Ssw harrier 3.3.0 for p3d released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ssw harrier 3.3.0 for p3d released

Ssw harrier 3.3.0 for p3d released

SSW is proud to release his McDonnel-Douglas AV8-B II "Harrier" v. 3.3.0 in a completely revised version, the model is available for both FSX FSX/SE and P3D v. 3.x

RELEASE NOTES:

1. Compatible with both TacPack and vACMI
    2. Air to Air weapons: AIM9-L and gun
    3. Air To Ground weapons: MK82 SE, MK83, GBU 12 (vACMI only)
    4. Projected Moving Map Display, it uses real maps, maps coverage for almost all Europe and more can be downloaded freely from SSW site, it uses same maps as SSW Tornado.
    5. Internal model and external model have been revisited making it much more eye-candy, a new texture set done.
    6. Added new UBUNTU liveries for Spanish Armada
    7. Sound set completely redone sampled from real.
    8. Several other minor enhancements.
    9. It can be used with vACMI into JoinFS multiplayer net, not tested with TacPack and JoinFS.

GENERAL INFO
    1. Is a new major version that requested a lot of work, we had to slightly modify Harrier price, customers that have purchased previous models and want buy new version have to pay the difference between what they have paid and the new prices (10 €), customers that have FSX version and want switch on P3D version will have a 15 € coupon, to have above discount please open a ticket in the help desk. To obtain above discount customers should open a ticket into SSW help desk.
    2. Installer downloaded from the SSW store contains core files only, to complete the model customers have to download also textures and liveries from HERE

BTW:

P3D version is available now, FSX version will be released tomorrow.
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Excellent news, SSW1! A sure buy for me!

SSW1, thanks for the information. Quick question to clarify, since I bought the original version, the upgrade price I have to pay is 10 Euro? Also, do you have screen shots of the upgraded model & VC?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    SSW1, thanks for the information. Quick question to clarify, since I bought the original version, the upgrade price I have to pay is 10 Euro? Also, do you have screen shots of the upgraded model & VC?
    To follow up: I have the FSXX version. If I buy the P3D version, do I have to pay for full price or do I get the discount. I will buy it anyway, but I would not like to accidently pay too much.

stick thread

May be is the wrong place, may i ask to stick this thread for a while ?
    TIA
    /SSW

I would need some clarification: In your feature list above, you stated the GBU-12 are vACMI-only... Does it mean the laser targeting MFD will not be available for the TacPack users ?
    Why didn't you implement the standard TacPack laser targetting system, as used in the F-18 and the A-10 if I remember correctly ?

Very nice and CRG!

Btw. I see the PANDA software too (moving map), like it was in Tornado.
    Is it work as separate software (each time when we start the sim)?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I would need some clarification: In your feature list above, you stated the GBU-12 are vACMI-only... Does it mean the laser targeting MFD will not be available for the TacPack users ?
    Why didn't you implement the standard TacPack laser targetting system, as used in the F-18 and the A-10 if I remember correctly ?
    I could go into some technical explanations, but I'll tell you more simply and sincerely that is "laziness" although there are some valid business reasons.
    /SSW

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Very nice and CRG!

Btw. I see the PANDA software too (moving map), like it was in Tornado.
    Is it work as separate software (each time when we start the sim)?

Hi,
    yes and no, Harrier takes advantage of SSW Red Panda server tecnology, map display related software is external and do not use sim VAS, although there is client side inside the Harrier itself.
    regards
    /SSW

Looking good guys! Very nice texture work. I especially like the burn marks on aft fuselage. Any chance to increase pilot size in the future?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    Hi,
    yes and no, Harrier takes advantage of SSW Red Panda server tecnology, map display related software is external and do not use sim VAS, although there is client side inside the Harrier itself.
    regards
    /SSW
    Ok but does it start together with sim each time (Red Panda client, so DLL file) or only when Harrier will be loaded.
    Id like to know how it works now?

In Tornado for example it starts to work each time when I run FSX rom the beginning.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi SSW!!! Du you have increased the minimum system requirements for this upgraded Harrier? Thank you
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Ok but does it start together with sim each time (Red Panda client, so DLL file) or only when Harrier will be loaded.
    Id like to know how it works now?

In Tornado for example it starts to work each time when I run FSX rom the beginning.
    Hi YoYo,
    RedPanda is not a client, is the server, it starts always with the sim (his call is into exe.xml), and is able to serve all clients that have the client side code to call it.
    However the question is relevant since it is related to what happens if it starts and there is no clients that use it.
    Nothing happens, it stays silent out of sim VAS,do not create any child process and it will be killed by the sim when it exits.
    If a user wants completely uninstall SSW products it should also delete RedPanda call from exe.xml.
    Since in the near future almost all SSW airplanes will be retrofitted to use RedPanda and new products will use it, we strongly hope it will never happen
    regards
    /SSW

BTW:
    Using Red Panda technology we are developing NASARR 21-G radar with antenna tilt and gain control, able to reproduce exactly the real.
    In air to air mode it scans and lock targets and behaves as the real thing in managing attack phases with AIM7 Sparrow.
    In ground mapping mode it has all real modes, Ground Map Pencil.Ground Map Spoil, Contour Map, Terrain Avoidance and MTI as well.
    Because it uses real SRTM terrain maps it computes radar shadows and depicts the terrain as it is.
    Furthermore it uses also terrain reflective maps and is able to render below terrain enhancing harder radar returns.
    R21-G will retrofit the F104S, after that we will develop NASARR 15A to retrofit FRF-104G
    F104S version 6.0.0 MLU will be available soon.
    An early video about this can be viewed here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1T_K0BfkzY

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello SSW1,
    Forgive me, but I cannot find on your website how I can get the discount for already having the previous version of the Harrier. I don’t want to do something wrong and then have to pay full price.
    Best regards,
    Stickshaker

Why no sticky?

Stickshaker, send an email to SSW with your purchase details and you will receive a discount code to use when purchasing. It sais so on the product details page of the Harrier at the SSW site.

I agree with YoYo, this should be stickied. This upgrade has brought this product to a much higher level:

Last edited by Dimus; February 7th, 2017 at 12:45.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Dimus. I thought I had read the page carefully...

This new model includes parking things: (chocks,covers,RFB ribbons etc)?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    This upgrade has brought this product to a much higher level:
    Dimus, would you post a screen shot of the VC if convenient? I've held back on the SSW Harrier in the past because I already own the Razbam and SSW generally got knocked a bit for their VC quality in comparison. (FDE on the other hand.... always reported as surpassing Razbam's)

Thanks, B
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Dimus, would you post a screen shot of the VC if convenient? I've held back on the SSW Harrier in the past because I already own the Razbam and SSW generally got knocked a bit for their VC quality in comparison. (FDE on the other hand.... always reported as surpassing Razbam's)

Thanks, B
    Here you go:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That was quick. Thanks!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Stunning work! Thank you SSW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post

Thanks, B
    +1 here, held off as I already had one AV-8 with releasable weapons. I'm becoming more of a Tacpack snob, so your model looks to fill that gap with this unique aircraft. I'm running your Tornado to, so I would have maps.

On the vACMI program, was this made by your coders?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Brian, Storm beat me to it, but here are some showing also the moving map display in an area with an available map:

V/STOL operations are a pleasure, and now it looks great too!

Members who have read this thread: 0