Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 18
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Milton, question.....where are the exhaust pipes mapped?

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Milton, question.....where are the exhaust pipes mapped?
    The exhaust pipes are located on the eng0_t.bmp, center top between the left and bottom sides of the nacelle as shown in the attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eng0_t.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

ok...Thanks!

Working on the engine nacelles now....slowly getting there....

Bare metal version....be aware, I have not added the alpha channel yet on the bare metal version...

Nater, great looking progress there Sir Looking forward to flying your work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Nater, great looking progress there Sir Looking forward to flying your work.

Indeed! I am also looking forward to it (once I start flying again )

Milton - I just sent you an email...

Thanks Milton for a excellent model to do my first repaints on!

Sorry, wrong forum thread.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

FSX Native Marauder in the Works ...

Well, it has taken me a few days to get my head around the FSX SDK and get the setup working right, but have since been focused on getting the Marauder converted to FSX native.

Wrapping up the exterior model today, then I'll go inside to test that. All animations and materials/textures are now FSX native for those of you interested.

I'll probably be a few more days cleaning up loose ends but will release this the same way as I did the FS9 version.

I may also use this as a test bed for 3D gauges depending on timing with other projects.

Tom Falley has also provided an excellent FSX native flight model for this one. Thank you Fliger!

EDIT: I should also add that since this is a WIP release, there will be one model without spec and bump maps, and one with. That should help the painters to evolve their work.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention, the mapping for the FSX native model is the same as the FS9 model.

EDIT3: Okay, got all the FSX native VC animations done, tagged and working and things cleaned up to about where the FS9 model is. A few tweaks needed. I will have a painters version ready in a few hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2017-mar-29-004.jpg   ms-2017-mar-29-006.jpg   ms-2017-mar-29-007.jpg   ms-2017-mar-29-008.jpg   ms-2017-mar-29-010.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; March 29th, 2017 at 20:40.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, it has taken me a few days to get my head around the FSX SDK and get the setup working right, but have since been focused on getting the Marauder converted to FSX native.

Wrapping up the exterior model today, then I'll go inside to test that. All animations and materials/textures are now FSX native for those of you interested.

I'll probably be a few more days cleaning up loose ends but will release this the same way as I did the FS9 version.

I may also use this as a test bed for 3D gauges depending on timing with other projects.

Tom Falley has also provided an excellent FSX native flight model for this one. Thank you Fliger!

EDIT: I should also add that since this is a WIP release, there will be one model without spec and bump maps, and one with. That should help the painters to evolve their work.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention, the mapping for the FSX native model is the same as the FS9 model.

EDIT3: Okay, got all the FSX native VC animations done, tagged and working and things cleaned up to about where the FS9 model is. A few tweaks needed. I will have a painters version ready in a few hours.
    Great to see you making progress in the FSX world, Milton!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Massively AWESOME milestone in progress, dear Friend :-)

KUDOS!!!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Massively AWESOME milestone in progress, dear Friend :-)

KUDOS!!!
    Thank you Sir! Invested heavily in the setup and conversion. Over the hump now with the FSX equivalent of the FS9 version released.

Taking a breather before I get back into it to tweak the interior animations.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Excellent news Milton! I'll see about getting stuck in on a repaint! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Excellent news Milton! I'll see about getting stuck in on a repaint! Thank you!
    Thank you Sascha; there are both FS9 and FSX Native versions uploaded so do the one you wish. Mapping is the same for both versions.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking forward to progress updates this weekend. Strut your stuff!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Been busy at work, so I hadn't had much of a chance to work on it till today.....At least I have one wing almost done....

First test with an alpha channel

First test with an alpha channel

Shiny! Parked near that King Air 350, it looks like it is fresh out of the restoration hangar.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Been busy at work, so I hadn't had much of a chance to work on it till today.....At least I have one wing almost done....
    There's Nader, just a "struttin'"
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Alpha channel test number two....toned it down quite a bit...

Blog Entries
    Alpha channel test number two....toned it down quite a bit...
    Hi Nater. Both your alpha versions look very realistic. Great artwork on all your paints.

Thanks! I haven't decided which alpha version I like best....

During my bored time at work today I found some new techniques to try.....Pictures coming soon....

Members who have read this thread: 2