USS Essex CV-9 campaign released by Shadow Wolf 07! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: USS Essex CV-9 campaign released by Shadow Wolf 07!

The videos should play when called for on the campaign .cmg file. If they don't, no sweat.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Ok Thanks I haven't opened a campaign yet.

Three more for the scrap heap:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Ok Shadow Wolf, i've spent hours trying to resolve a bug in the geo starting position for essex_ae-marcus_3aW3.mis. I had to suspend the campaign mode and just play everything else in mission mode to work around this one mission. All other Marcus Is. missions start fine, except this one, which starts me literally wheels in the water - no carrier or other ships in sight - off the coast of west Africa. I've run side by side comparisons of locations in text with the other Marcus missions and can't find the glitch.

I've even loaded it in MB to analyze the problem. In the mission planning/layout screen everything looks perfectly placed and coordinated, with the right geo-coordinates in the Pacific. But when i load it to fly, i'm still in the water off Africa. In MB, the starting coordinates are N25*46.31', E154*45.24', but in the sim the coords are N0*0.00', E0*0.00'. The only mods i've made to any of your missions is in aircraft and ship names. This shouldn't affect anything adversely, confirmed by the fact that this problem occurs in my modified mission and the original as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0027.jpg   0028.jpg  

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Alright, i fixed it...sorry to bother you, SW. I ran it back through MB, made a few clicks here and there, saved the file again under the same name. Everything's normal now. Despite the hiccup, i'm still into this...thanks again.

BTW, i was wrong about the mission filename in the previous post. It is essex_ac-marcus_2aW3.mis, not essex_ae-marcus_3aW3.mis. I guess this must have caused some confusion if you were looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Alright, i fixed it...sorry to bother you, SW. I ran it back through MB, made a few clicks here and there, saved the file again under the same name. Everything's normal now. Despite the hiccup, i'm still into this...thanks again.

BTW, i was wrong about the mission filename in the previous post. It is essex_ac-marcus_2aW3.mis, not essex_ae-marcus_3aW3.mis. I guess this must have caused some confusion if you were looking into this.
    I was about to write you and check out the mission. If there was any need to change anything, please forward the mission .mis and .dyn files to me and I will amend the download. Can I assume from your previous message (post) the other Marcus Is. missions checked out okay?

Sorry for any inconvenience ol' buddy.

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Yes, all the others check out fine. But WRT amending your download, i would caution you on that unless someone else has come forward with the same issue. Since i haven't seen that yet, this could just be something specific to my install and my "gremlins" only. I wouldn't want to alter your download unless it was necessary for all. And to be honest, i really didn't do much except air-start the mission, save it and fly, then carrier-start again with same location using 'USS Essex44' as mother instead and save. That was enough to brush the gremlins aside...lol
    Last edited by bearcat241; July 9th, 2017 at 06:31.

Bump...

Cebu Night CAP

Thank you for your patience and reporting Bearcat241. Happy flying and by the way, nice screen shots!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0