JoinFS : Multiplayer got easy

Thread: JoinFS : Multiplayer got easy

Hybrid View

JoinFS : Multiplayer got easy

I haven't seen a post about this and thought it worth's it.
    Very simple program to use and very efficient for connecting in
    Multiplayer sessions users across the three platforms : FSX Boxed/FSX Steam/P3D !...

People's comments are great, much more stable MP than default FSX, there is no "host"
    concept and no server is needed. It may unite the "broken" FS community currently devided
    to 3 platforms... SOH has a Teamspeak server, so JoinFS may "untie hands" for people
    wishing to fly MP with others in a very simple way of doing it...

more info about JoinFS here
    My Military Flight Videos :

The same concept is FSCloud here: http://81.169.250.232/

We have been using it with a group of friends for over a year connecting with P3D FSX boxed and FSXSE. It works but there is some lag induced and jittering that prevents e.g. effective close formation flying, which is totally possible if you connect directly from within FSX or P3D.

I wonder if JoinFS is better so we are definitely going to try it. thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    The same concept is FSCloud here: http://81.169.250.232/

We have been using it with a group of friends for over a year connecting with P3D FSX boxed and FSXSE. It works but there is some lag induced and jittering that prevents e.g. effective close formation flying, which is totally possible if you connect directly from within FSX or P3D.

I wonder if JoinFS is better so we are definitely going to try it. thanks for the link.

On DigitalThemePark we use JoinFS for some time now. Indeed the jittering is not a problem anymore! Only proper cockpit sharing like in multiplayer is not available (yet).

Just try it, you will be surprised.

Paul

I'm also using it since a few week. The cross platform is very nice, I fly in multiplayer with a friend who uses FSX, while I use P3Dv3, and it works very well.
    There are a few very interesting features that nobody mentionned. Two of them are, to me, very important:

1- the Recorder option: like FSRecorder, with a bit less options, but works very well, including in P3Dv3 (where recent versions of FSRecorder don't work anymore). Also, it works perfectly with helicopters (FSRecorder is not able to do that, excepted with complex and cumbersome tricks).

2- When you use AICarriers or TacPack to make an aircraft carrier appear in your session, you can "broadcast" it to the other players in your session, making it finally easy to practise carrier operations in multiplayer (without any missions or special sceneries/traffic). At the moment though, it refuses to work with Javier's Nimitz. It works well with all other carriers, including the default Acceleration Nimitz, the Bear Studio Chinese Kuznetsov, and the French Charles-De-Gaule and Clemenceau. However, I haven't had the chance to test that yet.

Excellent news! What you say about carriers is amazing. Gonna try it. I guess the others need to have the same carrier model installed too right?

Yes... Default FSX MP protocol would transfer only simobjects of the Airplane category to be seen by clients.
    But JoinFS transfers other categories of simobjects also, like boats mentioned above, just like P3D does and
    that's really a great improvement in MP !...

@Daube : nice screenshot !
    My Military Flight Videos :

Members who have read this thread: 0