Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 20
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Working away but having some problems with mapping... I think I started with a bad one.... wings did not match...
    but here is my progress... need to blend in the engines, etc. and smooth out the junctures of some parts...

G.
    As I said when you mentioned this before, if you can provide details with a picture describing what you are seeing, I will fix it. You did not reply to that request so here we are ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Also noticed that the outboard interior wall of the left engine...is off too high... and have to place it right by trial and error... really a pity... so much work
    I am not sure I am using the latest texture templates.. though... let me know which one you are using....

Tschuesss...
    G.
    I have no clue what you are referring to but if you could provide a screenshot with explanation ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Here are a couple of shots....

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have no clue what you are referring to but if you could provide a screenshot with explanation ...

the black gaps indicate where the mapping is off (the textured area needs to be lowered... I can do it in steps until it's in the correct position though)

Thanks in advance
    G.

Gaucho,

That's a mess! It's also confusing to me as I would never intentionally upload anything with these issues.

I also apologize in advance for causing any issues for painters. I strive hard to make these templates as painter-friendly as I can.

Let me show you what I see here in FS9 and in gmax.

EDIT: Just to be sure we are in sync, I am attaching the model folders, 2048 templates, and sim textures (1024 32bit) for you to compare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-apr-10-014.jpg   ms-2017-apr-10-015.jpg   ms-2017-apr-10-016.jpg   ms-2017-apr-10-017.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Gaucho,

Here are some screen shots of the under-wing area you showed, here in FS9. I am not seeing the issues here as you described so I am perplexed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-apr-11-029.jpg   ms-2017-apr-11-030.jpg   ms-2017-apr-11-031.jpg   ms-2017-apr-11-032.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Here is my take...

[QUOTE=Milton Shupe;1077138]Gaucho,

Here are some screen shots of the under-wing area you showed, here in FS9. I am not seeing the issues here as you described so I am perplexed.[/QUOTE

I painted the area marked as inside wall... in detail... if instead I had painted it a single color... the mismatch would not be seen...
    However, if ribs and lightening wholes are painted in what is marked as the side wall area... then it shows...
    in other words... the fact that the zinc chromate detailing with ribs and lightening holes are matched in the other engine... means the area for the side wall
    in the mismatched engine needs to come down quite a bit... ergo: the two engine mappings are not exactly alike..... of course if a greater area is painted a flat color... it won't be noticed...
    actually, in the right engine... I moved a bit at a time, until I got it to almost match the edge of the door...
    the same applies to all the other marked areas...in the exterior view.... but there.. it is solved easily by painting beyond the limits of the marked texture contours...
    otherwise... the juncture of the different textures shows a gap... in the wings... there are some mismatches too... but they are easily covered by painting beyond the limits...
    notice the black areas on the oil coolers.. in one engine... it means the marked area is a bit off to one side... if you paint just that area... the black shows... easy to solve...
    I am not familiar with the technique used to place the different parts of a texture in the mapping of specific areas.. so I can't figure what makes them be in the wrong place...

When I get those little glitches solved... I will make the corrected textures available...

Thanks for the searching...
    G.

Blog Entries

Another question....

just one more question... The model I am working with does not have a misc. texture template...
    and misc. texture template I have is just a single flat color... no marked areas
    and... I'm starting to act like a Bedouin... (one question becomes more and more... lol)
    but the crew textures... where do they go?.... in the regular texture folder? I have them in different folder... but they don't show...
    I think that the model I am used might have not been a finalized one...

G.

[QUOTE=gaucho_59;1077148]
    Gaucho,

Here are some screen shots of the under-wing area you showed, here in FS9. I am not seeing the issues here as you described so I am perplexed.[/QUOTE

I painted the area marked as inside wall... in detail... if instead I had painted it a single color... the mismatch would not be seen...
    However, if ribs and lightening wholes are painted in what is marked as the side wall area... then it shows...
    in other words... the fact that the zinc chromate detailing with ribs and lightening holes are matched in the other engine... means the area for the side wall
    in the mismatched engine needs to come down quite a bit... ergo: the two engine mappings are not exactly alike..... of course if a greater area is painted a flat color... it won't be noticed...
    actually, in the right engine... I moved a bit at a time, until I got it to almost match the edge of the door...
    the same applies to all the other marked areas...in the exterior view.... but there.. it is solved easily by painting beyond the limits of the marked texture contours...
    otherwise... the juncture of the different textures shows a gap... in the wings... there are some mismatches too... but they are easily covered by painting beyond the limits...
    notice the black areas on the oil coolers.. in one engine... it means the marked area is a bit off to one side... if you paint just that area... the black shows... easy to solve...
    I am not familiar with the technique used to place the different parts of a texture in the mapping of specific areas.. so I can't figure what makes them be in the wrong place...

When I get those little glitches solved... I will make the corrected textures available...

Thanks for the searching...
    G.
    Gaucho,

Just to clarify, first, the starboard engine cowl/nacelle model is a copy and mirrored version of the port engine model. That's where the similarity ends.

They are mapped separately, not a mirror mapping. If you are trying to flip the textures from one engine to the other, that will not work. The eng0 and eng1 are completely different maps with parts in different locations.

If you want to copy the textures to the other engine, then yes, you will have to hand-place them.

The texture maps are placed to the .001 meter accuracy so I understand the difficulty. If I were to mirror the mapping and textures, of course, any text or graphics would be reversed so I never mirror textures.

In mapping the engine, there are around 12-14 individual maps each with their own coordinates. Trying to copy those coordinates (x3) to precisely place the 2nd engine maps is very difficult to do, and at times, gmax will not allow me to see those coordinates to copy.

Anyhow, maybe this helps.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

just one more question... The model I am working with does not have a misc. texture template...
    and misc. texture template I have is just a single flat color... no marked areas
    and... I'm starting to act like a Bedouin... (one question becomes more and more... lol)
    but the crew textures... where do they go?.... in the regular texture folder? I have them in different folder... but they don't show...
    I think that the model I am used might have not been a finalized one...

G.
    If you are using FS9, there should be no common texture folder.

The misc.bmp is a common texture for all livery folders in FS9, as are others like glass_t, tire and wheel textures, pilot textures (a26_xxx), etc.

Only the fuselage, wings, tails, and engines are unique. So, propagate those common textures to all your livery texture folders.

There are no templates for some things like engine faces, tire and wheels, glass, etc. Those are textures that are applied to the parts, not textures that were a derivative of the mapping process.

There have not been multiple update releases of the FS9 version. The original package and the small update I posted yesterday is it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Gaucho-Make sure you are not just copying everything from one engine to the other as they are not exactly mapped the same. It looks like that seems to be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Gaucho-Make sure you are not just copying everything from one engine to the other as they are not exactly mapped the same. It looks like that seems to be the problem.
    Yep, have to agree with nater here. The left - right wings and eng-1 and eng-0 are NOT mirrored copies of each other, so texturing one sheet and copying it to the other will NOT line up. A line up test of the latest updated texture sheets shows that the individual mapping lines up perfectly with the textures it is mapping (eng_0 to eng_0, etc). However, it will NOT line up if attempting to, for example, copy "eng_0" textures, and paste to "eng_1".

If your method is to copy from one sheet to the other, you will, indeed, as commented above, have to make incremental positioning adjustments to get them to line up.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Is this thing dying on the vine? How are the exterior paints coming? Show us your progress please. :-)

Is anyone working on interior textures?

Is anyone texturing up a panel or doing gauge work?

Just curious :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Is this thing dying on the vine? How are the exterior paints coming? Show us your progress please. :-)

Is anyone working on interior textures?

Is anyone texturing up a panel or doing gauge work?

Just curious :-)
    Hello Milton here is another version

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post

More pictures

Oh, WOW Marty! That is a very nice rendition; well done Sir!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    More pictures
    Exquisite Ferondoe! I would love to see those uploaded.

Hasn't died Milton....just been busy with work so I haven't had a chance lately.....Off tomorrow and Wednesday though, so I should be able to get something done......That is if the wifey hasn't got other plans for me.....

Milton,
    So I have started on the interior.....but.....is there any way to increase the resolution of the cockpit area? I know that means redoing the texture mapping, but it seems that the resolution it is at right now, is just not cutting it. The fabric that is used to cover some things next to the pilots head etc, just look like a blob of color, with no real definition....

Milton,
    So I have started on the interior.....but.....is there any way to increase the resolution of the cockpit area? I know that means redoing the texture mapping, but it seems that the resolution it is at right now, is just not cutting it. The fabric that is used to cover some things next to the pilots head etc, just look like a blob of color, with no real definition....
    Before I could invest the hours necessary, it would be helpful to know if others have already painted it. Hate to undo what others may have completed. Maybe they could speak up here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Totally understand.

Wow... That is a BEAUTY!!!

Before I could invest the hours necessary, it would be helpful to know if others have already painted it. Hate to undo what others may have completed. Maybe they could speak up here.
    Ok Milton, I think I have might of found a work around.....I will keep you posted...

Here is what I have so far....

Ok Milton, I think I have might of found a work around.....I will keep you posted...
    Ah, that would be great Nader; thank you :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here is what I have so far....

Great; hope this works for you. I like to keep the details in the cockpit "in the background", subtle, quiet, so as not to jump out at you. Lots of shading in lower areas, corners, and underneath things. It should not draw attention away from the primary functions and focus. Good to see some activity inside. Thank you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 2