyone is welcome to download and try it. No Panel, no sounds (they can be aliased to other aircraft), no textures, temporary everything else.

By the way folks, this project covers the B-10 thru the C-55 series aircraft. The rear bomb bay doors were non-functional on this model. The doors are there, but animations have been removed saving that possibility for an earlier model should I do one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,
    Just seen a good shot of the cockpit...what did the co-pilot do for rudder pedals in an emergency??
    Andy.

This is looking brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    Just seen a good shot of the cockpit...what did the co-pilot do for rudder pedals in an emergency??
    Andy.

This is looking brilliant!
    Simple, he flipped out these little doohickeys on either side and mashed on them like crazy. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails copilotpedals.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Found some better pics of 'The Big Hairy Bird' so I restarted it....

Milton,
    I did notice though on the rudder that the rudder itself is not cut out from the vert. stab. So when the rudder is deflected, the rudder has the same mapping as the rest of the vert. stab.

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Found some better pics of 'The Big Hairy Bird' so I restarted it....

Milton,
    I did notice though on the rudder that the rudder itself is not cut out from the vert. stab. So when the rudder is deflected, the rudder has the same mapping as the rest of the vert. stab.
    That was intentional; I rarely, if ever, pull the rudder back and map separately even though the rudder's leading edge recedes into the vtail about 2". See if you can work with that as a change would impact other painter's progress as well.

EDIT: I should also add that painting across the vtail and rudder would become more difficult if I separated them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

It doesn't bother me in the slightest Milton. Just thought you might be interested.

Hi,
    Yeah, I was just testing
    Andy.

Members who have read this thread: 2