HJG Boeing RC-135 FSX model conversion

Thread: HJG Boeing RC-135 FSX model conversion

HJG Boeing RC-135 FSX model conversion

HJG have some cool special mission versions of the KC-135 that would go together nicely with the Captain Sim 707 VC and systems. I have merged the CS 727 VC with other native FSX exterior models and everything tested out OK so expect this also might work for the CS 707 VC.

How difficult would it be to convert some of these HJG FS9 models to native FSX using ModelCoverter X? I once managed to convert an AI aircraft carrier (in FSX, an aircraft) to a static bgl scenery which worked well (the USS Oriskany planted on Yankee Station with working AI), but getting a plane from FS9 to FSX particularly with control service, landing gear and other standard animations working is a bit daunting.

http://simviation.com/hjg/downloads.htm

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Conversion difficulty scales with the amount of custom visibility objects in the model and "unknown" animation entries listed in MCX.

I converted the HJG KC-135E, it was a cumbersome process because the landing gear animations did have zero key frame issues (which I managed to fix using one of Bjoern's guides). I do not think the Captain Sim 707 VC can work with another model, I gave up after several attempts and went for an old school 2D panel from Roc Dolenek.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    I converted the HJG KC-135E, it was a cumbersome process because the landing gear animations did have zero key frame issues (which I managed to fix using one of Bjoern's guides). I do not think the Captain Sim 707 VC can work with another model, I gave up after several attempts and went for an old school 2D panel from Roc Dolenek.
    That's is correct, I tried using my CS 707 VC with a native E-3 model and it simply wouldn't work properly. I keep wishing someone (like CS) would expand to the 135 variants but I'm not holding my breath.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks guys for the replies.

I do not think the Captain Sim 707 VC can work with another model,
    Interesting, I have yet to try the 707 vc in another model. I merged the CS 727 vc with a native Tu-154 exterior and also the TDS 727 and surprisingly it all worked perfectly. Obviously, the "extra" animations user interface (engine covers; doors, etc) for the CS exterior model are no longer functioning (but you get the nice TDS ones). I guess with the 707 (which I believe CS did before their 727) there are some panel/vc systems and functions tied to the model?

Don't think CS tend to proliferate model variations the way other devs do. And when they do, it comes at a price . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    You might need to pull off an XML trick to get rid of the watermark after a merge, but look for the updated 707 here:
    http://simviation.com//fsnd/Downloads.htm

I really miss HJGs KC/RC/EC-135's. Any chance that we could get them working in FSX/P3D with a flyable cockpit?
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You might need to pull off an XML trick to get rid of the watermark after a merge, but look for the updated 707 here:
    http://simviation.com//fsnd/Downloads.htm
    Thanks Bjoern, I did not know this website.

Members who have read this thread: 3