Alabeo GeeBee

Thread: Alabeo GeeBee

Alabeo GeeBee

I noticed that the canopy doesn't open, if fact, it looks like nothing opens using CTRL + E.

As least for me.......Just checking...

Well, usually Cntrl-E is used for a quick & dirty engine start. For opening the canopy / door it's usually Shift-E.
    HTH
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

Hi GE,

With the Alabeo Gee Bee, the canopy can only be removed via a pop-up menu.

Press Shift+2, which will provide a window with three options, the last of which will allow you to remove the canopy. By doing it this way, Alabeo made it so that you cannot fly the aircraft with the canopy off, as that wouldn't be possible (at least not recommended) in the real aircraft anyway (the canopy assembly itself actually forms a rather significant amount of the rear upper fuselage).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

My bad, I meant Shift + E.

Quote Originally Posted by molyned View Post
    Well, usually Cntrl-E is used for a quick & dirty engine start. For opening the canopy / door it's usually Shift-E.
    HTH
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

Thanks John for the tip. I'll try that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Hi GE,

With the Alabeo Gee Bee, the canopy can only be removed via a pop-up menu.

Press Shift+2, which will provide a window with three options, the last of which will allow you to remove the canopy. By doing it this way, Alabeo made it so that you cannot fly the aircraft with the canopy off, as that wouldn't be possible (at least not recommended) in the real aircraft anyway (the canopy assembly itself actually forms a rather significant amount of the rear upper fuselage).

Members who have read this thread: 0