PA-28R Arrow III - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PA-28R Arrow III

Martyn,
    I'm VERY excited to see this project! I agree with Ryan, JF's skills seem to be growing exponentially and fully intend to purchase this when it comes out. It's great to see someone else producing high quality GA aircraft as too few are doing really good ones now. I also like the fact you are putting in the option for the GTN series. I believe Tim suggested that it's more realistic for an older aircraft like the Arrow to have the older Garmins, but respectfully, that's not the case. Our company is installing GTN's in a very large number of older machines now, to the point where it's pretty much routine. Not just that, we are installing full glass cockpits (but please don't do that ) in older 172's 182's, Cherokees, etc. The prices of these newer avionics packages are coming down all the time so it's not at all unusual to see modern avionics in older airplanes.

Anyway, congrats on this package. I'm really looking forward to it, and I encourage to to not stop with this one. I think there is a definite niche here and I'm thinking you just might be the one to fill it.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverDriver View Post
    I believe Tim suggested that it's more realistic for an older aircraft like the Arrow to have the older Garmins, but respectfully, that's not the case. Our company is installing GTN's in a very large number of older machines now, to the point where it's pretty much routine.
    correct me if I'm wrong but based on my observations that is true for older and well maintained privately owned aircrafts. Flying clubs usually tend to try to make flying as affordable as possible for their members. So a highly expensive GPS unit is not their highest priority. I guess that's why the real G-BGKU is still flying with a Garmin G100.

However, I too appreciate it that Just Flight supports the Flight1 GTN

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I'm not sure that the GPS even functions in the real aircraft. The autopilot has definitely been disabled. Fortunately it all works in our simulation!
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Hi all,

The Arrow III is now available to purchase (https://www.justflight.com/articles/...nd-p3d-on-sale). Thanks again for all of the positive feedback

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

That is one Smooth video, I like it, one very detailed aircraft

Members who have read this thread: 0