Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 28
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Quote Originally Posted by adiazcay View Post
    Hello, Milton

One thing i've noticed: the walls of the cockpit show at a lower resolution that other elements (for example, the radio-navigator place or the first aid box). Is nothing showstopper, but I can not understand this difference, having in account that the texture file has no mipmaps...

Here is a screenshot. Regards.
    Thanks for the comment.

The interior cockpit, fuseinnermid and fuseinnerrear bmps are all the same resolution. Looking back to the mid section appears better because you are viewing from a distance.

I mapped all the interior on the same scale. Unfortunately in FS9, we are limited to 1024X1024 bmps.
    In FSX, they look a lot better as we are using much larger textures.

We do not use mipmaps for the interior textures as you are never far enough away for them to kick in. Even so, at 1024 as your largest, there would be no improvement that I know of.

With that said, I have never tried using a 4096 or 2048 with mips in FS9 although I know without mips, they will crash the sim.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    With that said, I have never tried using a 4096 or 2048 with mips in FS9 although I know without mips, they will crash the sim.
    IIRC, they will load the mip from a 2048 or larger bmp at 1024 anyway, so the larger file size and larger mips are superfluous.

Someone way back in the thread here or FSX asked for variants with no gun pods and one gun pod.

Interestingly, there have been no paints for these variants.

EDIT: I found teh request in teh FSX original thread.

But, if anyone has paint schemes for the No pods, or 1 pod versions, and would like to share a couple for the Gold release, that would be nice.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 28th, 2018 at 19:46.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Someone way back in the thread here or FSX asked for variants with no gun pods and one gun pod.
    Interestingly, there have been no paints for these variants.
    ...But, if anyone has paint schemes for the No pods, or 1 pod versions, and would like to share a couple for the Gold release, that would be nice.
    Well, my skins for the early planes are appropriate for no gun pods. I'm thinking of the pre-war and early 1942 skins. You're more than welcome to include any of them, but alas, they are completely appropriate for the model, which depicts a later version of the plane with all those differences, some rather noticeable to sharp-eyed Marauder aficionados.

For my own copy, I used the no pods model for all the early skins and the podded models for the later ones. In some cases I was able to determine from reference photo whether to use one or two pods, but in many cases it was difficult or impossible to tell, since the nacelles tend to obscure the pods in side views, which are often the only views of a particular plane. It's especially hard to tell if there's one pod or two.

It's tempting to make a general rule, something like B-26, B-26A no pods; B-26C one pod; B-26F and G two pods, or something like that, but I don't think it was that systematic. I suspect that planes built without pods got them later as field mods, and perhaps some planes built with them may have lost them, since the Marauder was seldom used for the kind of low level work where they would've been most useful. Lots of uncertainty there!

My later skins depict Marauder versions more appropriate for the model, but my assignment of the pods to those skins is largely guesswork.

Except for the very earliest ones, what I have on my Marauder variants is largely guesswork. But I sure like 'em anyway!

I have been flying around in the "no pods" bird with your(Mick's)skins.This is my favorite one.
    Milton?Could you please consider including it in the final release?No problem if you don't,I'll just add it later.

Joel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01081801.jpg  

All the models will be released; I just did not have textures specifically for the 1 pod and no-pods models.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Gunpods - 0, 1 or 2

FWIW

Squadron Signal 210 "B-26 Marauder in Action" suggests...

Gun Pods arrived with the B-26B-10-MA

"Whilst most 8th & 9th AF B-26s did not touch the package guns, many bomb groups serving with the 12th AF had either 2 or all 4 machine guns removed as field mods."

So, depends on which AF you're flying for. As always, best reference is a photo...

Hope this snippet helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    FWIW
    Squadron Signal 210 "B-26 Marauder in Action" suggests...
    Gun Pods arrived with the B-26B-10-MA
    "Whilst most 8th & 9th AF B-26s did not touch the package guns, many bomb groups serving with the 12th AF had either 2 or all 4 machine guns removed as field mods."
    So, depends on which AF you're flying for. As always, best reference is a photo...
    Hope this snippet helps a little.
    Good find! I have the book but didn't recall reading that. It explains the one-pod configuration, which had me scratching my head, as I hadn't previously noticed it in photos; I'd thought that there were none or two. Apparently they were built with none or two but some 12th AF planes wound up with one.

I think my skin-to-model assignments are due for some editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Good find! I have the book but didn't recall reading that. It explains the one-pod configuration, which had me scratching my head, as I hadn't previously noticed it in photos; I'd thought that there were none or two. Apparently they were built with none or two but some 12th AF planes wound up with one.

I think my skin-to-model assignments are due for some editing.
    Mick,

Let me know if I need to make changes to the package assignments, or if you wish to add/replace any textures in the package.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Mick,

Did you ever do a correction for the right wing alpha channel for the Free French livery?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-feb-5-010.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

FS9 B-26 Marauder Gold Release Now Available

FS9 Gold Release of the B-26 Marauder is now posted.

Thanks to Mick for allowing us to highlight his textures for the release.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed over the past year to make this possible.

You can find the download here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5&linkid=23357
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Lightbulb

It was worth the wait
    Congrats to the team !

Mick,
    Did you ever do a correction for the right wing alpha channel for the Free French livery?
    I didn't make the correction earlier because I wasn't aware of the need for it. I wish I'd known earlier. This is what I get for spending all my hobby time painting and fiddling instead of flying!

I think most folks here are too gracious to feel comfortable pointing out errors like that, but I'd rather hear about it and get it fixed.

Or maybe you're the only one who ever looked at it closely enough to notice the flaw.

Anyway, I made it just now and the corrected skin is now on the download list, or will be as soon as Rami does his bit to approve it.

Thanks for the heads up!
    And of course, thanks for the outstanding Marauder!

Thanks Mick; was going to include FrFr but decided not to so you could have a chance to correct that alpha issue.

I really appreciate all your liveries for the package; great stuff!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Marauder party!
    Thank yous to all involved! WORTH IT!

Joel

I really appreciate all your liveries for the package; great stuff!
    Excellent work on those paints Mick, I like the factory fresh look, they all could be "restored aircraft"... or on the prowl for the first go. Accurate "heavy airplane" feel, SUPERB WORK BY ALL INVOLVED.

Cheers -- BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

What a beauty

Absolutely amazing. A huge thank you to all those involved in bringing this classic aircraft to life in FS9 (and FSX) and all for FREE as well!

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Excellent work on those paints Mick, I like the factory fresh look, they all could be "restored aircraft"... or on the prowl for the first go. Accurate "heavy airplane" feel, SUPERB WORK BY ALL INVOLVED.
    Cheers -- BB686
    Well, "on the prowl for the first go," or at least early in their combat careers, is how I think of them. That's why you won't see a lot of mission counter markings on any of them, or more weathering than the bit of slightly grimy patina provided by the paint kit. (Because I can't do weathering worth swat!)

I see that some of the FSX guys have painted some more weathered and combat worn skins, and I've converted the external texture files of the ones I like best to FS9 format for myself.

From my fiddling, it appears that FSX skins convert easily with the usual flip and resize procedure, but the Prepar3D / P4D ones have some slight differences in the location of some of the "subsidiary" bits on a couple of the textures, so it's necessary to copy the external parts from the originals to an FS9 file so the little bits will stay the same.

Maybe when I'm not so pressed for time (Hah! When does that ever happen?) I'll ask permission to add my FS9 conversions to the library.

Gads!! To say this aircraft is superb really does not do it justice. A BIG thank you and well done!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

B-26 Marauder

Hallo Milton and Team,

thank you for this ship,
    as you continue your work in the same way I will need a new pc to get place of these mervellous birds. LOL.
    Yes there is now an important US bomber collection on my pc done by you.
    What be the next to come?
    Thank you

Yours
    Papi

B-26 Marauder Luftwaffe

Hallo Mick,

I did see some photos about an B-26 that made a belly landing at Gilze Rijn in 1942.
    It was than repared and flown by the Luftwaffe.
    Did you almost do this paint?
    It seems to me that I have seen a Luftwaffe Marauder here on this site - I'm not sure and doesn't find it anymore
    Yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Mick,

I did see some photos about an B-26 that made a belly landing at Gilze Rijn in 1942.
    It was than repared and flown by the Luftwaffe.
    Did you almost do this paint?
    It seems to me that I have seen a Luftwaffe Marauder here on this site - I'm not sure and doesn't find it anymore
    Yours
    Papi
    Hallo Michael,

No I didn't paint that plane. If you saw it here in the past, perhaps someone painted it for the Dave Eckert B-26, or maybe some CFS2 model.

Horus said = Marauder party!
    Thank yous to all involved! WORTH IT!

Joel

Blackbird686 said = Excellent work on those paints Mick, I like the factory fresh look, they all could be "restored aircraft"... or on the prowl for the first go. Accurate "heavy airplane" feel, SUPERB WORK BY ALL INVOLVED.

rgatkinson said = Absolutely amazing. A huge thank you to all those involved in bringing this classic aircraft to life in FS9 (and FSX) and all for FREE as well!

stoney said =Gads!! To say this aircraft is superb really does not do it justice. A BIG thank you and well done!

My Reply:

On behalf of the community team, thank you all for publicly showing appreciation ... you are now "Paid in full" :-)

Let's not forget the contributors:

Tom Falley, Martial Feron, Steve Bryant, William Ellis, Greenhouse357, Pierre-Jean Carosin, Nigel Richards. Original Pilot figures by Jan Visser. Camera views by Joe Cusick. Radios by Richard "Real_Old_Salt" Murray. Thanks to "Gaucho_59" for the OH trimwheel textures. Scott Thomas for the original gauge inventory.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Guys!! Another good reason for flying FS2004....

Blog Entries
    FS9 Gold Release of the B-26 Marauder is now posted.
    A sincere thank you to Milton, and all the contributors to the Martin B-26 package for the hard work building
    and putting this project together. The interior painting by Ferondoe and Wellis is superb. I especially like how
    the vc01_L.bmp is designed to allow night lightingfor any gauge layout without having to modify the
    vc01_L bitmap.

The pod/nopods model options, along with the JM model, allow for a wide number of Marauder versions,
    including Mick's excellent early B-26 paints.

Thanks again to the entire crew for an outstanding contribution to the FS2004 community.

Keep 'em flying in FS9,
    John

Members who have read this thread: 0