P40B new model

Thread: P40B new model

Blog Entries

P40B new model

Hi all,

We now have a new P40B model for CFS3! This is AF Scrubs FSX model for which he has very kindly given permission for its conversion.

There's some tidying up left to do but it's 80% of the way there.

Nigel's going to be looking after the painting.

The existing P40 in MAW is good but the front end isn't quite right, this one looks spot on.

CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

That looks like a good quality model Clive. Was it in gmax allready? How's the vc?

We're really having a P-40 revival round here! There's still the second package of USAAF P-40Es to finish off, then we've got a new P-40K based on the said P-40E, and then this Tomahawk. Not forgetting Rene's updated P-40F and modified L models...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Well, it's probably about time to do that seeing that the P-40 is one of the very few US aircraft that flew in operational service from the first day of the war (using December 7th 1941 as the first here) until the last one and we've never had a truly good representation of it in CFS3 - how that is possible, I don't know.

Great !
    This model looks really well detailed.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Awesome news !! Thanks to all involved in this wonderful P-40 . If flown correctly it is deadly. Like the whole series done for the venerable warhorse. Regards,Scott

Excellent! Just curious, could the VC from this model be retrofitted to the other series for better placement? That's been the one thing about the others I just can't get past when I'm flying.

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    We're really having a P-40 revival round here! .
    For sure, thanks to all involved!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Blog Entries
    Just curious, could the VC from this model be retrofitted to the other series for better placement? That's been the one thing about the others I just can't get past when I'm flying.
    The VC is causing an issue at the moment, but we'll get it sorted one way or another. I thought the existing P40B pit wasn't too bad?

Blog Entries
    That looks like a good quality model Clive. Was it in gmax allready? How's the vc?

Yes its a Gmax model Steve, the vc looks ok but will need to be ' CFS3'd'. I may need to pick your brains please, if that's ok?

I may need to pick your brains please
    Sure thing Clive.

boy, I am jealous , usually the planes I convert are FSDS or the modeler wont share the source.
    Last edited by sdsbolt; January 22nd, 2017 at 06:40.

Lovely, all these new P-40's!!

Despite it's reputation, my favourite plane in MAW! It's gonna take an evening to download and install all these new models and skins.
    (But someone still needs to be pestered enough to do a decent P-38J/-L and replace the stock looks-like-it ...)

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

I was referring to the VC on the P-40E, the VC models themselves aren't bad, but the placement relative to the main model is something I've just not been able to get used to. If we had the source for a VC, perhaps it could be moved to fit better in the different models.

Not going to cause any problems, but if this skin is included in your release, I would appreciate acknowledgment for that skin, since I painted it for FSX. Not my template, but the mouth, eyes and ID number is mine.

With that being said, I am really looking forward to seeing this P-40 in CFS3. She will look perfectly in MAW!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Hi all,

We now have a new P40B model for CFS3! This is AF Scrubs FSX model for which he has very kindly given permission for its conversion.

There's some tidying up left to do but it's 80% of the way there.

Nigel's going to be looking after the painting.

The existing P40 in MAW is good but the front end isn't quite right, this one looks spot on.

Blog Entries
    Not going to cause any problems, but if this skin is included in your release, I would appreciate acknowledgment for that skin, since I painted it for FSX. Not my template, but the mouth, eyes and ID number is mine.
    You have pm Rob!

Hi Rob,

Fine! I won't actually be using the old skin for anything other than general orientation, but we can make sure your name is in there somewhere!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Thanks ndicki,

Again, not trying to cause any problems. If you are not going to use the skin I did, then don't worry about it. Are you aware that this plane from AF Scrub uses the same mapping as the the P-40 from A2A for FSX? If not, you can use the A2A paint kit and it will fit this model just fine, unless the mapping has changed since it was moved into CFS3.

Really looking forward to what you do for this one.

Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Hi Rob,

Fine! I won't actually be using the old skin for anything other than general orientation, but we can make sure your name is in there somewhere!

It doesn't any more... Clive has remapped it to get it onto one sheet, so we can have a proper damage mos and so forth. That means I have to start from scratch...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Members who have read this thread: 1