Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 29
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1921222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

A couple of questions

I was just wondering...

1. is there a paint kit available for the Marauder?

2. does the FS9 model support shine/reflections via the alpha channel of textures. The bare metal textures I've seen so far seem rather dull.

Cheers

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    I was just wondering...

1. is there a paint kit available for the Marauder?

2. does the FS9 model support shine/reflections via the alpha channel of textures. The bare metal textures I've seen so far seem rather dull.

Cheers

Taff
    1) Paint kits: browse down 1/3 of page:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

2) Yes, just look at some of the released paints to see.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Too late, Milton was already too quick

Duckie did some very nice paintkits and here are the links:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rauder-PSP-zip

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rauder-PSD-zip

Next time I will try to be a bit faster...
    Huub

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I have a couple of repaints in mind, ironically both camo versions but you never know ;-)

Taff

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Too late, Milton was already too quick

Duckie did some very nice paintkits and here are the links:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rauder-PSP-zip

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rauder-PSD-zip

Next time I will try to be a bit faster...
    Huub
    Huub, will you be doing any paints with a more weathered appearance for this aircraft?

I'm with downwind. Some weathered paints would be great Huub!

Huub,

You are the man!

We all know you just laid back to give this old man time to get in here to respond.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you gentelmen for a great B-26. iI have been flying it around the Guadalcanal area from 50ft up to 21000ft practicing bombing runs on Rennell Island up to Vella la Vella and back to Henderson Field. I have been using the utube video how to fly the B-26 to get performance numbers with good results. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into bringing this all together into this great package.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Huub, will you be doing any paints with a more weathered appearance for this aircraft?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    I'm with downwind. Some weathered paints would be great Huub!
    Sorry, but the Marauder is not yet on my (already far to long) to-do-list. There are quite some beautiful weathered repaints done for the FSX version and I intend to convert a few of these repaints for my own use Similar to what rgatkinson and adiazcay did (see images in the screenshot thread).

The "Milton" product closest to the top of my to-do-list is something fictional for the XP-47/72, I have already planned for a very long time. But even this project has not yet reached the top.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Thank you gentelmen for a great B-26. iI have been flying it around the Guadalcanal area from 50ft up to 21000ft practicing bombing runs on Rennell Island up to Vella la Vella and back to Henderson Field. I have been using the utube video how to fly the B-26 to get performance numbers with good results. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into bringing this all together into this great package.
    On behalf of the members who contributed, you are welcome Westjet.

Sounds like you are really enjoying this one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I was just wondering...

Taff
    On my rig some of the silver textures seem almost too shiny and bright; just bit more so and I would've felt compelled to dull them down a some.

Do you have reflections turned on in your FS9 settings?

If so, perhaps you need a better enviro bitmap file. The stock one doesn't make shiny things very shiny, which is why there are so many replacements available for it. I can't suggest a specific one because it's been so many years that I haven't any idea where I got the one I'm using or who made it.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I have a couple of repaints in mind, ironically both camo versions but you never know ;-)

Taff
    Please limber up your spray gun! Especially if you can do weathering and war-weariness! We need skins like that! All mine look like they just arrived in the combat zone last week.

I have converted some nice weathered skins from the FSX release (three, not all of them,) and a few FSX and P3D add-ons (four I think.) I just sent out some PMs asking permission to post them.

Got a positive reply from Duckie already! Waiting to hear back from Martial Feron and Joe (Butcherbird17).

Got an OK from Joe now too.

As soon as I hear from Martial I will try to pack them up and upload them.
    Last edited by Mick; February 12th, 2018 at 07:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I have converted some nice weathered skins from the FSX release (three, not all of them,) and a few FSX and P3D add-ons (four I think.) I just sent out some PMs asking permission to post them.

Got a positive reply from Duckie already! Waiting to hear back from Martial Feron and Joe (Butcherbird17).
    Hey Mick,

PM sent. Here are a few pics for JYAI's Marauder for Matching Green to show off. These can also be converted for the FS9 crowd if
    they want them once I upload them. Still some work to be done on them before that happens. I also gave the stock paints the same
    treatment just need permission from John to upload.

Joe

P.S. These are taken in P3Dv4 so don't mind the shadows the the AI models are casting.
    Also you should hear all these radials running by using the sounds that come with the flyable a/c as soundai.

I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Got an OK from Joe now too.

As soon as I hear from Martial I will try to pack them up and upload them.
    Some Great news Mick.....

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Hey Mick,
    PM sent. Here are a few pics for JYAI's Marauder for Matching Green to show off. These can also be converted for the FS9 crowd if
    they want them once I upload them. Still some work to be done on them before that happens. I also gave the stock paints the same
    treatment just need permission from John to upload.
    Joe
    P.S. These are taken in P3Dv4 so don't mind the shadows the the AI models are casting.
    Also you should hear all these radials running by using the sounds that come with the flyable a/c as soundai.
    Those look great!

On my rig some of the silver textures seem almost too shiny and bright; just bit more so and I would've felt compelled to dull them down a some.

Do you have reflections turned on in your FS9 settings?

If so, perhaps you need a better enviro bitmap file. The stock one doesn't make shiny things very shiny, which is why there are so many replacements available for it. I can't suggest a specific one because it's been so many years that I haven't any idea where I got the one I'm using or who made it.
    Cheers Mick,

I'll take a look at what you suggest and see if it improves things.

As for dirty repaints - I'll try but it's hard to get them looking just right. I guess that's what separates the mere painters from true artists and I'm definitely the former not the latter :-(

Taff

... I guess that's what separates the mere painters from true artists and I'm definitely the former not the latter :-(
    Taff
    Yep, me too!

OK, Steve, Joe and Marty have all graciously granted permission to convert their skins to FS9 format and add them to the library. They have all gone up the pipe and will appear on the download list as soon as Rami does his bit.

All three of those guys have painted many more skins that are well worth converting, and as time goes on I may convert some others. But the task gets sort of tedious after a couple skins, so for now I'll settle for what I have (though I suspect I will do some more before I'm through.)

I now have more B-26 skins than I'll ever fly the plane in, and now I have what I've wished for all along - some good, weathered, combat-worn skins that depict the planes as they looked after many wartime missions. I may never fly any of my own skins now, except maybe the pre-war ones!

A big Thank You to Steve, Joe and Marty!

Blog Entries
    A big Thank You to Steve, Joe and Marty!
    ...and a big THANK YOU to you too Mick, for your conversions and all of your Martin paints.

Keep 'em Flying in FS9,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    ...and a big THANK YOU to you too Mick, for your conversions and all of your Martin paints.
    Keep 'em Flying in FS9,
    John
    You're very welcome, John.

I couldn't resist one more conversion. It's been uploaded and will be available when Rami gets a chance to do his librarian thing.

Thanks Mick and the artists who made these skins possible for fs9, and this fantastic aircraft from Milton and collaborators.

I appreciate your efforts Mick; saved me the time to do that for my personal rides in FS9.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I appreciate your efforts Mick; saved me the time to do that for my personal rides in FS9.
    You're more than welcome! And thanks again for the model!

I was tempted to do all of them, but it gets sort of tedious after the first few. Especially since I have twenty-nine skins now. They should hold me for a while. i'm happy to have a good selection of skins now that don't look like they just arrived in the combat zone last week. I'll probably be more likely to fly in them than the ones I painted myself.

Well, I sent a PM to jankees, asking permission to upload some of its textures, and he agreed.

But when I try to upload the first of them, a 13 MB file, I get an error
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ErrorUpload.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	58136

I've repeated the procedure three times with the same result. If the maximum is 510 MB... is there any requirement that I've miss?

Members who have read this thread: 2