Favorite Combat Flight Sim list

Thread: Favorite Combat Flight Sim list

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Favorite Combat Flight Sim list

What combat flight sims are any of you into. Mine are FS-WWI,OFF-BHaH,CFS3 (9 installs),Il-2 '46 (2 installs), Free Falcon6,Falcon 4.0 BMS,Flaming Cliffs 2 and RoF. What are your combat flight sims ?

Other than CFS3, Tornado & Fighter Squadron - The Screamin' Demons Over Europe.

Blog Entries
    Looking to get First Eagles 2 . A WWI flight sim by Third Wire. I hear it's pretty good and has many addons. Price is cheep also.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; January 24th, 2017 at 13:08.

Strike Fighters 2. It's a very good jet-era sim which is fully moddable and visually somewhere between CFS2 and 3. There are absolutely loads of downloads over at CombatAce, although the community is less welcoming and seriously divided for reasons which seem to go back before my time and which I do not know about. It comes in various favours - base game, Europe, Vietnam, Israel, Iceland - which can be installed singly or together.

All kinds of modern weapons are fully modelled, from radar-guided AAMs to stand-off GBU and so forth.

It has many advantages over other sims, such as adjustable levels of difficulty! Recommended if you're looking for a 1950s to present day sim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img00022.jpg   img00030.jpg   img00035.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Cool

Game SSD1 boot Win10 64
    installed Woff ue, (still have the old Woff3 for sale btw), Rof complete pack

Game SSD2 boot Win10 64
    installed BoS and Clod-ATAG4mod

Regulair HD boot Win10 64
    My fav. all time game RB3d, but this game refuse to run.

I'm not a fan of jet, spacecraft or non combat flysims.

Cfs2, cfs3, il2 1946, First Eagles, Strike Fighters Gold, Wings Over Europe, Strike fighters 2, Bob2:Wings of Victory, SDOE, Red Baron 2/3d, B172, EAW

My flight sims list is CFS3, FSX,EAW,IL2-CUP and BAT, DSC world, Battle of Stalingrad, CoD, OFF and Raise of Flight.

Blog Entries
    Looking to get the whole SF2 series. Hear it's really fun to learn and has many mods. Is it as good as Flaming Cliffs or DCS ?

My favourite combat sims are DCS World (inc Flaming Cliffs 2 and 3), Rise Of Flight, CFS 3, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. I also like Cliffs of Dover.

I haven't used IL2 1946 much, although I do have it, and I am yet to install the latest Falcon BMS, although I should get around to that as it looks and sounds like it is awesome.

I saw a new sim on Steam which I saw reviewed a while ago in PC Pilot: Combat Air Patrol 2:Battle of Hormuz. It looks like it's based around the AV8B Harrier.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34..._7_7_151_150_1

Also Wings Over Europe is currently on sale on Steam for $2.50. Pretty cheap and it doesn't look half bad.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/28..._7_7_151_150_1

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Won't use Steam . That is why i do not run Il-2 CLoD. Strike Fighters 2 series and the new WWII WotR sim by the WOFF crew are what i'll be getting as soon as i can.Anyone got a spare $1,000 for a new pc ?hahaha!

Blog Entries
    Being into CFS3 PTO-RS lately . Game is better as i've added many Japanese aircraft and the new P-40 series. CFS3 ETO 1.50 is the next one i play a lot. as well as Il-2 '46 VP modact round it out .

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Strike Fighters 2. It's a very good jet-era sim which is fully moddable and visually somewhere between CFS2 and 3. There are absolutely loads of downloads over at CombatAce, although the community is less welcoming and seriously divided for reasons which seem to go back before my time and which I do not know about. It comes in various favours - base game, Europe, Vietnam, Israel, Iceland - which can be installed singly or together. All kinds of modern weapons are fully modelled, from radar-guided AAMs to stand-off GBU and so forth. It has many advantages over other sims, such as adjustable levels of difficulty! Recommended if you're looking for a 1950s to present day sim.
    I agree it´s definetly a must higly recommended!

I love the flying sim , combat or not . My pc have installed CFS3 whit firepower and whitout , cfs2 , jane's WW2 Fighters , war thunder , wings of prey , il2 1946 TFM , il2 1946 HSFX, il2 BAT , il2 1946 vers.4.13.2 , il2 1946 vpmedia , tom clancy hawx , tom clancy hawx2 , BoB 2 wings of victory , il2 cliff of dover , il2 battle of stalingrad , jetfighter V , strike fighter project 1 , wings over vietnam, wings over europe, strike fighter 2 israel , SF2 vietnam , SF2 europe , and strike fighter 2 , Falcon 4 AF , F-16 FIGHTING FALCON , F16 multirole fighters , DCS world whit the old lock on planes plus the p51 and other 2 expansion , Gajgin apache air assault ( unfinished game , same wings of prey ) , Flight unlimited 3 , MSFS2002, MSFS2004 , MSFSX , X-plane 9 , pro pilot europe , Fly! 2 , Flightgear 2016.4.4 and f-22 total air war 2 . and a simulator for RC planes Aerofly professional deluxe . Most of this sim have MANY addons and all run on win 10 64 .

Blog Entries
    Thought i had a lot of combat flight sims but yours take the cake ! How do you remember all the different control keys ? That is why i stick to a series of sims and try not to branch out too much.Too much to remember for me. Falcon 4.0 BMS is the most difficult to learn to me but well worth it.It's the best modern combat flight sim ever made.

Blog Entries
    Just ordered Battle of Britain II Wings of Valor and downloaded the latest update and multi-skin pack. After researching it at various sites i've read a lot about it and found it is one of the best sims made. Awe inspiring ai . Best single player WW II sim there is for the BoB era from what i've been told , once updated. Wish i wouldn't have waited so long to find out about it. Will report on it asap once i get the sim in my mitts . Looks comparable to CFS3 or Il-2 '46 graphics wise . Win7 64 recommended as OS but read it can be made to work with Win 10.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Thought i had a lot of combat flight sims but yours take the cake ! How do you remember all the different control keys ? That is why i stick to a series of sims and try not to branch out too much.Too much to remember for me. Falcon 4.0 BMS is the most difficult to learn to me but well worth it.It's the best modern combat flight sim ever made.
    I have a saitek x52 joystick . I configured the buttons on the joystick using the same commands of other simulators . and it's easy remember.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Just ordered Battle of Britain II Wings of Valor and downloaded the latest update and multi-skin pack. After researching it at various sites i've read a lot about it and found it is one of the best sims made. Awe inspiring ai . Best single player WW II sim there is for the BoB era from what i've been told , once updated. Wish i wouldn't have waited so long to find out about it. Will report on it asap once i get the sim in my mitts . Looks comparable to CFS3 or Il-2 '46 graphics wise . Win7 64 recommended as OS but read it can be made to work with Win 10.
    I hope we are talking about the same game? Ask at this website https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...40e6fd36044c38 they are very helpfull for new members. Or do a search on the read only, BoBII section on SimHQ

Blog Entries
    Meant Wings of Victory. Sorry. Wish i could get on SimHQ but am permanently banned because of dual accounts but can just read posts.

Members who have read this thread: 0