Weather System

Thread: Weather System

Hybrid View

Weather System

Is there one available instead of having to use the default real world weather within FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Thank you im guessing you just install and it updates automatically judging by the instructions

That FSXWX looks pretty good, although all the file replacements and .cfg file changes seem a bit complicated.
    My question would be: How does it compare to things like ASN, or FSRealWX? I currently FSRealWX Lite, and it seems to work beautifully "out of the box", so to speak. No changes to any FSX default files or anything like that. Is this FSXWX better? More accurate? Just better looking?
    I just want to see if it's worth the effort, such as it is, to install with all the required changes it needs.
    Thanks for the help
    Pat☺

Tom, FWIW, all the weather engines still have to use the world wide met data, met reports and forecasts and most tap into NOAA's data. After that how the weather is reproduced on your system is a matter of the graphics and textures and the programming capacity behind it. I use REX which has been quite dependable, but when I am also using FSX for other work (aircraft mods etc) FSX becomes the default. REX is always superior but is not because of the data feed but the programming which uses the data. There are others but I do not find the default system all that bad either.

ActiveSky 2016 is the most accurate weather engine I've used. Previously default real world weather in FSX, OpusFSI, and ActiveSky Next. It can depict multiple layers of weather/clouds and provides a very smooth visual transition between weather changes.

It is worth every penny.

The installation does seem complicated might give it go. Reason I ask is because no matter how many days pass the weather around a an airport sometimes seems to never change. Henry does ActiveSky automatically update the weather?.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    ActiveSky 2016 is the most accurate weather engine I've used. Previously default real world weather in FSX, OpusFSI, and ActiveSky Next. It can depict multiple layers of weather/clouds and provides a very smooth visual transition between weather changes.

It is worth every penny.
    Agreed...I use REX for textures, but I just got AS16 over Christmas and I will never use anything else...they know how to do weather over there. It looks more reaslitic and behaves very good for a sim. I'm very impressed. The features are fantastic all the options available to customize. makes a great package.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 0