Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 15
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Made some adjustments to the rear interior mapped sections, and I will be labeling each part of the map so they clearly show in your textures.
    The map templates will be 2048 x 2048.

I will also be providing reference pictures for these interior areas marked to coincide with the maps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-11-039.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-11-040.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Just completed teh cockpit and bombardier area infrastructure mapping for textures. Time to get down to the good stuff; i.e. ECU, yokes, etc.

But first, an afternoon nap. :-) Been falling asleep at the keyboard finishing this up. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-11-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, finally completed the texture mapping for the cockpit and bombardier areas, and all the many little details.

Sunday, I will try to get all the interior packaged up by interior section with texture templates and supporting pictures or drawings by area for quick reference access and understanding of the mapping. The areas are separated by bulkheads. Everything is labeled and shows in the sim. I will likely also create an exterior model of only the interior so you can view the interior from Spot view as well as from the VC views.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-12-028.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Update: Wrapping up many small things but the ECU and entry doors have been the main focus today. Lots of small parts mapped. I have 3 more items to map (yoke, bombs, bomb racks). I have started assembling the package with map templates, reference pictures, drawings, illustrations for the interior areas, labeled all the templates, again, and done initial check out in the sim.

If all goes well, I should have an update package focusing on the interior by day's end.

But for now, it's nap time. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

B-26 Marauder Painters Update -2

As promised, I have completed and uploaded the package tonight. It contains:

1) 2048 texture templates and reference material by aircraft area

2) An FS9 aircraft container ready to fly with 1024 texture templates for the interior model. I used an OD common texture for the exterior.

3) Three models - one with specularity, one without, and one spot view interior model for testing; see attached

Please read the "readme.txt" for details.

Post questions or issues here please.

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download.../b26updt-2.zip

Thanks to everyone who are working to get this Marauder ready for prime time. It's your baby. :-)

A much improved flight model is in the works, thanks to Fliger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interior Only Model (Large).jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Lol, although I agree with G. (and others) I am wondering who will do these internal textures. Which is why I was a bit slow with reaction to your question. Is it possible for you to map them, and create a solid FS 34151 texture and bake this texture?

I think this solution leaves room for those who want to do additional texturing, but also offer a solution for those who don't (or in case there isn't a volunteer to do them....).

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub,

I keep forgetting to ask (excuse my ignorance), what is "a solid FS 34151 texture"?

All three of the main interior mapped infrastructure textures can be overlayed with an nice dark OD of some sort.

They are: cockpitwalls.bmp, fuseinnerrear.bmp, fuseinnermid,bmp. That will take care of 95% of the work for the interior.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

B-26 Normal Landing Approach

Here's something to think about for this model's landing technique; it works.

Think about the airspeed, the vertical speed (1500 to 1800 fpm descent on short final), MAP settings, and 50-100' AGL flare out (2 seconds to do this), and practice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Landings-Normal  Approach.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Found the entry hatch answer, but not a picture ...
    I had forgotten this post back at #326 mentioning the sliding door entry hatch. That was from the early B-26's manual.

I found this pic from a G model that also shows the sliding hatch doors partially closed. The may indicate that the one pic showing the other kind of door was a field or restoration change, possibly, since the B/C/G show sliding hatch doors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails slidinghatch.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton,
    Where are the engines mapped now? For some reason I see they are mapped, but in sim, the texture is so distorted I cannot tell which sheet it is on...

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Milton,
    Where are the engines mapped now? For some reason I see they are mapped, but in sim, the texture is so distorted I cannot tell which sheet it is on...
    Nater, nothing has changed on the exterior mapping; I would not do that to all of you. Everything looks fine here on both the spec and no-spec models. Please recheck your work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Found out where the issue lies....On Misc.bmp , the original had what looks like struts. The newer version has the Engine there. Before the engine was on msparts.bmp.

Found out where the issue lies....On Misc.bmp , the original had what looks like struts. The newer version has the Engine there. Before the engine was on msparts.bmp.
    Nater, my apologies; I thought you were talking about the eng0_t.bmp. Always good to provide a screenshot so we are talking about the same issue. :-) LOL Had me running around in circles trying to find an issue that didn't exist. :-)

Yes, in consolidating and eliminating textures, I moved that engine face bmp to another. I also created a new gearparts.bmp for the main and nose gear.

I apologize for not mentioning those changes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

No worries! Ya, should have included a screen shot......had myself running around trying to find where the issue was.....started going 1 by 1 thru the textures to see where the difference was.

No worries! Ya, should have included a screen shot......had myself running around trying to find where the issue was.....started going 1 by 1 thru the textures to see where the difference was.
    In the package, I supplied all the bmps for the new models (which also eliminated some old ones). That change should have been transparent to you unless you did not swap your textures for the new ones, except for the key exterior body parts you painted. There may have been other minor changes to some of the bmps but I did not mention them as they should not have affected your work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For those who will be painting the interior and VC parts, I am adding two more reference screenshots that may help with text placement.

Most text on the face of the ECU will be on the placards.bmp, but the top of the electrical box is a bit harder. This should help as you can see all the switches and guards placement. Using this as a layer should be useful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ECU-Electrical.jpg   ECU-Face.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

When I unpacked them I did not allow Windows to copy over the textures that were already in my folder...

When I unpacked them I did not allow Windows to copy over the textures that were already in my folder...
    Well, you may want to replace all of yours with mine that have a newer date modified (main textures excluded), and delete all of yours that were not included in the update.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Already done....Thanks Milton!

Already done....Thanks Milton!
    Ah, great! Sorry for the confusion.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

No worries!

Milton, thanks for the beta B-26, it's all looking great. There's some things in the VC that I would like to bring to your attention...you've asked for any issues to be posted here so here they are. Maybe you do know of them already as it's a beta at this stage. I don't mean to be a nit picker but just want to help...

1.The starter switches aren't working - they're the other switches in the red box on the far left opposite the inertia switches.
    2. The battery switch was just above the starter switches - it's that non functioning one. There were two actually.
    3. Where's the rudder trim? The knob is missing from the overhead.
    4. Can you make the oil cooler knobs operate independently from the cowl knobs?
    5. Can you make the blower knobs work? They only have to move, just something to click on as part of prodecures. Just non operative but the knobs still move.
    6. Can the recognition light switch command be remapped to the little black box just under the landing gear lever?
    7. The parking brake lever isn't working
    8. Would it be possible to open the cockpit floor crew entry sliding doors and have the ladder extend?

I understand now that the sliding doors were probably standard and the one piece door were probably a restoration modification.

Hopefully it's not too hard for you to do the things above, maybe will keep you on your toes :-)
    Last edited by mrogers; March 14th, 2017 at 17:48. Reason: Typo
    Mark

Blog Entries

Thank you Milton...

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Ah, great! Sorry for the confusion.
    I downloaded the model, it shows on FS9, opens but I can see anything.. just a black screen, regardless of which mode... cockpit, etc.

What is the problem, both the specular and non specular version show in the selection screen... all O.D. COLOR but fully detailed...

G.

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Milton, thanks for the beta B-26, it's all looking great. There's some things in the VC that I would like to bring to your attention...you've asked for any issues to be posted here so here they are. Maybe you do know of them already as it's a beta at this stage. I don't mean to be a nit picker but just want to help...

1.The starter switches aren't working - they're the other switches in the red box on the far left opposite the inertia switches.
    2. The battery switch was just above the starter switches - it's that non functioning one. There were two actually.
    3. Where's the rudder trim? The knob is missing from the overhead.
    4. Can you make the oil cooler knobs operate independently from the cowl knobs?
    5. Can you make the blower knobs work? They only have to move, just something to click on as part of prodecures. Just non operative but the knobs still move.
    6. Can the recognition light switch command be remapped to the little black box just under the landing gear lever?
    7. The parking brake lever isn't working
    8. Would it be possible to open the cockpit floor crew entry sliding doors and have the ladder extend?

I understand now that the sliding doors were probably standard and the one oiece door were probably a restoration modification.

Hopefully it's not too hard for you to do the things above, maybe will keep you on your toes :-)
    LOL Mark; nice try. This is not a beta release; it's a painter's update #2 and there will be one more with a few more changes.

I am still in alpha build mode, hence the inoperable things you see. I put them in position so the interior painters can work with/around them.

But thanks for highlighting the items that are yet to be completed, or to be done. They are on the list. :-)

The sliding doors right now operate with the wing fold command, shift+f.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I downloaded the model, it shows on FS9, opens but I can see anything.. just a black screen, regardless of which mode... cockpit, etc.

What is the problem, both the specular and non specular version show in the selection screen... all O.D. COLOR but fully detailed...

G.
    Gaucho,

There is no 2D panel yet so you probably opened to that. Hit the S key a few times and see what you get.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Oh I see, sorry Milton, I didn't realise it was for the painters! :-)
    Thanks!
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 2