eto 1.5 and memory

Thread: eto 1.5 and memory

Icon25 eto 1.5 and memory

I have a Toshiba laptop with 6mg memory built in. ETO 1.4 runs with no lag and no CTD. When I upgrade to eto 1.5 1/2 the time I get a CTD and the other times everything runs okay. I usually reboot and that takes care of the problem. Am I lacking enuff memory to run eto 1.5. I am prepared to get another 4 mg stick to increase to 10mg. B y the way I have several posts in here that have been viewed but unanswered. I thought this was a help center for answers. Brian

CFS3 cannot use more than 2Gb of memory unless you've applied the 4Gb patch. Either way 6Gb should be plenty.

My background memory load is 2.6Gb. When I run ETO 1.5 is jumps up to 3.8Gb, so the additional load is only 1.2Gb.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by bwchaney14 View Post
    I have a Toshiba laptop with 6mg memory built in. ETO 1.4 runs with no lag and no CTD. When I upgrade to eto 1.5 1/2 the time I get a CTD and the other times everything runs okay. I usually reboot and that takes care of the problem. Am I lacking enuff memory to run eto 1.5. I am prepared to get another 4 mg stick to increase to 10mg. B y the way I have several posts in here that have been viewed but unanswered. I thought this was a help center for answers. Brian
    Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear that you have problems running ETO. I am afraid that I can't help you with that as I am not that computer savvy when it comes to hardware. There are probably others who are and hopefully they can help you solve your problem.

I would like to comment on your last remark though; This is not a help center for answers (as in 'helpdesk') but a gathering place for people who share a hobby. As such, most members are more than willing to help each other out when questions and problems arise or comment on each other's accomplishments but this voluntary and not mandatory. No-one here is paid to fill a helpdesk function (as far as I know ).
    I do understand that it might be frustrating to see that your posts have been viewed without a reaction but IMHO it might be equally useless to have, say, 27 people answer that they do not have a solution to your question. Sometimes it's simply like that... (But cheer up, sometimes all you have to do, is to 'bump' your post again!)

[See; the Major already stepped in!]

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

memory patch?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    CFS3 cannot use more than 2Gb of memory unless you've applied the 4Gb patch. Either way 6Gb should be plenty.

My background memory load is 2.6Gb. When I run ETO 1.5 is jumps up to 3.8Gb, so the additional load is only 1.2Gb.

Where can I get one?

Possibly here? I am investigating the need to install with win10 pro 64

EDIT: The (more expert than mine) opinion is that it won't do any harm but may not be needed.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    This is not a help site but there are helpful people never the less.

Blog Entries
    Tried the exe and ran ETO 1.50 . Didn't notice any change but it has always ran smooth on my current rig . Win 7 64 bit OS.

Icon9 help

My thread unanswered but viewed over 130 times was a simple question not a plea for help. I was just wondering if there was any further development with ETO, PTO rising sun and solomons and DPC Korea. I thank all people who responded to my questions and am grateful for their knowledge. Brian

I'm not actively involved in any current dev but AFIK the only one which may have people still working on them are ETO and the BoB mod. Of course people are adding missions, aircraft, vehicles, etc. to all, but not doing new versions. Some people may be thinking of developing new mods, but they are a way off yet.

BTW lots of people look at my posts without replying!

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

James

All the TOW stuff you did is up at the Aussie FTP correct?

Ted

AFAIK. Haven't been there recently. If not email me.

Just thought of posting my results, was trying to fix a few issues and hoped 4gb patch would do it but no luck!
    Here are my findings first pic is without 4gb patch and the second is with it installed (the cfs3.exe file was updated in my eto folder)
    You will see that there seems to be no difference ! I'm getting very nearly 800mb for cfs3.exe and the other increase is from nvidia. Hope this is of use.

Blog Entries
    I have 6 gigs of ram with Win7 64bit and have set all sliders set to 5 . ETO 1.50 runs smooth and never has crashed except for when i would install a aircraft incorrectly . Runs smooth as butter. Just followed instructions given in the sticky here at SOH.Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0