JoinFS : Multiplayer got easy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JoinFS : Multiplayer got easy

We've sorted out most issues with Multiplayer scripted Mission flying
    with JoinFS and will upload in SOH when tested and finalized.
    It's real fun to fly this with a friend or two...

Verdun 1916. SE5 Tacpacked. RFC Airfield & Verdun area scenery.
    Single & Co-operative Multiplayer scripted mission via JoinFS.
    Dogfight & CAS version. Does not claim historical accuracy (available resources).

My Military Flight Videos :

And here is a video, flying with Ed in multiplayer and functional Tacpack in Mission System, while testing the mission...
    All run good and as expected.

That looked a bit confused (it's hard to recognize the aircrafts on the videos, until the last moment), but quite cool as well
    Thanks for the video !
    About these ennemy aircrafts: were they AI ? or other players ?

They are AIs : 4 x Fokker AIs vs 2 x players in the video.

Fokker AIs dynamically chase players and can cause damage to players.
    This is the potential of flying in Mission System compared to Free Flight
    and thanks to JoinFS, with working Tacpack also...

You'll have the chance to fly it and test it for yourself, as soon as complete the
    features I want to add and upload here.

Small question to the FSJoin users: When we use TacPack to popup an aircraft carrier, will the other player also get the navaids (Tacan and ILS) if he has TacPack ?

Good question. They certainly see it if they have the model, even if they do not have Tacpack. I have not tried joining with people having Tacpack though so can not help.

Nice Program!!!

Thanks for this great program! Downloaded it today and test flew a few hours with someone who is on Steam. Absolutely no stuttering and great frame rates.

Huge advantage is no more FSHost or need for servers. This is a breath of fresh air for Flight Sim.

Noticed a few things:

1. Not all animations are broadcast. Control surfaces speed brake in particular. Drooping control surfaces just looks bad all around in flight amd spoils the flying experience.

2. Non-user aircraft appear to be like AI and flying "on a rail" and not like a human is at yhe controls. As if not all flight data is transfered per cycle and the in between bits are interpolated? This makes for very poor close in high speed formation flying. Not being able to see the speed brakes isn't too helpful either.

Anyone know if these can be fixed?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Used it today for the first time. Worked GREAT! THANKS! NC

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Noticed a few things:

1. Not all animations are broadcast. Control surfaces speed brake in particular. Drooping control surfaces just looks bad all around in flight amd spoils the flying experience.

2. Non-user aircraft appear to be like AI and flying "on a rail" and not like a human is at yhe controls. As if not all flight data is transfered per cycle and the in between bits are interpolated? This makes for very poor close in high speed formation flying. Not being able to see the speed brakes isn't too helpful either.

Anyone know if these can be fixed?
    There must be a problem, because the control surfaces were definitely animated during my flights with JoinFS.
    For example, you can see there the other player has flaps down and canopy open. He was using the WarBirdSim Mustang, which was substitued by the A2A Mustang on my side:

We were using Dino's payware F-35A for P3Dv3....i wonder if the animations are somehow routed differently through a gauge instead of animation calls?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

It could be... Dino's F-35 has a lot of custom animations I think. For example, I'm not sure the nozzle would be animated correctly for the other player...

From my side, I'm having a different problem: I have excluded JoinFS from the Antivirus checks, and I have also redirected all the network ports as needed. The guy I use to fly with is able to join a session I created with JoinFS without problems. However, it doesn't work in the other direction: if he creates a session, I'm never able to join it... Anybody had that problem ?
    He uses FSX, so for him it's really a pain to switch to the desktop to manipulate JoinFS to join my session each time something goes wrong (FSX hates the ALT-TAB...). If I would be able to rejoin the session where he is, this would save a lot of troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It could be... Dino's F-35 has a lot of custom animations I think. For example, I'm not sure the nozzle would be animated correctly for the other player...

From my side, I'm having a different problem: I have excluded JoinFS from the Antivirus checks, and I have also redirected all the network ports as needed. The guy I use to fly with is able to join a session I created with JoinFS without problems. However, it doesn't work in the other direction: if he creates a session, I'm never able to join it... Anybody had that problem ?
    He uses FSX, so for him it's really a pain to switch to the desktop to manipulate JoinFS to join my session each time something goes wrong (FSX hates the ALT-TAB...). If I would be able to rejoin the session where he is, this would save a lot of troubles.
    Does he have ports open on his side also? My friend could not join my session because I have the 6112 port open on a separate computer running an FSX server. I could join his no problem though. Also - I fly triple screen in windowed mode so it's easy to bring up other programs via the task bar at bottom. In windows you can adjust borders around windows to be as thin as you want if the default is too big for your liking. Don't have to stop your sim to look at another program. Also - I had to allow this program through windows firewall.

Ah yes, now that I think about it, we never checked his firewall settings. We might have a flight tomorrow, I'll ask him to take a look. Thanks for the advice.

Members who have read this thread: 0