Desperate Battles revision released!

Thread: Desperate Battles revision released!

Icon22 Desperate Battles revision released!

Hi all:

I have completed my revision of my "Desperate Battles" campaign. It encompasses the carreir battles of: the Battle of the Eastern Solomons and the Battle of Santa Cruz in the late summer of 1942 near Guadalcanal. The player will fly the US side, randomly as a fighter, dive bomber or torpedo bomber pilot - the last 2 randomly as the flight leader or wingman. The revision utilized new aircraft from Captain Kurt and Wolfi and new ships from Maxstuka and Stuart277.

I have completed everything to include the campaign .cmg and the readmes. What I am asking for is one or 2 Beta testers to check out the missions and completeness of the downloads readme. Anyone who wished to help out should PM me with their email address. Don't post it here! I will send what I have to you by email attachment.

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon22 Reply...

Shadow Wolf 07,

I will be happy to help you out with this when the time comes.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thank you Rami-san! I have one volunteer to test it. Any others should PM me with their email address.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I sent you a PM

Got it. I'll send you the campaign in a few... Thank you.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Got it file from Andrew. will load her up this weekend and give her a trial.
    thanks for your persistence.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Got it file from Andrew. will load her up this weekend and give her a trial.
    thanks for your persistence.
    Great! Please let me know if you have any problems. You have my email address, right?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

No I do not. PM it to me.

sent... let me know if you have any problems at all.

Greg
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I have send you the Final Feedback via Email. Great Campaign, Thanks

Thank you sir. As soon as the other beta testers give me a go, I will publish the campaign (with fixes).
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon23

Thank you for this magnificent work SW!!!
    Giuseppe

Desperate Battles Revised.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This is meant to be an historical USN campaign, based on the carrier battles of the Battle of the Eastern Solomons (22-25 August 1942) and the Battle of Santa Cruz. (25-27 October 1942) I named the campaign “Desperate Battles” because at this stage of the war the US Navy was fighting uphill. That is, they had fewer resources than the Japanese in many ways; inferior aircraft and less experienced pilots. In both battles, the Japanese are the attackers and the USN has to fight a defensive struggle.

The dates, times and locations of each engagement (mission) are as close as possible to the actual ones. Ship names, locations and courses as well as aircraft numbers and types are as accurate as possible. Attack angles and targets are set up to give historical results, but you, the player can change history (slightly). The campaign consists of various missions; recon, strike, defensive and land based as well as carrier based. Random chance plays a big role in the numbers of defensive aircraft and in some cases, whether or not a target will be there at all. Call signs and aircraft skins however are not historical. Carrier task forces are set up to sail into a 10, 12 or 15 knot wind on takeoff and landing. Using the alternate dps provided for the ships and the FDG alternate files for US aircraft should make this campaign even more realistic and challenging.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Desperate Battles Revised.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Members who have read this thread: 0