How do I delete these h2od_01.dds - h2od_16.dds files please

Thread: How do I delete these h2od_01.dds - h2od_16.dds files please

How do I delete these h2od_01.dds - h2od_16.dds files please

Hi everyone,

I can't delete these dds files from my pc, h2od_01.dds through to h2od_16.dds
    It says the file is open in windows explorer, it's the same if I want to cut or copy them. I'm reinstalling MAW.
    Any thoughts? I have tried in safe mode but the same thing happend and I also tried deleting one of the from my ETO1.5 effects/fxtextures with no joy. There must be a bug with these files?
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

For me restart always works with this problem

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Can you shift-drag (move) them out of the folder and onto your desktop? Perhaps in the new location it will let you delete them.

Another thing to check is if they are set up as read only. Right click on them and check properties for the read-only flag being set. If Windows will let you change that setting them perhaps it will let you do the delete.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks for the replies, I did try restarting and deleting in safemode which does sometimes work but not this time. The dds files were read only but I managed to put that right took several times to rectify that. I managed to delete some of them by dragging them to the bin, I also tried kill it (spybot) that didn't do it and I can't rename E:\cfs3\CFS3 Mediterranean Air War !

I have some of these files in my vanila cfs3 effects folder and they delete ok. I have noticed that the ones that do delete have 341kb and the ones that will not delete have 342kb ! so may be that extra bite is the gremlin ?
    see pic below and compare it with your ETO installs, bite size and see if they delete, you can restore it from the recycle bin no problem afterwards.
    Thanks edit the 05 one I tried saving it as dds1 no alpha but no joy.

Ok no worries now it's gone and deleted!

I used the first step here closed down explorer and then restarted it and that let me delete the whole lot!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/wi...rrupt-3605330/

Best piece of kit for this:

http://www.iobit.com/en/iobit-unlocker.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Members who have read this thread: 0