Post-College career options

Thread: Post-College career options

Post-College career options

So, whilst I am in college to become an aircraft mechanic, I hit upon the idea of also taking computer modelling classes. Does anybody on SOH have a degree or certification, that would be able to give me some pointers about what kinds of classes I would need to do to be successful in that field?

If this is the wrong forum, could you direct me to the correct forum?

You might get on better searching Google for 3d computer modelling courses. We're mostly amateurs, self-taught and do this for fun. The FS world is quite small, compared to the gaming world overall, and doesn't support many professionals. Aircraft mechanic should be a much better paid profession...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Computer Aided Deisgn (CAD) is the sector you should follow. There are a lot of CAD softwares.
    The flagship is the Dassault Systems CATIA, Siemens NX is the next. These two are hign-end softwares for projects with thousends of parts. Midcore softwares are Autodesk Inventor and Dassault Systems Solidworks. Ofcourse there are many others such as topsolid, solidedge etc. Last but not list there is the Autodesk AutoCAD, very basic but also the most well know CAD software.

Personaly I had followed some courses for Solidworks. I have also the Certificasion for it. While in my job in an Industry I use NX.

What I am suggesting you is to download the student version of Autodesk Autocad to learn the basics of CAD design. Then search for courses for an other CAD software. If you are planning to work in aerospace industry then CATIA and/or NX are must.

I am not familiar with a specific forum, but I could suggest you to try to search for CAD courses.

Panos
    SimWorks Studios
    Flight Dynamics Designer
    http://simworksstudios.com/
    http://facebook.com/simworksstudios

Members who have read this thread: 0