Me 264 for CFS3 (flyable)

Thread: Me 264 for CFS3 (flyable)

Hybrid View

Me 264 for CFS3 (flyable)

related to research whats available for CFS3 when speaking about Messerschmitt Me 264 ("Amerika Bomber" term series), I dare to open a new thread.

well, a scratch made model of Me 264 is in a test development, primary to check if would be possible to make CFS3 planes without 3d modeling any canopy frames, solving this all simply with alpha layered (transparent) texture paint instead. some intial info here.

here is how it looks sofar (CFS3 + AnKor shaders July 2016 release).

a public airplane version soon for testing, if such solution would work at your CFS3 config ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_2_3_1_16_57.jpg   enb2017_2_3_1_20_21.jpg   enb2017_2_3_1_23_21.jpg   enb2017_2_3_1_24_12.jpg   enb2017_2_3_1_25_29.jpg  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A awesome project ! Thank you so much for working on this.A dream come true.

Nice start to this model!

I started thinking about a real-life scenario if these had ever been built and used against America. The Axis had no long range fighters to accompany them, the US had high-flying Mustangs by day and P61s by night and long range radar-equipped patrols were flying out to mid-Atlantic every day.

It could have been quite a turkey shoot.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

yeah, indeed...

ok, some new images presenting the testing stuff. at a melee event. a textured stuff. quickly textured stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_2_5_2_28_19.jpg   enb2017_2_5_2_25_42.jpg   enb2017_2_5_2_16_55.jpg   enb2017_2_5_2_8_7.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS
    a public airplane version soon for testing, if such solution would work at your CFS3 config ...
    well, as said, here we go:
    CFS3_Me264_Amerika_Bomber_by_BorekS_demo_v.0.1a - DOWNLOAD (cca 1.2 MB)

EDIT: optional 4-engine sound pack available here:
    CFS3_Me264_Amerika_Bomber by BorekS 4-engine soundpack v.0.1a - DOWNLOAD (cca 10 MB)
    Code:
    Messerschmitt Me 264 V-1 Amerika Bomber for CFS3
    ------------------------------------------------
    Add-on pack version: 0.1a (public)
    3D model and textures: BorekS
    Flight model: stock CFS3 B-26
    Sounds: stock CFS3 Ju 88
    Weapons: stock CFS3 Ju 88
    Effects: stock CFS3

About the current add-on pack
    -----------------------------
    This version is designed simply for public ingame testing and tweaking the texture alpha channel features, applied on the airplane solid nose mesh.
    There just arent any regular 3D mesh canopy windows or frames modeled, its all about texture paint only.   

Notes:
    ----- 
    This airplane still is early work in progress. Flight physics, sounds also a lot of visualy related parts isnt done yet.
    CFS3 with installed AnkorShaders
    Ive tested the model with AnkorShaders july 2016 release and it seems all OK there.

CFS3 virgin (deault) install
    * at the CFS3 stock install having some small visual issues with blurry tansparency propellers vs solid prop heads from some angle.
    * what Ive discovered is the transparent gmax materials cant use any specular textures - then a transparent glass feature appears like a solid material. therefore, the model doesnt use any specular maps, its specularity is defined with the gmax material only.
    * to get working the external model interiror properly, such texture must be stored as DXT1 alpha channel, otherwise is the whole interiror mesh invisible from outside view. well, this are common Z-order (depth sorting) issues with alpha channel textures, known from other games aswell, infact.
    Last edited by BorekS; February 5th, 2017 at 09:20.

hmm, currently 17 downloads and no word if that feature ever works at your CFS3 game settings?

anyway, did some test quick (re)paint of the virtual cockpit texture, just sharing the image.
    I would just change it to bit more serious paint work and its done, I would say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_2_6_1_25_9_small.jpg  

excellent ....model for me the wheels ,,,,,,,are good bubt doesnt connect to plane missing the tire connections ,,,,,,to plane otherwise ..... csound is excellent ,,,, flys and takes off well ,,, over all excelled any
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot02-08-17-18-02-47.jpg  

thanks, rocketred.
    the goal why the demo is released is just to get response by other users if the feature works, the rest isnt important now. however, as a bonus Ive implemented into the demo the ability to load some bombs and also the bombsight reticle view is there, so it may give to people some fun already...

relating to the download count I just still wondering how hard is to write any response, to push the thing forwards...

Thanks for doing this, looks good! I would love to try it out, but can't get CFS3 to run consistently.

Members who have read this thread: 0