USS Essex CV-9 campaign released by Shadow Wolf 07! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USS Essex CV-9 campaign released by Shadow Wolf 07!

Another couple of screen shots:
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; April 20th, 2017 at 14:31.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Beautiful!

Thank you Highpockets. As promised Rami:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Making use of Wolfi's handiwork :
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon22 Reply...

Greg,

Wonderful screenshots, thanks for all of your hard work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thank you Rami. I'll try to get some better action shots.

Note: I noticed (or forgot) that on ground attack missions in the Avenger (and probably a dive bomber too) just giving the "Attack" order to your wingmen is not enough. They just follow you and don't attack anything. You have to designate specific targets and send them on in pairs to get them to drop their bombs/rockets. When you do that, Wolfi's boys get down right agressive - I have one wingman with 32 ground and air kills and another with 20 after only 6 missions.

My next mission is a ground attack and cover mission in a Hellcat, with rockets, so I'm out of the bomber business again. I'l be coming back to the carrier with no ammo and gun barrels red hot.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

One last swipe at Wake Is. :
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Dude,
    this is a fantastic job, I bow down to your talent.

Great work Sir.
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Thank you for your encouragement and compliments No Dice! I and my testers are moving right along and I hope to have the campaign ready for upload/publication in a week or so.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Looks exciting and challenging. Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to it.

Highpockets: Thank you sir. I got some feedback from one of my testers that the missions, so far, are good and Stuart277's and Maxstuka's ships look great.

I'm starting the Tarawa fighter sweep next. It should be challenging as there are a lot of enemy fighters, randomly spawned, with varying skill levels. It should get my long neglected flying skills and marksmanship back up to par.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Action over Tarawa:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

That Bearcat should help!

Highpockets: Bearcat?

Attacking a target rich environment - Tarawa:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Attacking a target rich environment - Tarawa:
    Target rich yes, and apparently all in hiding to let you just cruise around uncontested by heavy AAA. Guess the defenders are hunkering down on account of the big guns of the task force bombardment division.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Target rich yes, and apparently all in hiding to let you just cruise around uncontested by heavy AAA. Guess the defenders are hunkering down on account of the big guns of the task force bombardment division.
    Trust me, there was plenty of FLAK. I was lucky in this scene (the same plane position in space and time from different angles). I got a bit chewed on soon after. One ting that helped; I sent 2 pairs of wingmen in to attack Japanese 75.. AA guns, luckily along the vector of my first rocket attack and circled around behind them. On the next runs I wasn't so lucky. They crawled out of their holes and threw up considerable fire.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Bearcat I know better. The Bearcat wasn't even operational at the end of WWII
    Hellcat

No need to bang your head M8. I will keep you and everyone else updated with screenshots and info. We move up to the F6F-5 on mission 15 and your favorite, the SB2C on mission 23.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Flying as a wingman has its drawbacks. The AI don't always hold the plotted course and if you do, return warp won't enable. Then you'll have to fly back to your ship alone and unwarped. (I recommend using auto-pilot and sim rate at 4X normal speed.) It was a good mission though.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Heading for home... with a few bullet holes :
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Progress Update

All wingmen doing good. 13 missions and lost 3 so far. Only 11 missions so far but will fly 2-3 more very soon...

Hey Wolfi: Why don't I see any gauges on my 2-D panel in the VT-19 Avenger?

Hey Captain Kurt: I'm sure I followed the installation instructions for your and Allen's VF-2 Hellcat. Why is this guy sitting in my lap? He's a "weapon" so should I drop his butt?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Regarding the Hellcat pilot - you have to make sure you have deleted the US Pilot folder from the CFS2/AIRCRAFT folder. Also make sure the F6F/texture folder still has the us_pilot_1.bmp and us_pilot_2.bmp files in it. You've missed one or both of these it seems.

Regarding the Avenger panel gauges - you probably have your panel display settings set up differently than the stock CFS2. The panel bmp is over laid on top of the gauges. F3 should cycle 2D panel view, F4 cycle through the VC, F5 display/hide engine controls, F6 bomb view, F7 display/hide panel window 1, and F9 display/hide panel window 3.

In this panel F3 displays the 2D panel, F5 displays/hides the panel bmp overlaid on the gauges, F7 displays/hides the gauges and F9 displays the engine controls.

If you press F7 the gauges disappear like in your picture. Do you have F3 assigned to the display/hide panel window 1 function?

The other possibility is that you don't have the gauges in your CFS2/GAUGES folder. That is unlikely as they are the stock CFS2 gauges. So unless you removed them, they should be there.

That help?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Yes thank you, it helps. I didn't have US_Pilot in the texture folder. No instructions came with it in the d/l so I loaded it as a weapon in scenedb. Prior to that, I had no pilot at all. I will try it. as is now on my next mission. tonight.

As for the panel, I have all the stock gauges and likewise, this evening, I will fidget with the F function keys and see if I can't find them... I am an "old timer" with bad eyes and the reflexes of a sponge, so I usually fly from the HUD view. I wanted to use an old program called "ZoneAid" to put easy to use auto pilots in these 2 planes' panel.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; May 3rd, 2017 at 17:41.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

The double pilot problem is solved. The next time I fly the Avenger, I will try to fix the missing gauges glitch too. Meanwhile, off to bomb ships in the Kwajalein anchorage as a wingman...
    "De Oppresso Liber"

In general the US_Pilot texture is in the main texture folder, if the texture isn’t in the aircraft texture folder CFS2 will search in the main texture folder for it. There is a pilot and gunner build into the aircraft; they will show up right after the engine starts.

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Members who have read this thread: 0