Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 4
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Building these engines from scratch by necessity. It is painstakingly slow since there is no real 3-view help on these engines aside from general size .... :-) Requires a lot of picture reference and do and redo. This represents 5 hours work but things are starting to look right on the cowling. Just getting started on this and much to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enginestart.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Just an update on cowling and intakes progress. I think I have it pretty close now. Chunked in some props at the appropriate size (13.5') to see if it could stand up to scrutiny.

Now on to the nacelles ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-13-001.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-13-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-13-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Beautiful work as always Milton.That is going to be one fine beastie of fun.

Blog Entries
    I must've been asleep against a log cabin the woods. I swear I didn't see this thread. I love the Marauder. It is an aircraft they called a Widow Maker but proved itself over and over again in combat scenarios. It was tough and would bring it's crew home under some terrible situations. I think the early Marauder had some flight and landing issues that were addressed by lengthening the wings and reinforcing the landing gear. Thanks Milton...this is gonna be awesome.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Koku-fan drawings

Milton sorry I'm late to this post, but the b-26 is my favorite bomber and I am flying most of your planes. So I thought I'd try to be helpful. I have B-26 drawings from KOKU-FAN Magazine I could give you. There's 1 three view and 6 profiles. Don't know if I'm too late ,but they are available.
    Thanks for the B-26.
    BUD

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Beautiful work as always Milton.That is going to be one fine beastie of fun.
    Thank you Sir; let's hope so :-)

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I must've been asleep against a log cabin the woods. I swear I didn't see this thread. I love the Marauder. It is an aircraft they called a Widow Maker but proved itself over and over again in combat scenarios. It was tough and would bring it's crew home under some terrible situations. I think the early Marauder had some flight and landing issues that were addressed by lengthening the wings and reinforcing the landing gear. Thanks Milton...this is gonna be awesome.
    Ted
    Ted, the early and fast B-26 was loved in the Pacific by the experienced pilots; they kicked butt with it. In Florida training school, inexperienced pilots and instructors new to the aircraft, and inexperienced maintenance crews combined for disaster. Yes, changes were made mostly to accommodate that lack of experience due to trainer, pilot and crew shortages in the ramp up for the war. Martin did well addressing this but succumbed to ever-demanding increases in weight for bombs, equipment, and protection slowing the aircraft considerably. This really makes the case for modeling the early version, but I moan to think about redoing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BUDSCH View Post
    Milton sorry I'm late to this post, but the b-26 is my favorite bomber and I am flying most of your planes. So I thought I'd try to be helpful. I have B-26 drawings from KOKU-FAN Magazine I could give you. There's 1 three view and 6 profiles. Don't know if I'm too late ,but they are available.
    Thanks for the B-26.
    BUD
    Happy to have whatever you have to offer Bud. Mostly done with the exterior body part shapes but there may be new insights available in your gift. You can zip them up and post here as others may be interested. Thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wrapping up the wing and parts and finally got the nacelle shaped and flap married to the nacelle sides.

Still a few more things to do yet with lights and intakes. Then on to the gear doors and gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-13-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-13-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-13-005.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Starting to take shape nicely, Milton. For as basic as she still is, she already has the look of a Marauder. I really enjoy and appreciate being able to watch your progress on the ol' gal, and the amount of attention to detail and effort you're putting into this project. But that's basically true for all your missions, Chief.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thank you Sir; I try to do as much as I can get away with in FS9. :-)

Just been viewing the 360 degree walk-a-round in the B-26 Museum. Nice interior views everywhere except the nose. :-)/

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/z-028.html
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If ever there is a Bomber to be made , it is this one , the modelling is simply superb , great thing is the amount of interest even only for the possible textures, the way these were knocked around , biggest thing is really strapping two whooping great P-47 motors on it , It would have to be one of the most meaning full aircraft with the rakish looks as well ... every man and his FS dog is going to want this one !

Absolutely a brilliant Choice Milton , strangely I even created a Marauder painting simply ... cos they are so pretty , this is one I will be very much looking forward to .

B-26 drawings

Milton thought that someone may find these useful. They are from KOKU-FAN September 1994. I'm not to computer literate so I hope this works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B26.jpg   B26 3D.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BUDSCH View Post
    Milton thought that someone may find these useful. They are from KOKU-FAN September 1994. I'm not to computer literate so I hope this works.
    Thank you Bud; may be useful if I do a different variant.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If you've got even more time and motivation to spare, an otional WASP crew could be a great tribute.

Or just a picture of Betty Gardner posted somewhere in the cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    If you've got even more time and motivation to spare, an otional WASP crew could be a great tribute.

Or just a picture of Betty Gardner posted somewhere in the cockpit.
    Now that would be awesome but I will be poly constrained, and you can't skimp on polys when doing WWII pilots justice.

Now, a picture ... maybe a picture holder, for those who would like to plug in their favorite beau? Possibility.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Whew; a long tedious day trying to get the cowl flaps, nacelle, oil cooler flap, exhaust ports, and gear doors and gear bay done. Not because it is difficult but because of lack of good reference pics and inaccurate or inconsistent 3-views, so invested a lot of time having to research each and every item as I progressed. A few hinges and actuating rods to add before I start the gear, but we are moving forward.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-15-020.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wow, talk about progress. You're going gangbusters on this one. Of course, I realize things slow down once it's time to work on the interior due to all of the details. Still, both the work and the progress are impressive.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Whew; a long tedious day trying to get the cowl flaps, nacelle, oil cooler flap, exhaust ports, and gear doors and gear bay done. Not because it is difficult but because of lack of good reference pics and inaccurate or inconsistent 3-views, so invested a lot of time having to research each and every item as I progressed. A few hinges and actuating rods to add before I start the gear, but we are moving forward.
    That's an AWESOME day's work, Sir! :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

That is Awesome with a capital A!!

The Marauder had a high landing speed of 125-130 mph, and about the same for takeoff, according to a B-26 training film I watched on Youtube, link here..https://youtu.be/yfppmUhiG34
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Wow, talk about progress. You're going gangbusters on this one. Of course, I realize things slow down once it's time to work on the interior due to all of the details. Still, both the work and the progress are impressive.
    Thanks Ken; yes, retirement and 7AM to 10PM modeling work days help a lot :-) , with all the appropriate breaks in between. Gotta get this one done before the A-20 Havoc and XP-54 guys break out with their finished products, That'll slow me down, and for good cause. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    That's an AWESOME day's work, Sir! :-)
    Thank you Sir; gotta keep busy here ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    That is Awesome with a capital A!!

Let's hope it meets expectations and that there will be interest once the WIP package is released for it to get done. Remember, I am looking to the membership to produce the sounds, textures, gauges, effects for this one. I think Fliger will do the FM but that is not in concrete yet. If not, I will produce the best I can as a starting point.

The Marauder had a high landing speed of 125-130 mph, and about the same for takeoff, according to a B-26 training film I watched on Youtube, link here..https://youtu.be/yfppmUhiG34
    Yes, thanks. Watched this several times and is a good overview of it all.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thought I'd look up from the A-20 long enough to admire the continuing excellence of your work sir...as usual marvelous modelling!

Now that would be awesome but I will be poly constrained, and you can't skimp on polys when doing WWII pilots justice.

Now, a picture ... maybe a picture holder, for those who would like to plug in their favorite beau? Possibility.
    Low-poly crew is just fine.

Yep, a picture holder is what I had in mind.

Still... a young lady like the one pictured above sitting in the left seat of that Marauder, I get white knuckles just thinking about it.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Thought I'd look up from the A-20 long enough to admire the continuing excellence of your work sir...as usual marvelous modelling!
    Ha! Caught ya! LOL Thank you Sir :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Low-poly crew is just fine.

Yep, a picture holder is what I had in mind.
    Can do :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Still... a young lady like the one pictured above sitting in the left seat of that Marauder, I get white knuckles just thinking about it.

BB686
    Oh Tom; you are so weak-kneed sometimes. That's somebody's great grandmother now. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, finally got the left side wing, cowling and nacelle done so I cloned it all for the right side. After an hour of re-orienting all the pivots, we got the flaps, trim, ailerons, gear doors, and cowl flaps working properly. Also got all the empennage pivots going the right way; we are cooking now.

Now we are in the sim for export testing and checking things over generally.

We got us a hovercraft!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-15-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-15-006.jpg   firstflight.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-feb-15-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 2