There are some fantastic aircraft for X-Plane!

Thread: There are some fantastic aircraft for X-Plane!

Blog Entries

There are some fantastic aircraft for X-Plane!

Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Many, many wonderful aircraft. Some are having issues in the V11 betas, but most do work for the most part.

I'm still in "discovery" mode with the XP11 beta demo, and I've been exploring the world of addons for that sim a few times.
    There are indeed a lot of excellent planes available for both XP10 and XP11, with some compatibility issues from time to time.
    But unfortunately, there are also a lot of disappointing addons, with low model quality, simplified avionics, etc... This is especially true for military jets, for example.

I plan to buy XP11 very soon to be honest, because the sim itself is just so nice. But it looks like I'll be forced to keep with P3D most of the times, because of the lack of addons in XP11.
    XP11 may in fact take the lead in my flight hours for anything related to GA or bush flights, because the scenery and the visuals are so good, and the GA/bush airplanes are good-enough.
    But when it comes to flying military stuff, P3D will be the sim of choice for now. This, and the Accusim planes of course.

Have to many already , mostly turboprops 7373, couple of choopers. No more til xplane 11 arrives
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

I have been messing around with XPlane 11 and feel the urhe to get a payware GA aircraft, Like the Carenado C182 or the Airfoil C172.

Problem is that I hear that there are some issues wit hthe current add-on aircraft in XPlane 11,

So I am probably holding off on buying any add-on's for XPlane 11 till it's final stable release and add-on's are fully adapted to take advantage of it's features.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Blog Entries
    I am told that one of the developers in X-Plane will putting an inexpensive converter package for XP-10 models to upgrade to XP-11. So, we are at beta 6 right now. I'd wait...I can't run 11 on this old system so anyone that is running XP-11 please keep us up to date.
    Ted

Dan at Thranda (dev who does the conversions for Alabeo/Carenado) is holding off until a final v11 to see where things stand before any update decisions are made. There are quite a few Alabeo and Carenado planes for x-plane with more on the way. He has stated he would like to have versions that work in both platforms, but with the changes being made through the betas, there may have to be separate versions. That said, some do work quite well in v11. The DA-40, DA-42, C177, C340, C207, C337, CT210, Shrike, C208b, PA-31 Navajo work quite well with only minor issues if any in v11, I will recheck the CT182T, but I do believe it will work.

If on the fence, then for sure the safe bet is to wait for a final v11 and word from developers that they will update.

The Carenado CT182T works just fine in v11...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honeyview_Car_CT182T_1.jpg   Honeyview_Car_CT182T_2.jpg   Honeyview_Car_CT182T_6.jpg  

Blog Entries
    WOW nice pics of the CT182T!!!
    Ted

Members who have read this thread: 0