Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released - Page 10
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Marauder Gold for FS9 has been released

Added a little bit of weathering to the front part of the fuselage, and also added some panel lines.....

Blog Entries

finalized wing texture

Here it is...

That's looking really good so far guys. Nice work.

Took some time off today to shake it off a bit but got back into it tonight working on the Nav/Radio areas.

Got the infrastructure in place and got about all the radios and equipment in place. Now just need to shuffle it around, delete unnecessary radios, and add a few little things to wrap it up.

This is how the overall interior looks right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Here are some interior views from the Nav/Radio area, then from the turret/waist gunner area, bomb bay, and moving forward to the cockpit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-005.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-006.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-007.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-008.jpg  

HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-009.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-010.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Milton you ROCKED this build too...it really is shaping up beautifully! I don't have the patience to do what you do so I really admire your work my friend!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Now that is awesome, Milton!

Excellent work Nater and Gaucho!
    Mark

Oof!
    That is some nice work Milton and its not even painted yet!
    Very much looking forward to this beastie.

USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    wow!!! that working on model FSX native aircraft??

Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    This will be an FS9 model that should work very well in FSX (animation-wise) and be flyable in P3D (with a few animations still working). I can't speak for Milton, but I would guess that there will not be a "native" FSX version (unless someone takes that on as a project later on).
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

after an hour in photoshop

Played with getting the olive drab upper surface and Neutral gray underside the right base shades (as in brand spanking new factory applied paint) and applied to the fuselage and vertical tail for a look see.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flight test 1.jpg   flight test 2.jpg  

rivets and panel lines.. shading etc.

Gaucho... PLEASE tell me you are keeping all those lines of rivets and panel lines as separate layers for the paint kit!! I REALLY don't want to have to re-invent the wheel by doing them all again for the camo airplanes.

Dang.. you've done a superb job on all those details!!!

Dave

Non specular model finish... will it get rid of this???

I have the alphasim F-111 set. Not being a G-max modeler.. and knowing nothing.... I did notice that one of the 'models' has a non specular (VERY nearly 100%) matt finish, while another has a specular, satin to semi gloss finish when I use the same texture bitmaps to paint them

This leads me to believe that the shine is a component of the mdl file.. yes.. no.. am I crazy.. LOL.

If this IS the case, then would it be possible to provide a mdl file of the aircraft with a matt finish for painting those in use.. weathered aircraft?

THIS is what I'm getting with the sun shining on a base olive drab right now... not quite perfect....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flight test 3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Here are some interior views from the Nav/Radio area, then from the turret/waist gunner area, bomb bay, and moving forward to the cockpit.
    superb Milton.. just absolutely superb!

more base work applied.. and an observation.

Wings in base coat (including the wrap under along the leading edge (haven't done this on the stabs. yet. :-)

And, Milton. I'm not sure if you realized it or not, but the nose Perspex dome on the b-26 was moulded in an upper and lower half, weith the flat plexi added to the lower one.

So.. the framework for the blow moulded halves was on the INSIDE of the plexi..... with screws holding the clear plexiglass in place.

Now, I figure I can try and replicate the visual effect of this by 'lightening' the colour of the framework underneath the clear bubble than the surrounding fuselage, and then paint on the screws in a darker shade. Because I'm not sure if the modeling program will allow you to put the transparent bit on the outside of the texture file!

We CAN create the illusion. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails la-madeleine-normandy-france-a-martin-b-26-marauder-medium-bomber-D8HX0G.jpg   flight test 4.jpg  

I'm seeing this little bulge in a lot of photos

Milton,
    Just about all of the photos I'm looking at of B-26's are showing this little blister 'fairing' at the front of the nose gear doors. Is this applicable to the version you are modeling? Or is it another variant?

http://acepilots.com/planes/nose_art...0plane%202.jpg

Having fun with the paint... but gotta stop for the evening!

cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    I just finished testing in FSX and everything works fine so far. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That's looking really good so far guys. Nice work.
    I agree; everyone is doing a superb job on this.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Milton you ROCKED this build too...it really is shaping up beautifully! I don't have the patience to do what you do so I really admire your work my friend!
    Ted
    Thanks Ted; community project and I'm just building the easel for these guys to do their magic. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Oof!
    That is some nice work Milton and its not even painted yet!
    Very much looking forward to this beastie.
    Coming along and making good progress inside as well. I'll be releasing an update in a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    This will be an FS9 model that should work very well in FSX (animation-wise) and be flyable in P3D (with a few animations still working). I can't speak for Milton, but I would guess that there will not be a "native" FSX version (unless someone takes that on as a project later on).
    Sorry, not native by me anyhow, but I will make the gmax source available when I am done. As a port over, it should work fine with a few nitpicking issues as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushi View Post
    I have the alphasim F-111 set. Not being a G-max modeler.. and knowing nothing.... I did notice that one of the 'models' has a non specular (VERY nearly 100%) matt finish, while another has a specular, satin to semi gloss finish when I use the same texture bitmaps to paint them

This leads me to believe that the shine is a component of the mdl file.. yes.. no.. am I crazy.. LOL.

If this IS the case, then would it be possible to provide a mdl file of the aircraft with a matt finish for painting those in use.. weathered aircraft?

THIS is what I'm getting with the sun shining on a base olive drab right now... not quite perfect....
    Yes, I can provide a model without the specular shine.

superb Milton.. just absolutely superb!
    I model it, but you guys make it great. Thank you all.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wings in base coat (including the wrap under along the leading edge (haven't done this on the stabs. yet. :-)

And, Milton. I'm not sure if you realized it or not, but the nose Perspex dome on the b-26 was moulded in an upper and lower half, weith the flat plexi added to the lower one.

So.. the framework for the blow moulded halves was on the INSIDE of the plexi..... with screws holding the clear plexiglass in place.

Now, I figure I can try and replicate the visual effect of this by 'lightening' the colour of the framework underneath the clear bubble than the surrounding fuselage, and then paint on the screws in a darker shade. Because I'm not sure if the modeling program will allow you to put the transparent bit on the outside of the texture file!

We CAN create the illusion. :-)
    Great, because I do not intend to change that nose. :-) Took too long to build it.

I have noticed 3-4 different ways that the nose is formed and attached, so I figured if they can do that, so can I.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton,
    Just about all of the photos I'm looking at of B-26's are showing this little blister 'fairing' at the front of the nose gear doors. Is this applicable to the version you are modeling? Or is it another variant?

http://acepilots.com/planes/nose_art...0plane%202.jpg

Having fun with the paint... but gotta stop for the evening!

cheers
    Dave
    Dave, this model indeed had the blisters on all the gear doors due to up-sizing the tires and elongating the gear.

I was aware but got involved in canting the engines up and all the work adjustments that went into that, and totally forgot about the blisters until after I mapped the aircraft.

I can probably add them without affecting the texture mapping. Will take a look at it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Great, because I do not intend to change that nose. :-) Took too long to build it.

I have noticed 3-4 different ways that the nose is formed and attached, so I figured if they can do that, so can I.
    The joys of wartime production being farmed out to many different contractors.. No one did things the same as the other guy... close.. but not the same! :-)

This airplane looks STUNNING!

A few screen shots in FS9 and exterior FSX ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-018 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-007 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-019 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-020 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-023 (Large).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-mar-4-025 (Large).jpg  

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I know you guys noticed the break midway of the fuselage. I will join the two halves back together before the next update and that will smooth out the joint.

I have completed the bulk of the cockpit and Nav/Radio areas so will move to the nose area now.

After that, I will map the interior for textures.

So far, I am okay with poly count but that will soon change as I add a co-pilot, turret gunner, and tail gunner. I was thinking about dropping the co-pilot but when that happened in the real world, it was totally rejected. So, I'll see what I can do and what compromises might be made.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Yes Virginia... there is a Santa Claus... lol

Gaucho... PLEASE tell me you are keeping all those lines of rivets and panel lines as separate layers for the paint kit!! I REALLY don't want to have to re-invent the wheel by doing them all again for the camo airplanes.

Dang.. you've done a superb job on all those details!!!

Dave
    My textures comprise: Basic color and volumetric shading... livery layer... rivets and panel lines layer... over it shine shadings...
    for a natural metal model...
    For a camo version... (whenever I find a scheme I like) the basic colors will be worked in layers that end up being one base layer with volumetric shading...
    (maybe two layers... a base color and a volumetric shadings layer so the base color can be changed.... also probably adding a wear chips, etc. layer also... obviosly
    on a natural metal one... there would not be chips... but smudges, oil stains, smoke stains, etc. ... got to think this through yet...)

G.

Members who have read this thread: 2